Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Dobber - Ask Your Questions Now! - Easter Edition

I...am your father.

Default Dobber - Ask Your Questions Now! - Easter Edition

Happy Easter!

Crunch time. Playoff time in a lot of leagues. Fire away with your questions. I'm at the computer for most of the day as I lay the groundwork for the Fantasy Prospects Report and jot down some notes for tonight's Ramblings, as well as set up the Interactive Playoff Draft List. So while I'm here, I'll pop onto the forum and try to help you win your final weeks

One request - I don't get asked which goalie to start tonight. I'm no better at one-day goalie picks than anyone else. I'm better at averages - the longer term, the better. One-day guesses are just dart throws! At least for me. So your best bet is to take a poll and start your own thread on that.

Everything else is fair game, though I likely won't have injury information you need because teams hold that stuff tight to the chest these days...
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Dobber - Ask Your Questions Now! - Easter Edition

Happy Easter Dobber! Hope your kids found lots of eggs!!

Which goalie prospect is better long term - Blackwood (unsigned) or Nedeljkovic (signed)?
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks Dobber! I've got 3!

How do you think Dubnyk will do next year?

How do you think Nichushkin will do next year and in 3?

And the toughest, if Trouba does not get traded... Do you think Provorov could be fantasy relavent earlier? ( I might have to choose between them)

Dobber Sports Stud

Happy Easter!

I'm in a dog fight for first in my league and my goaltending could make or break it for me. I own Rask and Mrazek and also picked up Darling recently. My opponent who I'm battling with has Holtby and Jones. Should I outright drop any of my goaltenders and pick up someone else like Smith, Allen or Pavelec for the final 2 weeks or should I trust what I have?
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Recruit

Hey Dobber,

Happy Holidays!!

Anyway looking ahead to next week's finals (gotta win today though!!) and there are some players I want to add.

ATM I have an open roster spot and the best available options are Reinhart, McGinn, Couterier and Rakell. In addition, I could drop Eakin or Hagelin to pick up 2 of those guys, but then I'd already be down 2-3 of my 4 adds before the week even started lol.

McGinn and Rakell seem like great choices, but I already have Scorey and Hamp Lindholm so I'm worried that might be just a bit too Duck heavy, though they play on soft game nights and have a pretty juicy schedule. So they might not be the worst team to stack up on. Saving my adds is pretty important because my goalies are Luongo and Allen so I might have to look for some spot starts as well.

Offensive categories are G,A,+/-,SOG,PPP,SHP,GWG.

Any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JL

Dobber Sports Novice

Yahoo roto keeper league with NHL cap: I have room to keep 2 of these 4, who is the best option for the next 2-3 years, taking salary & upside into account?

Stepan
    Zibanejad
    JT Miller
    Wennberg

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Happy Easter

If you could pick one, Jamie McGinn or Jakob Silfverberg, in the last two weeks of the season (playing for my league title) - who would it be? Points only. Thanks
    10 Team, (points only) Keeper
    F: Kucherov, Stamkos, Ovechkin, Zibanejad, Nylander, Bjorkstrand, R.Johansen, Perron, Buchnevich.
    D: Burns, Klingberg, Provorov, Fox, DeAngelo, Grzelcyk.
    G: Vasilevskiy, Shesterkin, Koskinen, Saros, Georgiev.
    Bench: Gurianov, Hintz, Norris, Chytil, Thornton.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Happy Easter Dobber,

This upcoming week is the last week in my 1 year league (Ive gotten to the finals!) the team in my sig is the one. Now out of all those players in my sig who should I drop for a hot free agent this week Was thinking about dropping Pelly (doesn't fit with my schedule) Coture (has been bad) and Silferberg (Piri is a better option?). Who in your opinion should I drop this week and for what free agents?

Allen on the wire btw drop Greiss for him this week?

Thanks for all the help this year and hope you and your family have a great Easter!
    One year 10 team league SHG​, SHA,PPP,G,A,PIM,SOG,+/- all apply

C: Barkov, Eichel, Kopitar, Zibanejad
    LW: Keller, Namestnikov, Niederreiter, Guentzel
    RW: Kucherov, Grandlund, Pasternak, Boeser

D: Burns, Faulk, Letang, Provorov, Ristolainen
    G: Vasilevskiy, Smith, Talbot

Dobber Sports Padawan

Happy Easter to you and your family!

1) will Bobrovsky be a top 10 goalie next year?
    2) how good is J. Vesey? Better than Mantha?

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bulls View Post
    Happy Easter Dobber! Hope your kids found lots of eggs!!

Which goalie prospect is better long term - Blackwood (unsigned) or Nedeljkovic (signed)?
    You're waiting five years on either one, but Blackwood is more talented - and Nedeljkovic is the better goalie to own in fantasy hockey (there's a difference)

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by plug View Post
    Thanks Dobber! I've got 3!

How do you think Dubnyk will do next year?
    Great! Very bullish on him - 40 wins.

How do you think Nichushkin will do next year and in 3?
    I'll say high 40s next season and then a nice little breakout into the high 60s the year after

And the toughest, if Trouba does not get traded... Do you think Provorov could be fantasy relavent earlier? ( I might have to choose between them)
    I would take Provorov regardless. I think Trouba will be about five years away from breaking through, given how WPG is using him and their other options for offense

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Dikoi View Post
    Happy Easter!

I'm in a dog fight for first in my league and my goaltending could make or break it for me. I own Rask and Mrazek and also picked up Darling recently. My opponent who I'm battling with has Holtby and Jones. Should I outright drop any of my goaltenders and pick up someone else like Smith, Allen or Pavelec for the final 2 weeks or should I trust what I have?
    I wouldn't waste time with Darling. Too up and down. Could hurt you. Whereas Allen in the odd spot start will be gold. Sure, he'll only start about three more games, but each one will be great for you and worth spot-starting.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Great! Very bullish on him - 40 wins.

I'll say high 40s next season and then a nice little breakout into the high 60s the year after

I would take Provorov regardless. I think Trouba will be about five years away from breaking through, given how WPG is using him and their other options for offense
    Thanks! Big help on my keepers. And Happy Easter that I forgot earlier!

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by JT Kreider View Post
    Hey Dobber,

Happy Holidays!!

Anyway looking ahead to next week's finals (gotta win today though!!) and there are some players I want to add.

ATM I have an open roster spot and the best available options are Reinhart, McGinn, Couterier and Rakell. In addition, I could drop Eakin or Hagelin to pick up 2 of those guys, but then I'd already be down 2-3 of my 4 adds before the week even started lol.

McGinn and Rakell seem like great choices, but I already have Scorey and Hamp Lindholm so I'm worried that might be just a bit too Duck heavy, though they play on soft game nights and have a pretty juicy schedule. So they might not be the worst team to stack up on. Saving my adds is pretty important because my goalies are Luongo and Allen so I might have to look for some spot starts as well.

Offensive categories are G,A,+/-,SOG,PPP,SHP,GWG.

Any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JL
    I'd put all my eggs in one basket and roll with the Ducks. McGinn is your best option, as he's on fire and could easily keep it up for another week or two.

Dobber Sports Deity

Happy Easter!

I'll throw one at you, and it's more of an opinion question than an actual fantasy one. Just a good ole fashioned hockey question.

Who do you think the Oilers end up moving this off-season (RNH?, Eberle?, etc) and who do you think they target in return?

And also, what's your take on Stamkos this off-season? Do you think he re-signs in TB or is he on the move?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."