Page 22 of 105 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 32 72 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Wha!!!???? You didn't like the final battles? Oh man. This one is a guilty pleasure of mine. Loved Cheddar Bob! Lol.
    I thought the final battles were 'ok'. But when the absolutely climax of the movie is just 'ok' that doesn't bode well for the rest of the movie. I don't know. I'm probably guilty of building that movie up more than I thought because I love the song that came out of it, but it was just such a huge let down.

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Daniel Day Lewis .... But I agree DiCaprio is a great actor.
    Agreed, Wolf is a fantastic movie. But...Daniel Day-Lewis is a better actor. Lewis, Fiennes, and Oldman are probably my top three.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

I've only ever seen one Daniel Day-Lewis film and that was Last of the Mohicans. By the sounds of it I should probably try and watch a few more of his other films.

Dobber Sports Stud

I've seen "There Will Be Blood" and really enjoyed it... Any "must watch" movies featuring DDL?

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    I've seen "There Will Be Blood" and really enjoyed it... Any "must watch" movies featuring DDL?
    Gangs of New York, and Last of the Mohicans. Epic.

Also, another great movie Margin Call. Jeremy Irons vs Kevin Spacey. Fuggin great acting.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

About ready to watch American Hustle. Any good?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I thought the final battles were 'ok'. But when the absolutely climax of the movie is just 'ok' that doesn't bode well for the rest of the movie. I don't know. I'm probably guilty of building that movie up more than I thought because I love the song that came out of it, but it was just such a huge let down.
    I think it helped that I watched it during the peak of his lose yourself song. I can see why you'd find it less gripping today.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    About ready to watch American Hustle. Any good?
    Watched it last week. I enjoyed it.

In terms of actors, DDL is on the short list of best actors IMO. He was fantastic in There Will be Blood. Granted, I don't watch that many movies so I don't have real strong opinions.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Gangs of New York, and Last of the Mohicans. Epic.

Also, another great movie Margin Call. Jeremy Irons vs Kevin Spacey. Fuggin great acting.
    Wow, Gangs of New York I wasn't even using my head haha I've seen that too. I'll download Last of the Mohica's.

Totally agree on Margin Call too. Watched it a few months ago, very good movie!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Agreed, Wolf is a fantastic movie. But...Daniel Day-Lewis is a better actor. Lewis, Fiennes, and Oldman are probably my top three.
    Have you seen one of my all-time favorite movies, Strange Days? It's with Ralph Fiennes at his finest.
    GO WINGS!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Have you seen one of my all-time favorite movies, Strange Days? It's with Ralph Fiennes at his finest.
    Wow, no, and I am slightly embarrassed to admit that. But it's on my effin list now. Thanks

Seymour Hoffman is another in my top four now. God bless him.
    @SmittysRant

Administrator

So I watched the new Planet of the Apes flick the other day. If you enjoyed the last one, you'll enjoy this one. Otherwise, save your money. Really unfortunate too because I thought apes with assault rifles was a fool-proof premise.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Guardians of the Galaxy is a must-see if you like movies. Period. Watched it tonight and it was just fantastic. Such an entertaining movie!
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Boyhood is stunningly good. If you haven't heard of it, it's about a boy from grade 1 to grade 12. But it is actually shot with all the same main actors over 12 years so you literally see the boy growing up before your eyes. The methodology has never been done. But the film is an instant classic for reasons well beyond that.

With his previous classics Dazed and Confused and the Beyond Sunrise trilogy, I think Boyhood lifts director Richard Linklater among the greatest directors of his generation.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy is a must-see if you like movies. Period. Watched it tonight and it was just fantastic. Such an entertaining movie!
    I couldn't even finish the trailer. Looked absolutely atrocious. So sick and tired of superhero movies though, so that's just my issue. Won't be watching Superman vs Batman, Thor 9, The League of American Superhero Avengers, or whatever else they keep bringing out every summer. It's just a painful stream of the same movie with different tights over and over. I never even watched the last Batman movie.