Thread: Jack Hughes + Koskinen for Makar + Gibson?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Jack Hughes + Koskinen for Makar + Gibson?

For league and team in sig...

I'd be giving Hughes which certainly hurts, but looking at my squad, I could use an upgrade at G and a good young D prospect probably better than yet another elite fwd...?

I'd also be giving my 1st rounder for his 2nd rounder to make up for the overall age gap (Koskinen is 5 years older than Gibson). It's a stacked draft, but mine should be a very low 1st rounder again, so I could live with that...

What's your take? Would you?
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jankowski(C)
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson, Armia
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Stanley, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Jack Hughes + Koskinen for Makar + Gibson?

Gibson is such a huge upgrade over Koskinen that this is a fairly easy decision. Plus, I would have a hard time choosing between Hughes and Makar. Both are doing to be amazing and I'm not sure you could convince me that one would be better than the other. Makar could be a legit constant 70 point defenceman, and Hughes should be a point per gamer.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'm not ready to come out and call Makar anything close to a 70pt Dman like forseberfan at this point but he will be a good one.

I think this trades washes out pretty well as long as Gibson stays healthy. No doubt he's going to be the better goalie between these two, but lets not forget that Anaheim is no juggernaut like they used to be either. Hughes will be a special player himself but in a different position. I think centers are easier to replace than high end Dmen.

I'd do it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I think that's the lowest return I've seen for Hughes. Hard pass for me.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Magnificent One

Yeah serious hard pas for me also. I get Gibson being better but his injury risk will bring it much much closer than you think.

Kos is going to get time to play as the starter and when EDM puts it together you will regret it.

You league also counts FW and no defense benefits keep Hughes before you regret it.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Giant

I think Koskinen sucks and Gibson is the truth, so this one is close for me. As Axe said, you get a massive upgrade switching goalies. Gibson should be a top-10 goalie talent for basically the next decade with legitimate Vezina upside if you subscribe to stats like Delta Sv% and Goals Saved Above Average.

Similarly, the dropoff in value from Hughes to Makar is nothing to sneeze at. While Makar looks to be the real thing, Hughes' upside is on another level. Axe made a point I think is important here, and that's the fact that high end centers are easier to replace than high end defense, so Makar gets a slight edge in that regard. I think the ultimate conclusion is that the gap in value between Makar and Hughes is probably closer than the difference between Koskinen and Gibson.

I'd also make this deal.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'd hope to get a better goalie return for Hughes. I wouldn't be moving him unless this is the BEST goalie you can get for him. So contact all the other managers so they are aware that he's available. I'd have to think you would get a better return for him that way.
    Yahoo League #1 - H2H Keep 21
    [F] Tkachuk, Barkov, A Svechnikov, Kaprizov, DeBrincat, Scheifele, RNH, Suzuki, Laine, Kakko, Cozens
    [D] Makar, Hughes, Nurse, Chabot, Byram
    [G] Hart, Shesterkin, Lehner, Helle

Yahoo League #2 - H2H Keep 22
    [F] MacKinnon, Guentzel, DeBrincat, EP40, Gaudreau, Barzal, Hughes, Laine, Garland, Norris, Batherson, Farabee
    [D] Hedman, MacAvoy, Nurse, Chabot, Pionk, Byram
    [G] Nedeljkovic, Smith, Gustavsson, Murray

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for your time guys! I've pulled the trigger. The deal suits my team's needs and while I'm aware of Gibson's injury risk, I like him for the fact that Ana plays the most off nights year after year. So he's a great option to optimize G starts. Time will tell if I regret it or not, but for now I like the deal for both sides.
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jankowski(C)
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson, Armia
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Stanley, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    Thanks for your time guys! I've pulled the trigger. The deal suits my team's needs and while I'm aware of Gibson's injury risk, I like him for the fact that Ana plays the most off nights year after year. So he's a great option to optimize G starts. Time will tell if I regret it or not, but for now I like the deal for both sides.
    I like this trade for you. Team needs were goaltending and defense and you addressed both. Your forward corp is strong enough to cover the potential of Jack Hughes. Plus centers are a dime a dozen in position based leagues.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty League
    Scoring Cats: G, A, PTS, +/-, TOI, SOG, HITS, BLKS, STP, W, L, SV, SO, GAA, SV%

Main Team:
    F: McDavid, Kucherov, Pastrnak, M.Tkachuk, Guentzel, Eichel, Pettersson, Scheifele, Ovechkin, Teravainen, S.Reinhart, Buchnevich, Trocheck, Bjorkstrand, Cirelli, Mangiapane
    D: Carlson, Burns, Trouba, Dahlin, Pulock, Heiskanen, Kylington
    G: Petersen, Vasilevskiy, Blackwood

Minor Team (No Restrictions):
    F: Zadina, Cozens, N.Robertson, Holtz, Benn, Norris, Gallagher, Mercer
    D: K.Miller, Byram, Brannstrom, Perunovich, Addison, Harley
    G: Oettinger, Wallstedt, Kahkonen