Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Josh Ho Sang

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Josh Ho Sang

Does anyone think that Ho-Sang will be a solid contributor for the Islanders next season?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Josh Ho Sang

50-50. Talent is there... questions on his 200ft game and commitment to it.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm leaning 70/30. His on and off ice issues have been pretty well documented. When he was leaned on to produce he did a pretty good job. I'm hoping his frictions where with the old regime and he's able to seize his chance with a new one. I think he does. At least 70% of me does.
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

Dobber Sports Padawan

Pretty good numbers for the amount he played in the NHL. I am not sure as to why people say his attitude is going to ruin his chances, as you got guys like Evander Kane doing very well and he isn't exactly a role model. Snow sucked at his job and although Ho Sang maybe spoke out more than he should have, I think he wasn't treated very fairly and IF he does make the team this season, he's the type to want to prove people wrong. I'm betting on 45-50 points this year if he makes the team.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    Pretty good numbers for the amount he played in the NHL. I am not sure as to why people say his attitude is going to ruin his chances, as you got guys like Evander Kane doing very well and he isn't exactly a role model. Snow sucked at his job and although Ho Sang maybe spoke out more than he should have, I think he wasn't treated very fairly and IF he does make the team this season, he's the type to want to prove people wrong. I'm betting on 45-50 points this year if he makes the team.
    I didn't I said it was his 200ft game.. which was sited as a reason for sending him down last season

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Elpidio1975 View Post
    Does anyone think that Ho-Sang will be a solid contributor for the Islanders next season?
    Yes

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I didn't I said it was his 200ft game.. which was sited as a reason for sending him down last season
    Not you. I was just speaking generally. I agree with you about his 200 ft game. I know his defensive game isn't where it should be but that's something that can be worked on.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Administrator

Did anyone on the Islanders lead by example when it comes to 200-foot game? They were awful defensively and even their players with good two-way reputations didn't do well in their own end.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Did anyone on the Islanders lead by example when it comes to 200-foot game? They were awful defensively and even their players with good two-way reputations didn't do well in their own end.
    Exactly. That's one thing I agreed with Ho Sang on. Can't tell a guy he's being sent down because his defensive game was struggling, yet continue to play guys that were worse. I'm really hoping he does well because he's got so much talent and is exciting to watch. Plus, I need good players on my team haha!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    Exactly. That's one thing I agreed with Ho Sang on. Can't tell a guy he's being sent down because his defensive game was struggling, yet continue to play guys that were worse. I'm really hoping he does well because he's got so much talent and is exciting to watch. Plus, I need good players on my team haha!
    On the flip side at least he was kept away from the circus by playing in the AHL. He's just such an easy target so they give him tough love. It's not like every player in the league except him is great defensively.

Dobber Sports Jedi

How many were waiver exempt?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    How many were waiver exempt?
    Many of them would not get claimed. Your point?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Many of them would not get claimed. Your point?
    this is why they sent him down last year - waiver exempt player that could work on his 200ft game in the AHL

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Bstbullies View Post
    I'm leaning 70/30. His on and off ice issues have been pretty well documented. When he was leaned on to produce he did a pretty good job. I'm hoping his frictions where with the old regime and he's able to seize his chance with a new one. I think he does. At least 70% of me does.
    I agree with this- 70 goals, 30 assists is a tad high but certainly in the right ballpark..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    I agree with this- 70 goals, 30 assists is a tad high but certainly in the right ballpark..
    I was saying 70/30 as odds of JHS being a solid contributor next year. Something tells me you know this though. As for stat predictions I think 40 is a good floor. I'd take the over on 40 if he does stick and plays 70+ games.
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey