Thread: Recent goalie callups: Werner & Kivlenieks

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Recent goalie callups: Werner & Kivlenieks

In my crazy deep dynasty league, I am a guy who grabs any goalie who gets called up to the NHL, due to my teams needs.

Both these guys were just called up this week, so I grabbed them before they got snagged. They are the only NHL goalies who've been available so far this year.

Adam Werner - G COL
    Matiss Kivlenieks - G CBJ

Kivlenieks looks like he may be better right now, but if anyone who follows those teams knows anything, please share.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Recent goalie callups: Werner & Kivlenieks

Jackets have a light sked for next 10-12 or so days with games spread apart and no b2b's . Maybe just getting Elvis some extra work in the meantime since the AHL sometimes play 3 days in a row .

Veini Vehvilainen and Matiss Kivlenieks both have solid starts with similar gp's so far in the AHL ; no idea if Jarmo is thinking Matiss is a magic bullet though .

The Great One

I read the move was to get Elvis more playing time; Werner is just because Grubs is injured.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I was more wondering if anyone has any insight on them as propsects. I am committing to hold them as long as they are up, but beyond that is questionable. My goaltending is full of question marks, but they are passing so far.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Master

“If I wanted to play in Cleveland, I would be staying in Switzerland. Why do I have to go to Cleveland? I came here to the U.S. to play in the NHL, not in Cleveland. So I just thought about it once and I didn’t ask them anything about it.

https://theathletic.com/1357572/2019...motion-to-ahl/

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I was more wondering if anyone has any insight on them as propsects. I am committing to hold them as long as they are up, but beyond that is questionable. My goaltending is full of question marks, but they are passing so far.
    Pronman had Tarasov ranked higher than all the CBJ goalie prospects in his rankings at the athletic

The Great One

The later part of the quote is more insightful, which mentions that Elvis will only be in the AHL for a week or so and Kivs will not get a start at the NHL level.

I don't think either goalie has much short-term future in the NHL.