Thread: Kevin Hayes a goner ?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Kevin Hayes a goner ?

NY Post is speculating that Hayes maybe gone by the draft. The argument is to open space up for Chytil/Andersson.

Hayes is a bit of a floater imho, but his 25 goals looks nice on paper.

He has the size teams covet, although he doesn't use it as often as many hope he would.

Should be an interesting draft for NY as they have quite a few picks, cap space and RFA
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Kevin Hayes a goner ?

Idk. You've seen him play quite a bit as have I. He's got good hands. Very skilled stickhandler. Reminds me of kovalev or kreider a lot (for different reasons obv). Oozes skill but leaves you wanting more. Do you think he's been misused? I can't help but think he could be a PP distributor (ala poor man's Thornton) , no? I don't expect 100 points but could he be a 25-35-60+ guy?

I agree he definitely seems to "float" but is he just a big guy that depends more on stickhandling than size or speed (kreider both)? He makes guys miss but then just can't finish it seems.

I just worry the rags have too many guys that should be so much better. They seem to have tons of 2nd line guys (or third line) but no 1st liners. Will chytil or lias buck that trend?

Dobber Sports Deity

Any time a center's name comes up, the Habs have to be considered to be in play.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Any time a winger's name comes up, the Habs have to be considered to be in play.
    Sorry, had to correct the typo in your post
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Monster

If Hayes is being moved, one has to think the Habs are getting him for a pick. He would fit in nicely in Montreal. Hell, anyone would really lol.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    If Hayes is being moved, one has to think the Habs are getting him for a pick. He would fit in nicely in Montreal. Hell, anyone would really lol.
    A big center who actually plays center? The MTL media will have none of that!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

NY will most likely be looking for defense in return
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Jedi

in the last year the Rangers have added DeAngelo, Rykov, Lindgren & Hajek on D. They already have Skjei & Pionk up with the team. I don't think they're as desperate to add a Dman as some might think.

In a year, they've positioned themselves really well to just grab the best package available for Hayes when it's offered, regardless of position
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    A big center who actually plays center? The MTL media will have none of that!
    I think you mean Bergevin will have none of that.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    in the last year the Rangers have added DeAngelo, Rykov, Lindgren & Hajek on D. They already have Skjei & Pionk up with the team. I don't think they're as desperate to add a Dman as some might think.

In a year, they've positioned themselves really well to just grab the best package available for Hayes when it's offered, regardless of position
    Indeed, I agree

I think its about an "upgrade" at this point as I don't think they are going to acquire a goal scoring winger for Hayes. Or more accurately a scoring winger with term that meets the current team's strategy.

Defense usually have good value which can always be moved at a deadline.

I don't think Rykov whom I believe has another year on his KHL contract, Lindgren of Hajek make the team next season. I suppose one or two of them could surprise big time out of camp and make the squad but a season or two of marinading in the AHL is probably what the doctor ordered. In face DeAngelo, Pionk, Gilmour & Ogara spent a large part of the season on the A right ?

So for NHL level defense NY is looking at

Shat, Skjei, Staal, DeAngelo, Pionk, Gilmour, Kampfer, Sproul & Ogara at this point. Not to take anything away from these guys but I believe NY can improve on the current squad.

If Gorton/Slats can somehow get a scoring winger's contract to plug into the hole that Hayes would otherwise fill I would be all for it.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    Indeed, I agree

I think its about an "upgrade" at this point as I don't think they are going to acquire a goal scoring winger for Hayes. Or more accurately a scoring winger with term that meets the current team's strategy.

Defense usually have good value which can always be moved at a deadline.

I don't think Rykov whom I believe has another year on his KHL contract, Lindgren of Hajek make the team next season. I suppose one or two of them could surprise big time out of camp and make the squad but a season or two of marinading in the AHL is probably what the doctor ordered. In face DeAngelo, Pionk, Gilmour & Ogara spent a large part of the season on the A right ?

So for NHL level defense NY is looking at

Shat, Skjei, Staal, DeAngelo, Pionk, Gilmour, Kampfer, Sproul & Ogara at this point. Not to take anything away from these guys but I believe NY can improve on the current squad.

If Gorton/Slats can somehow get a scoring winger's contract to plug into the hole that Hayes would otherwise fill I would be all for it.
    Why would they worry about next season when they're rebuilding? If Hayes is not going to be part of that rebuild, then trade him for a nice package of young players and prospects. I don't see why they would acquire someone who will be 30 when their rebuild is over in a few years.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I could see the Ducks going after Hayes if Kesler is (indeed) LTIR for foreseeable future.
    Vermette (609 FOW) is also UFA, so Ducks might want to fill their C2/C3 spot (w/Henrique the other) until Sam Steel is ready, which may be yet another 1+ year away.
    The Ducks have both Kase & Ritchie as similar ELC-RFAs. If they are struggling with negotiations for either, it might be possible starting point.