Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Zuccarello/Buchnevich

Threw this offer to an owner

Zuccarello
    4th overall rookie draft pick

for

Buchnevich or Reinhart
    7th overall rookie draft pick

I get a younger winger and move down and grab a similar player if they are still there in Boqvist, Bouchard, or Hughes.

This a good move for me?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Zuccarello/Buchnevich

He offered Bjorkstrand back instead

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would rank them:
    Buchnevich
    Bjorkstrand
    Reinhart

And yes, I'd do the deal.
    8 team keeper league, scoring cats F/D: G, A, PPG, PPP, SHG, SHP, GWG, HT, SOG, Hit, Blk, FW/FL. G: GS, W, GA, SV, SHO

Pittsburgh Top Cats
    F: Malkin, Crosby, Eichel, McDavid, MacKinnon, Rantanen, Robertson, A. Svechnikov, Zibanejad, Kaprizov, Fiala, Keller, Thompson, Bedard, Cozens, Cooley
    D: Letang, Dobson, Hamilton, Makar, D. Toews, Sanderson, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Andersen, Kuemper

Farm:
    F: ​Quinn, Nazar, Firkus, Fantilli, Benson, Donato, Dumais, Guenther, Lardis, Nichushkin, J. Perron, C. Ritchie, Yager, Ziemmer, But
    D: L. Hughes, Addison, Jiricek, Mateychuk, Nikishin, S. Morrow, Nelson, Brzustewicz
    G: Raanta, Hofer, Korpisalo

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I like Bjorkstrand more than Reinhart, so I'd do that as well.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Bjorkstrand
    6th Overall

For

Zuccarello
    4th overall

Deal is good as long as Dahlin Svechnivkov or Zadina is not available.

Done deal. Thanks guys

Dobber Sports Wizard

im not sold on that, zuc will be close to production with the other 3 young guys for next 3-4 years still and in points only i want top 4 pick...Wahlstrome would be my pick there..after that it drops off quite a bit for points only imo
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    im not sold on that, zuc will be close to production with the other 3 young guys for next 3-4 years still and in points only i want top 4 pick...Wahlstrome would be my pick there..after that it drops off quite a bit for points only imo
    This is sort of how I feel as well. Zuccarello for Bjorkstrand is fine, I could see a case for either side. But if someone wants to trade up, they need to give me something in return. I don't see it here.

Dobber Sports Initiate

May still get Wahlstrom

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Tfan5211 View Post
    May still get Wahlstrom
    But why take that risk if Wahlstrom is the guy you want? You could have just kept the pick and taken him. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    But why take that risk if Wahlstrom is the guy you want? You could have just kept the pick and taken him. Just doesn't make sense to me.
    Not overly worried about getting anyone. Prospect wise I am in relatively good shape. Was more or less looking for a younger upgrade over Zuccarello. Bjorkstrand isn't ideal. I would of rather had Buchnevich.

I may of been more reluctant to make the deal after seeing your comment. But seeing the first two comments made me pull the trigger a little quick.

I may move the pick itself and not have a pick at all.

Sami Niku and Mason Appleton are both available in prospect free agency and look very appealing. I just need to make room for them. Possibly bring up Pettersson but too early to tell with him. Or may move out a Gaudette with the pick. Hobey Baker winner may entice someone a little bit more. Thinking he is more of a very good 3rd line C in Vancouver.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Tfan5211 View Post
    Not overly worried about getting anyone. Prospect wise I am in relatively good shape. Was more or less looking for a younger upgrade over Zuccarello. Bjorkstrand isn't ideal. I would of rather had Buchnevich.

I may of been more reluctant to make the deal after seeing your comment. But seeing the first two comments made me pull the trigger a little quick.

I may move the pick itself and not have a pick at all.

Sami Niku and Mason Appleton are both available in prospect free agency and look very appealing. I just need to make room for them. Possibly bring up Pettersson but too early to tell with him. Or may move out a Gaudette with the pick. Hobey Baker winner may entice someone a little bit more. Thinking he is more of a very good 3rd line C in Vancouver.
    If you can make a 2-for-1 deal and open up a spot for a guy like Niku or Appleton, then nothing wrong with that. But I wouldn't go out of my way trying to create room for them in a shallow league like yours.

I just think you could have landed a much better price closer to the draft. You had no real reason to trade down at this point when all you got was a swap of players you probably could have received anyways without the picks involved.

You got younger but I'm not sure I'd call that an 'upgrade' from Zuccarello to Bjorkstrand. It's a fine gamble on youth but Zuccarello could end up being the better player for 2-3 years.