Page 156 of 412 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 166 206 256 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 6179

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

I watched up until a bit left in the 2nd (maybe 5-8min left). Toronto didn't look too bad. That JvR goal was a thing of beauty tho.

Marner had a pass picked off on a previous PP where he tried to go to JvR on the far side and it's one of those plays where you could see the Sen player between Marner and JvR so it should be picked off, but I almost wanted to believe he could have made it.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Is there any coach in the league who is a better quote than Babs ? I don't always agree with him, but he makes me laugh almost every day.
    There is merit in this argument I think. Too many bloggers think 3 total skill players would make a great line. It just doesn't work that way.
    Attachment 3881
    Sutter with the Kings was funnier, but that's cause he was so dry and quick. Babcock is the perfect coach for Toronto, high profile and smart enough to not get dragged around by the media. If he's low profile the media questions his decisions. High profile where he says something and Toronto media (and the not smart leaf fans) go, "Ok, we get it".

Only time I see a line of Nylander-Matthews-Marner is a PP randomly for some reason. Down a goal, other line not clicking, someones hurt, aka the perfect storm. Marner played with Matthews a few times last yr and you could tell they wanted something beautiful to happen but the chemistry just didn't click completely.

The Great One

Tonights lineup could be how the season starts.

JVR - Bozak - Marner
    Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
    Marleau - Kadri - Komarov
    Martin - Altonen - Brown

Rielly - Hainsey
    Zaitsev - Gardiner
    Rosen - Carrick

Andersen
    Kaskisuo

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Interesting. No Moore centering that 4th line. I have not seen any of his camp and I wonder what Babs is thinking. I have read he has not impressed.
    I was never a Marincin fan (a popular opinion I am sure), so glad to see he might be by-passed. I suppose once Polak is back Carrick may be in the press-box as I assume he would have to pass through waivers to go to the Marlies and I am guessing the Leafs brass will not want to lose him for nothing. Leivo seems to be the odd guy out here - that is one guy who holds some value that should be playing in the NHL somewhere. As an Innisfil guy myself I hope he gets his chance and/or the Leafs can get something for him.
    Nice to see Kaskisuo grab that spot as McElhinney has looked pretty brutal.
    All in all a decent looking roster. Is sure is nice to hear we have some young D (and plenty of forwards) pushing for NHL jobs.
    Can't wait to watch the game tonight! It's coming together!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

What are the odds that we see Kaskisuo and not McElhinney assume back up duties with the big leafs to start the season?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    What are the odds that we see Kaskisuo and not McElhinney assume back up duties with the big leafs to start the season?
    0.1%. Sparks is in front of Karskisuo I think in the Leafs eyes. Even though he hasn't really done much this pre-season to take the role

As of Polak, he's not even medically cleared to play yet, thus why he hasn't. He's hoping last yrs play gets him a contract I think.

I never really mind Marincin, but I never knew what he was, and I would love if he wasn't a 7th D-man on this team really. He was either to dumb to play, or too smart for his talent. Could never put my finger on it. But I'm really liking Rosen. At least we know what Marincin is at least tho right? No surprises if he makes his way onto the team?

The Great One

I really like Polak but I don't think we need his presence. I'd rather give other guys their cup of coffee. But he is a right handed D which we could use, so I can justify that signing if he does get a contract.

Marincin is useless.

Carrick has impressed me this pre-season. Seems to be much stronger and more 'crisp'.

Rosen vs Dermott seems to be the 6th D. I haven't seen Dermott play in these games yet. The two games I've watched Rosen and he looks good. Didn't watch last nights game.

Along with their last d-men, the 4th line C is up for grabs. Will be interesting who wins that battle.

LOTS of depth for the Leafs. Good to see.

Dobber Sports Titan

4th line center seems to be Miro Aaltonen's to lose right now. Even though he's not good at faceoffs, he's playing like a Babcock player (Fast, responsible, hard working)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    4th line center seems to be Miro Aaltonen's to lose right now. Even though he's not good at faceoffs, he's playing like a Babcock player (Fast, responsible, hard working)
    And can chip in with some goals.

I think that's becoming more and more important.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    I really like Polak but I don't think we need his presence. I'd rather give other guys their cup of coffee. But he is a right handed D which we could use, so I can justify that signing if he does get a contract.

