Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: JT Miller projection

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: JT Miller projection

I'm bullish on him. 70+ points. Each and every time he steps on the ice it will be with either Horvat or Pettersson or both. Miller is going to get the most TOI/Game of his career. His numbers could explode!
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Ace

Not trying to invalidate the argument that he might have some issues with personality or work ethic but I'm also not a fan of Cooper and he think he could be part of the cause for Millers underperformance. I don't think Cooper is a good coach, I think he's just blessed with an embarrassment of riches. I used to work in the food industry and everyone in the biz knows you can cover up poor performances with amazing sales. A great franchise can make any manager look good.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by random-d View Post
    Not trying to invalidate the argument that he might have some issues with personality or work ethic but I'm also not a fan of Cooper and he think he could be part of the cause for Millers underperformance. I don't think Cooper is a good coach, I think he's just blessed with an embarrassment of riches. I used to work in the food industry and everyone in the biz knows you can cover up poor performances with amazing sales. A great franchise can make any manager look good.
    Well that's one take.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by random-d View Post
    I somehow doubt that Miller's "struggles" in Tampa had anything to do with Cooper and more to do with too much depth to consistently give Miller the minutes he would otherwise need to succeed.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I'm bullish on him. 70+ points. Each and every time he steps on the ice it will be with either Horvat or Pettersson or both. Miller is going to get the most TOI/Game of his career. His numbers could explode!
    I like optimistic outlooks and often post them myself on players... I just don't think i can get behind this high a pt total on a guy who hasn't hit 60 yet.
    if he hits 60 this year with Van - he's already worth the 1st rounder.

60-65 puts me at the high end of expectations for him this year.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think a big thing is the powerplay needs to improve and I think Miller adds to that. He's a pretty versatile player on the powerplay, able to be a net-front presence, can do work down low behind the net, and can also run the half boards as well. I think this powerplay has the opportunity to be pretty lethal.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I think a big thing is the powerplay needs to improve and I think Miller adds to that. He's a pretty versatile player on the powerplay, able to be a net-front presence, can do work down low behind the net, and can also run the half boards as well. I think this powerplay has the opportunity to be pretty lethal.
    the potential is certainly there...my biggest concern is whether Hughes is ready to man the point. They have to stop throwing Edler (and Stecher) out there.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Titan

Over the last three years, with fluctuating ice time and teammates, Miller has put up either 2.5, or 2.6 points per 60 minutes. That's remarkably consistent. The problem last season, was that he only played 14 minutes per game. If you expand that out to the 19 minutes (or more) that he will likely see with Vancouver next season, that's a floor of 65 points (if he sees the same 19 minutes EP and BB did last season), and a ceiling of 72 points (if he sees 21 minutes per game Horvat had last season).

I'm optimistic that his production will be over 60pts.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Over the last three years, with fluctuating ice time and teammates, Miller has put up either 2.5, or 2.6 points per 60 minutes. That's remarkably consistent. The problem last season, was that he only played 14 minutes per game. If you expand that out to the 19 minutes (or more) that he will likely see with Vancouver next season, that's a floor of 65 points (if he sees the same 19 minutes EP and BB did last season), and a ceiling of 72 points (if he sees 21 minutes per game Horvat had last season).

I'm optimistic that his production will be over 60pts.
    Full disclosure, I am a Canucks fan, but not a delusional fan-boy.

Yes. This is where my head is at on this player. Miller is a good player and he is about to be handed a huge bump in minutes and those minutes are going to to be prime scoring minutes. The Canucks didn't give up the trade package to acquire him just to sit him on the bench when it matters.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"