Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Keller or Nylander

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Keller or Nylander

Need help, who you guy's chose Clayton Keller or William Nylander if goals and passes age 1 point each.
    Keeper league
    18 Team, General manager
    G,A,W,SO
    12 fwd, 6 def and 2 goalie
    Have to protect 12 players including 3 defense

Team
    M Rossi, Raymond, Bedard
    Kyrou, Dach, E.Pettersson
    Holtz, Burakovski, E.Kane
    Brown, Barabanov, Bennett

Dahlin, Drysdale, Q Hughes
    Petry, Spurgeon, Moser

Kochetkov, Hart

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Keller or Nylander

I prefer Keller long term. I think Nylander will still be a very very good player. But the Yotes are on the rise I think and once Hayton becomes their 1C, which seems quite likely to me, their first line could be elite. Keller and Hayton could be an elite combo for years. While I think Nylander will be a top 50-75 player. Still very valuable and very good. Just not on that level.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Icon

I do like Keller but the Coyotes have been in the same rut for decades and I don't expect it to change. I would say Keller if he was on most other teams - here I'm saying Nylander.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    I do like Keller but the Coyotes have been in the same rut for decades and I don't expect it to change. I would say Keller if he was on most other teams - here I'm saying Nylander.
    That's their history. Looking towards the future, I think the Yotes are putting together a team that will eventually be in the playoffs consistently. While Toronto should be also, Nylander will likely always be 4th fiddle to Tavares, Marner and Matthews.

Even if the Yotes as a team don't do as well as I suspect, their top line should still dominate in fantasy terms. Neither player is a bad choice though.
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    That's their history. Looking towards the future...
    Like I said, it's also their future. They are just one of those sports teams that will always, always be in the bottom 1/4 of the league.
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Like I said, it's also their future. They are just one of those sports teams that will always, always be in the bottom 1/4 of the league.
    Even if that is true though, this is fantasy. That doesn't factor in to if Keller puts up 90 points or not. There have been plenty of bad teams who's best players still were fantasy gold. Keller is clearly their best player long term. And he has help OTW. So even if I am wrong about Yotes turning things around, I don't see how that effects the fantasy numbers of a surefire top line, top pp, over 20 min a game player like Keller should be. Even more so perhaps if they do remain as bad as you say because that will likely mean Keller just sees more TOI than Nylander ever will on a top heavy team like the leafs. Nylander might not even get time on their PP1 with the D they have. I could absolutely see them running out a PP1 of Tavares, Marner, Matthews, Rielly and Barrie. I actually think that is what they are likely to do. I would rather have those 5 than Nylander on the PP1. That will greatly effect Nylanders output. If that were to happen, it would be Keller by a pretty big margin. And yea, I think there is a chance that actually happens. Keller is guaranteed to be on their PP1 for the next 10 years probably.
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Leafs aren't running a 3F 2D setup, definitely not with the PP coach they brought in from Florida (he even tried 5 forwards with the Panthers at one point last season). Barrie has already said he is on PP2 and Rielly on PP1. Not to say Nylander still won't be on PP2 but it won't be because they run two dmen.

Also, you could look at it as though Nylander is ''forth fiddle'', or you could look at it as though he gets to play with FAR better talent than Keller will likely ever have collectively. He will be glued to Matthews all season and they are already dominating as a pair during camp and preseason games. Matthews is the best 5on5 goal scorer in the league and Nylander will be the one setting him up.

Keller is a good player but people are sleeping extra hard on Nylander. A huge breakout is coming.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Icon

A lot of maybes and ifs for both, but the Leafs are a contender and lines get juggled all the time with slumps and injuries. Nylander's a lock for the top 6, so his centre is either Mathews or Tavares. He'll get time on the top units and has the talent to stick (IMHO, of course).

Dobber Sports Deity

My preference is Nylander.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I’m predicting Johnsson gets last PP1 spot in Toronto, for his puck retrieval skills. Nylander and Barrie on PP2.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Keller for me. He put up 65 points on a ‘bottom 1/4 team’ his rookie year, which beats Nylander’s career high. Just because Coyotes will likely be a bubble playoff team in the future, does not mean their top player can’t be a fantasy stud.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Keller's going to make this one close.
    But give me the super motivated Nylander this year... and give him 80.
    FWIW... I think Keller surpasses 70 this season.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I have got to go with Nylander and mostly because of the guy or guys that will be dishing him the puck and they are elite in either Matthews or Tavaras.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

Dobber Sports Veteran

Both have over 70 points potential but I think Keller has the better chance to do it.
    Devils & Predators fan

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Eleasha View Post
    I have got to go with Nylander and mostly because of the guy or guys that will be dishing him the puck and they are elite in either Matthews or Tavaras.
    Exactly what I was thinking. I want the guy that is going to lineup beside Matthews every night and not Stepan or Schmaltz.