Marincin is useless.

Carrick has impressed me this pre-season. Seems to be much stronger and more 'crisp'.

Rosen vs Dermott seems to be the 6th D. I haven't seen Dermott play in these games yet. The two games I've watched Rosen and he looks good. Didn't watch last nights game.

Along with their last d-men, the 4th line C is up for grabs. Will be interesting who wins that battle.

LOTS of depth for the Leafs. Good to see.
    Personally I see Rosen/Carrick as 5/6 & eventually Polak at 7.

Also agree Aaltonens offence gives him an edge. Moores moere & more looking like hes lost a step.

Toronto Maple Leafs projected lineup

Forwards

Left Wing Centre Right Wing
    Josh Leivo Miro Aaltonen Connor Brown
    Kerby Rychel Dominic Moore Kasperi Kapanen
    Colin Greening Ben Smith Carl Grundstrom
    Andreas Johnsson Eric Fehr Nikita Soshnikov

Left Defence Right Defence
    Andreas Borgman Connor Carrick
    Calle Rosen Travis Dermott
    Martin Marincin Justin Holl
    Michael Paliotta

Goaltenders
    Curtis McElhinney
    Garret Sparks

Montreal Canadiens projected lineup

Forwards

Left Wing Centre Right Wing
    Max Pacioretty Jonathan Drouin Brendan Gallagher
    Alex Galchenyuk Michael McCarron Andrew Shaw
    Daniel Carr Peter Holland Byron Froese
    Chris Terry Jacob de la Rose Torrey Mitchell

Left Defence Right Defence
    Victor Mete Shea Weber
    Eric Gelinas Brandon Davidson
    Joe Morrow Mark Streit

Goaltenders
    Carey Price
    Zachary Fucale

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    0.1%. Sparks is in front of Karskisuo I think in the Leafs eyes. Even though he hasn't really done much this pre-season to take the role
    Woll is the future

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post
    Woll is the future
    He’s so “future” as a goalie you can’t even properly project when he gets a shot.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Have to say, I'm not really a fan of Martin holding off Leivo or Kapanen from this roster. I like Martin, but in comparison, his edge isn't worth the value a kapanen would add to that 4th line.

When Marincin is no longer qualified to be considered in the discussion of our top 7, let alone in the starting 6 - that's when we can begin to look at contending. He's like his own individual Bermuda Triangle on the ice. you never know what's going to happen when someone comes down the wing at him. Does the opposing player vanish? Or does Marincin?

I expect Rosen to be in the top 4 playing with Gardiner, pushing down Marincin.. by Christmas (at the very latest) we'll see Dermott pushing him out of the line up. I think for the time being Borgman is the odd one out and some AHL time will do his adjustments to NA game some good.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Top 4 lock I think:
    Hainsey Rielly
    Zaits Gardiner

The fact Hainsey can just stay at home and let Rielly loose (finally) will hold off Rosen/Dermott/Carrick or any of those guys. But Hainsey came into the league when the ACC was new (Drafted 2000, ACC opened feb 19, 1999) you can’t really expect 82 games from him even tho he’s barely missed games since 2013.

But no one expected Zaits/Gardiner to be a pairing this time last yr so who knows.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Nobody's really talking about it, but I question Babcock's decision to anoint Hainsey a top pairing spot even before camp started. I don't get it.
    The player should determine that based on how he plays.

I wouldn't be surprised at all, based on what I've seen so far, that the Rielly/Hainsey pairing is split up within 10 regular season games.
    Perceived bottom pair guys (like Carrick, Rosen, Borgman and even the laughable Marincin) have outplayed Hainsey in my eyes. Granted, he's a little older so maybe he needs a few more games to get going.

And wow, that Johnsson kid?! I would so love to see a late draft pick like that rise up through the system and become a stud.
    Too early still, but he looks promising.
    I've bee quite high on him since draft year +1. He's developed really nicely in SEL. Another year in the AHL likely and hopefully the Leafs can clear out some wingers so he can get a clearer shot - same with Grundstrom who looks really good too.

Hard to believe we just let Jack Walker go one year after drafting him - Minn scooped him immediately.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4