Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trade Carlson and Marchand???

Dobber Sports Rookie

Exclamation Trade Carlson and Marchand???

I am in a dynasty keeper league and I am currently in 12th place and looking to build for the future. I have offers on Carlson and Marchand but not sure which deal to take. I know Carlson and Marchand are studs but they are getting older and I am looking for young upcoming stars for the future. Here are the offers.

Trade 1:

I give: Carlson and Marchand
    I get: Krebs, Turcotte, Brandon Hagel, Zary and 3rd pick

Trade 2:
    I give: Carlson, Marchand, Pavelski and Deangelo
    I get: Kent Johnson, Beauvillier, Marner, Heinola, Nikita Chibrikov and 3rd pick.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Trade Carlson and Marchand???

First post? Welcome to the forums!

Those are both bad deals, you need to raise the price significantly. Trade 1 could very well net you nothing in 5 years. Never trade studs for upside alone... if you want to get younger, trade for proven youth!

Dobber Sports Rookie

I kind of like the 2nd deal getting Marner who has been a proven player for a few years but I am going to take Deangelo out of the deal. This league seems to really value young prospects.

Dobber Sports Star

Trade 1 is completely unacceptable. I would never accept that even if only one of Carlson or Marchand were involved.

Both Carlson and Marchand are high-end talents now, even with their ages, they should net you at least one young player who is established as an NHL performer.

Trade 2 has Marner, which is good. But there's zero need for you to add a young player like DeAngelo. I'm not all that excited by any of Heinola, Chibrikov, and whatever 3rd pick is; without knowing particulars that just seems like a team clearing out its C-level prospects. I don't know what Beauvillier is, he seemed like something, but he may be getting passed by other wingers. So even if you remove DeAngelo completely, you're looking at Carlson and Marchand for Marner and Kent Johnson. I think I'd want one more higher-end skater to complete that package, someone better than Kent Johnson.

Dobber Sports Rookie

What if I did something like Pavelski, Carlson and Marchand and ask for Marner, Jack Hughes, Kent Johnson, Heinola and a 2nd round pick.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by tripler0425 View Post
    What if I did something like Pavelski, Carlson and Marchand and ask for Marner, Jack Hughes, Kent Johnson, Heinola and a 2nd round pick.
    I think that's a good approach.

Dobber Sports Icon

This is a much better deal. You are getting superstar potential talent back. I am assuming this is a points only league. If the league includes hits and/or shots then you are being taken advantage of since none of Marner, Hughes or Johnson will be high end players in those types of leagues.

The other deals are all terrible.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    This is a much better deal. You are getting superstar potential talent back. I am assuming this is a points only league. If the league includes hits and/or shots then you are being taken advantage of since none of Marner, Hughes or Johnson will be high end players in those types of leagues.

The other deals are all terrible.
    Yes it is a points head to head and hits, shots are included. I just offered that deal and the other owner is saying no so I guess I will just hold onto these guys and wait for a better deal or keep them going into next year.

Dobber Sports Rookie

People think I am crazy to be asking for more for these two. They are complaining and think I am asking for too much for two older players even though I have pointed out how much they contribute in all scoring categories. Looks like I am going to be holding off.

Dobber Sports Ace

People think I am crazy to be asking for more for these two. They are complaining and think I am asking for too much for two older players even though I have pointed out how much they contribute in all scoring categories. Looks like I am going to be holding off.
    Good call, if they’re not going to give you fair value just keep them.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Welcome to the forums, and ignore the other people complaining. If you have to ride your older players forever, you do it.

If you add league info we can help you more, and a signature is good for that.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Pro

That first offer is a joke, and the second one is pretty bad too. The one you're mentioned as a possibility is a good option, but I wouldn't accept any less than that.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, Pavelski, Duchene, Nyqvist, Rossi
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Mateychuk
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Rockies & Hockeys View Post
    That first offer is a joke, and the second one is pretty bad too. The one you're mentioned as a possibility is a good option, but I wouldn't accept any less than that.
    The other own just came back with this offer. I asked for Brady Tkachuk but he won't budge.

I give: Marchand and Carlson
    I get: Tanner Jeannot, 2nd, Krebs, Turcotte, Zary
    Active Roster:
    C: Cozens, Frost, Hayton, J. Boqvist, Eklund, Rasmussen
    LW: Caufield, Krebs, Milano, Lindlom, Kaliyev
    RW: Rantanen, Chinakhov, Terry, Kyrou,Y amamoto, Kessell, Smith
    D: Boqvist, Bouchard, Byram, Hanifin, Sanderson, Severson, Matheson, Sanheim, York
    G: Samsonov, Varlamov

Minors: Cooley, Foerster, Goyette, Ishakov, Kent Johnson, Hendrix Lapierre, O'Brien, Salminen, Bloom, Chibrikov, Desnoyers, Neighbours, Schaefer, Stromgren, Brink, Gunler, Yurov, Faber, Luke Hughes, Wallinder, Zamula, Kokko, Lafontaine, Primeau, Felix Sandstrom

Dobber Sports Star

The other own just came back with this offer. I asked for Brady Tkachuk but he won't budge.

I give: Marchand and Carlson
    I get: Tanner Jeannot, 2nd, Krebs, Turcotte, Zary
    This is beyond ridiculous. I'd stop talking to this owner.

Dobber Sports Pro

This other GM is a goof. Walk away.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, Pavelski, Duchene, Nyqvist, Rossi
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Mateychuk
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin