Thread: Fox for Kakko

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Fox for Kakko

Another GM asked for my Fox. I'm considering asking for his Kakko in return.

Looking for this season but MORESO FOR THE FUTURE.

I'm fairly deep in forwards and d, so basically I'm just looking to win a deal here

Relevant cats: G, A, sog, hits, ppp.

Is Kakko going to pop? (Is this a solid buy low that will pay off later?)

Thanks in advance.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Fox for Kakko

What does the rest of your roster look like?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Hey Axe, I appreciate the reply.

I'm in really good shape otherwise. I don't really want to share my line up since I think a lot of other rival GMs patrol this forum.

Basically, I'm wondering if I win a my Fox for his Kakko deal...

Again, mainly for the future.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Hey Axe, I appreciate the reply.

I'm in really good shape otherwise. I don't really want to share my line up since I think a lot of other rival GMs patrol this forum.

Basically, I'm wondering if I win a my Fox for his Kakko deal...

Again, mainly for the future.
    Without knowing wing your teams strengths and weaknesses, I'd keep Fox.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

I keep Fox. I'm not saying Kakko will not be a very very good player in 2-3 years, but Fox has a clearer path to be a more impactful player for the Rangers.
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Rookie

i would say stay with Fox. Kakko has a harder path to minutes than Fox. Now with DeAngelo on the outside looking in, Fox is better than Trouba (Fantasy Wise) and now with K'Andre getting a lot of love, i think DeAngelo has a hell of a climb to make and Fox is going to gain more minutes.
    Until i see Kakko start producing like Hughes is now, i am going to shy away from this trade.

Dobber Sports Veteran

FOX
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Ace

Fox
    14 team h/h dynasty
    Stats, G A PTS PIM +/- PPP SHP GWG shts TOI hts/blks W sv% gaa SO
    $89 mill salary cap, cap hits
    minors- players under 60 gms, goalies under 30 gms
    3c 3lw 3rw 4d 2util 1goal
    max 23 plyr rstr, 15 minors

CENTERS Kuznetsov, Necas, Petterson, Hughes, D.Strome, Seguin, Hayes, Scheifele
    LEFTWING Gaudreau, Mantha, Forsberg, Keller
    RIGHTWING Kakko , Debrincat, Thomas, Konecny
    D-MEN Girard, Provorov, McCavoy, Dobson, Makar
    GOALIES Gibson, Shesterkin, Sorokin
    IR
    MINORS Brannstrom, Kostin, Dennisenko, Kaprizov, Tippett, Cozens, Tolvanen, Zegras, Byfield , Vessalainen, K.Miller, Kyrou, Janik, Bokk, Lundell, Heinola, Hoglander, Lundkvist

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Without knowing wing your teams strengths and weaknesses, I'd keep Fox.
    Seconded

Dobber Sports Ace

KAKKO and its not even close. Fox is amazing. I think he will be a terrific player. But Kakko has the chance of being a dominant wing on a very high scoring club eventually. And while Fox has a fairly high offensive ceiling for a D, he is a) A Defensive player and they usually produce less in fantasy than comparative forwards. And B) On a team that is going to have 2-4 outstanding young D that will all deserve PP time. Without PP time, D's in fantasy usually take a big hit. And as good as Fox probably will be, he likely won't even be the best D on his team. Nils Lundqvist will probably be the top dog D for the Rangers in 3 years time or so. Then you still have prospects like Robertson, Reunanen and Miller that could demand some PP time. And you will have Schneider and Lindgren likely eating up minutes in general. And then Trouba is signed to a long term contract and for now, there is still DeAngelo who is only worth keeping for the Rangers if he gets a ton of PP time.

Now I certainly think DeAngelo will be gone to another team by then. And possibly, Trouba will be traded or something. But you are likely going to have 2-4 young D's fighting over PP time. And that hurts the fantasy appeal of likely ALL but the top D man and top PP QB, which I am almost certain will be Nils Lundqvist. As good as Fox looks, I think Nils Lundqvist is going to be as close to elite as possible, or possibly actually elite. I am talking like a stud. Chabot comes to mind. Maybe Weber or Burns even.... And he will get the lions share of the PP and the lions share of the D minutes. The rest of the D will be fighting over the rest of the minutes and PP.

AND..... Even if Kakko doesn't turn out as good as he should be, we are probably still talking about around a 65 point player. 65 point seasons for D men is usually about the ceiling. While 65 point seasons for Kakko will hopefully be the floor. Meaning he has the talent to potentially have some 80 or even 90+ point seasons if things work out.

MAYBE you can make an argument that Fox will get hits, pims or Blocks or something to add value. But even then i think Kakko will get some peripherals too, he should rack up SOG and likely some hits, maybe PIM. But in points just on a basic level, forwards will be more valuable. In this case, you are talking about a possible point per game player though. I don't think Fox has any hope of ever being a point per game player on a team where he got the lions share of min/PP. On a team where he has to contend with likely a BETTER D teammate, and multiple D's demanding PP time, and I would be shocked if Fox ever got more than 50-55 points in his best season. Once Nils shows up, MAYBE Nils could get like 70 point season in his prime, but even he likely won't get more than Kakko in their comparative best seasons. All though he is the Rangers only young D that I think will be capable of surpassing 55 points in an ideal season.

Just to summarize. Fox is no Quinn Hughes or Makar in terms of offensive potential. I'm not sure he's even Chabot. Fox likely won't ever get more than 50 points in a season and that will likely be his best season. I would be shocked if he ever reached 60 points in a season honestly. An average season for him might be 40-50 points once the Rangers have matured. And he likely won't even be the best D on his team and he likely won't QB PP1. Nils Lundqvist will likely QB PP1 and Fox will likely end up QBing PP2. And while Fox will get decent HIT and decent BLK, he probably won't dominate in either of those categories. And Fox will likely put up better numbers before Lundqvist arrives than after because he has less competition right now.

Kakko on the other hand, at minimum, will likely have a 60 point floor with potential to get 70, 80 or even 90 points any given season. He could be elite in SOG, and also add some hits and maybe some PIMS and BLKs and will likely have more PP points than the PP2 QB. And he will likely be one of the top 4 forwards on what will then be one of the top 3 offensive teams in the league. Along with Ziban, Panarin, hopefully Lafreniere and then Kakko.

So basically, would you trade Huberdeau or like Laine, or Guentzel or Forsberg or like either Tkachuk or even Kyle Connor for a D like Heiskanen, Werenski, Theodore or McAvoy? I wouldn't think anyone would make that kind of a deal. Yet essentially, that could be the equivalent in 3 years time of choosing Fox over Kakko right now. I would be shocked if the other team would even give you Kakko straight up for Fox. I would want Fox + a 1st round pick or another player/prospect if I were moving Kakko.

So yea...... Kakko by a million miles in fantasy. Nils Lundqvist would be the only Rangers D I would even consider moving a guy like Kakko for and it would still require something extra.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)