Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Evgeny Kuznetsov

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Evgeny Kuznetsov

Any news on his injury from last nights game? Didn't look good and didn't return.

The Great One

Default Re: Evgeny Kuznetsov

His reaction to the hit sure didn't look good, but I watched the replay numerous times and I can't quite figure out how he hurt his wrist or shoulder on the play. If he had injured his head from the elbow, I would understand him missing time for a possible concussion or something. However, I am (perhaps naively) hoping he just bruised his wrist or something and won't be out long term.

I guess we will find out soon enough.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Monster

On HF some of the posters are speculating that it's a separated shoulder but again that's purely speculation. For the Capitals sake I hope that is not true.

The Great One

yeah, it is all speculation at this point. After the hit, he doesn't seem to reach for his shoulder, but his wrist, which makes me doubt it is a shoulder injury.

I separated my shoulder once, so I know how much it hurts. He seems to shake his wrist after the hit and then hold it in his other hand. Could be a broken wrist. That wouldn't be good news. Again, I'm just hoping it is a strained or bruised wrist.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Jedi

i don't expect to see him pay again this series based on how he left that game
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

What a shame! He was such a no-show in 2017 playoffs as a fan and fantasy owner I was very happy to see him having such success this playoffs.

Part of me wants to throw out a trolling comment like 'if he was Canadian he would have played the 3rd, broken wrist or not!' but... well... I guess I just did.

Dobber Sports Ace

On this ice for practice this morning, per Bobby Mac. Honestly it looked like a broken wrist. Wrap it up real thick, shoot it full of cortozone, and just hope nobody can remember which wrist to slash you in. If he plays tonight, I'll view him a little differently as a player. Never really looked at him as the warrior, team before self type of player; but if he plays with a broken wrist I'll definitely change my tune.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    On this ice for practice this morning, per Bobby Mac. Honestly it looked like a broken wrist. Wrap it up real thick, shoot it full of cortozone, and just hope nobody can remember which wrist to slash you in. If he plays tonight, I'll view him a little differently as a player. Never really looked at him as the warrior, team before self type of player; but if he plays with a broken wrist I'll definitely change my tune.
    Knights will be looking pass all night from him - and he'll pot two
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Kuznetsov has been a warrior his entire NHL career. He has only missed 5 games in his entire career so far, so he has often played through pain and injuries. Kuzy gets a lot of disrespect, probably because he is Russian and a flashy player who doesn't bang in the corners or in the front of the net, but I think he has learned a lot from watching Ovechkin play. Kuznetsov isn't a wreaking ball like OV, but he is a tough player nonetheless and doesn't miss time due to pain and injuries, just like OV.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

If he plays tonight that will be impressive and I would pick Washington to win probably 100-0... even with a broken wrist I think he can score 100 goals tonight He will be the only guy playing tonight. haha

But yes, I totally agree with you... if he plays game 3 my respect goes up for him big time. I have a lot of respect for his talent, and then he would gain all the respect for the heart and team play.

I wonder if this is a Joe Thornton type of distraction where they have him practice and take warmups but never play.... oh the mind games.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Kuznetsov has been a warrior his entire NHL career. He has only missed 5 games in his entire career so far, so he has often played through pain and injuries. Kuzy gets a lot of disrespect, probably because he is Russian and a flashy player who doesn't bang in the corners or in the front of the net, but I think he has learned a lot from watching Ovechkin play. Kuznetsov isn't a wreaking ball like OV, but he is a tough player nonetheless and doesn't miss time due to pain and injuries, just like OV.
    Sorry, for context, I don't watch a ton of Caps games. My knock against Kuz comes from the fact that I don't watch their games, and he doesn't come with a reputation for his grit. So I'm likely seeing him with bias because the media generally portray Russians in a less positive light. Thanks for showing me my mistake though!
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

The Great One

Sorry, for context, I don't watch a ton of Caps games. My knock against Kuz comes from the fact that I don't watch their games, and he doesn't come with a reputation for his grit. So I'm likely seeing him with bias because the media generally portray Russians in a less positive light. Thanks for showing me my mistake though!
    No need to apologize. Kuznetsov, like many Russians, are sometimes unfairly portrayed for being soft, etc. Some are, like the ex-Capital Semin who definitely couldn't hack the physicality of the playoffs and would disappear. Kuznetsov is a completely different player, and closer to Ovechkin than Semin when it comes to his "heart and soul". Kuznetsov always plays hard and perhaps people are only noticing it this year, but he doesn't shrink away when the games get tougher.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    No need to apologize. Kuznetsov, like many Russians, are sometimes unfairly portrayed for being soft, etc. Some are, like the ex-Capital Semin who definitely couldn't hack the physicality of the playoffs and would disappear. Kuznetsov is a completely different player, and closer to Ovechkin than Semin when it comes to his "heart and soul". Kuznetsov always plays hard and perhaps people are only noticing it this year, but he doesn't shrink away when the games get tougher.
    Yeah, I think the fact that he went back to play in the KHL as long as he did is a huge knock against him in the North American media. I mean, I could see it more if he was like Semin and had no work ethic, or bolted back to the KHL regardless of his contract to an NHL team like Kovalchuk. Just adds to the benefits of coming here to talk hockey though, lets me weed out the biased opinion and just focus on what matters: winning my pool! Hah.

The Great One

Yeah, I think the fact that he went back to play in the KHL as long as he did is a huge knock against him in the North American media. I mean, I could see it more if he was like Semin and had no work ethic, or bolted back to the KHL regardless of his contract to an NHL team like Kovalchuk. Just adds to the benefits of coming here to talk hockey though, lets me weed out the biased opinion and just focus on what matters: winning my pool! Hah.
    Just to clarify the part in bold, Kuznetsov never went "back" to the KHL. He simply played in the KHL a little longer than some people thought he should have. In all, he played 5 years in the KHL and I think some thought he should have arrived in America after three years. However, looking at the way he transitioned to the NHL, I think he knew what was best for his development and did what he had to do to succeed.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Sage

Double post
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov