Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Best $13/mo You Can Spend (Streaming) - esp. if you have Kids or like Star Wars

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Best $13/mo You Can Spend (Streaming) - esp. if you have Kids or like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    So far I am only interested in Dark Wing Duck and the Simpsons for nostalgia. I have no interest in re-watching Marvel movies (as they are pretty much all the same), or new/old Star Wars, or old live action Disney. Is there anything specific anyone is interested in with this service? I am curious
    Every Disney animated movie is a pretty big draw for those with children.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Best $13/mo You Can Spend (Streaming) - esp. if you have Kids or like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Disney+ has Every. God. Damn. Simpsons. Episode. EVER.

That alone has sold me.
    Not quite. They actually have cut the Michael Jackson episode out of season 3. It's probably safe to assume they cut the World Trade Center joke from the NYC episode as well.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Not quite. They actually have cut the Michael Jackson episode out of season 3. It's probably safe to assume they cut the World Trade Center joke from the NYC episode as well.
    But they kept the scene in The Simpsons Movie where Bart makes fun of Mickey Mouse, and the scene that shows Bart's cartoon ding-a-ling.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

So far I am only interested in Dark Wing Duck and the Simpsons for nostalgia. I have no interest in re-watching Marvel movies (as they are pretty much all the same), or new/old Star Wars, or old live action Disney. Is there anything specific anyone is interested in with this service? I am curious
    Honestly, thinking about it more, no.

I'm a sucker for the Marvel stuff so I'm interested in the exclusive Disney+ shows when they roll out, and Thor: Ragnarok is a movie I'm not sure I'll get tired of re-watching.

I was obsessed with Star Wars as a kid but I've been fairly uninterested since Disney took over. I haven't even bothered watching the trailer for the new movie and don't plan on seeing it in theatre. I fell asleep watching the Mandalorian last night but wasn't impressed with what I saw, it felt like an average budget sci-fi show that are a dime-a-dozen on the Space station (if that's still around.) I have the original versions of the first trilogy downloaded and Disney+ only offers the tinkered with versions so I won't even re-watch those on the service.

I'll re-watch the Simpsons occasionally (Treehouse of Horror marathons every Halloween for sure) and I'll get a kick out of watching some of the cartoons I grew up with again for a bit (Gargoyles!) but if I didn't have kids there is no way I'd shill out for this consistenly.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Honestly, thinking about it more, no.

I'm a sucker for the Marvel stuff so I'm interested in the exclusive Disney+ shows when they roll out, and Thor: Ragnarok is a movie I'm not sure I'll get tired of re-watching.

I was obsessed with Star Wars as a kid but I've been fairly uninterested since Disney took over. I haven't even bothered watching the trailer for the new movie and don't plan on seeing it in theatre. I fell asleep watching the Mandalorian last night but wasn't impressed with what I saw, it felt like an average budget sci-fi show that are a dime-a-dozen on the Space station (if that's still around.) I have the original versions of the first trilogy downloaded and Disney+ only offers the tinkered with versions so I won't even re-watch those on the service.

I'll re-watch the Simpsons occasionally (Treehouse of Horror marathons every Halloween for sure) and I'll get a kick out of watching some of the cartoons I grew up with again for a bit (Gargoyles!) but if I didn't have kids there is no way I'd shill out for this consistenly.
    They have Gargoyles too!?!? damn. My problem when I watch some old shows I loved as a kid, is that they really were not good haha. A ton also re-used animation frequently. Like the 90's Spiderman (Peter Parker dating BOTH MJ and Felicity at the same time haha) you see the same shot every fight scene .

Also, the cutting of that episode is stupid. but here is the reasoning from: https://www.vulture.com/2019/11/the-...n-episode.html

Yesterday, Simpsons executive producer James L. Brooks announced that the show’s 1991 episode “Stark Raving Dad” will be pulled from circulation because of its association with Michael Jackson. You won’t be able to watch it in syndicated reruns, or on the Simpsons streaming app, or on future DVD releases. Unless you already have it on a Simpsons DVD, recorded on an old VHS, or you seek it out through illegal means, it will essentially not exist.

Brooks told The Wall Street Journal that he and the rest of the show’s creative team made their decision to shelve the season-three episode after watching the HBO documentary Leaving Neverland, which outlines in great detail the recollections of two men, Wade Robson and James Safechuck, who say they were sexually abused by Jackson for years during their childhoods. “I’m against book burning of any kind,” Brooks said, “but this is our book and we’re allowed to take out a chapter.”
    So dumb
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Veteran

They have Gargoyles too!?!? damn. My problem when I watch some old shows I loved as a kid, is that they really were not good haha. A ton also re-used animation frequently. Like the 90's Spiderman (Peter Parker dating BOTH MJ and Felicity at the same time haha) you see the same shot every fight scene .

Also, the cutting of that episode is stupid. but here is the reasoning from: https://www.vulture.com/2019/11/the-...n-episode.html

So dumb
    When you said "...really were not good" the first thing that popped in my head was that Spider-Man cartoon. That one really does not hold up at all. X-Men is still awesome though.