Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trouba vs Pulock

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Trouba vs Pulock

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Sell Ho-Suck....

Also, Pulock isn't quarterbacking the PP.. He is the shot option on the PP, but the PP is Leddy's to run. It will limit Pulock until he can become a more dynamic skater, walking the blueline and dipping deep in and out of the offensive zone.. I just don't think he is that kind of defenceman, so I don't know if he will get the points that come with that kind of involvement. Trouba is a better skater and has a pile of raw tools, but maybe not the offensive nose for the net that does Pulock. It's not that easy a play, but Trouba is the safer option and has shown he can be productive. Pulock is a wild card at the moment. The signs show good, slow development, but for next year, I would probably pick Trouba. It's really close, though. Would love to see how other teams will adapt to the obvious tee-up scheme that they have going for Pulock.
    Both are ij prone.
    I agree with this. But should find way to keep both and drop a goalie or something else as fwrds are easier to replace.
    Now isn't trouba an RFA? even if they win the cup doesn't he want out of the peg with all his hold-outs and $$.
    can't you wait to see what happens in the offseason?

Dobber Sports Icon

..can certainly wait yes...no need to be hasty til september
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

A couple of things.

Yes, Pulock is currently being held back a bit by Leddy, but it is not like Trouba is the #1 d-option offensively on his team either.

Pulock has HUGE potential, and showed some of it in the back half this season. Especially in fantasy with that shot volume and upside, the sky is the limit.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by stimperi View Post
    A couple of things.

Yes, Pulock is currently being held back a bit by Leddy, but it is not like Trouba is the #1 d-option offensively on his team either.

Pulock has HUGE potential, and showed some of it in the back half this season. Especially in fantasy with that shot volume and upside, the sky is the limit.
    His 5 point game was impressive as well.

Dobber Sports Stud

Unless Trouba gets traded, I prefer Pulock's situation with the Islanders.
    Both have an interesting upside.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm not in love with either of them yet I don't want to drop either of them.

Gun to my head Id keep Trouba right now as I think he has a better shot at either being traded or taking over PP1 next season (better shot, even if it's slim).
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Deity

Finny, reading your replies to the posts in this thread, it seems like you were wanting people to say Pulock and not Trouba for some reason.

Obviously we haven't seen Pulock's full potential but I am not sure we've seen Trouba's either. I dont think either guy is a slam dunk to reach their potential giving their current situation. It will be interesting to see what Winnipeg does with Trouba, who's in the last year of his bridge contract.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I own both and I will keep Pulock over Trouba this summer. Not an easy decision tho.
    8 team keeper league, scoring cats F/D: G, A, PPG, PPP, SHG, SHP, GWG, HT, SOG, Hit, Blk, FW/FL. G: GS, W, GA, SV, SHO

Pittsburgh Top Cats
    F: Malkin, Crosby, Eichel, McDavid, MacKinnon, Rantanen, Robertson, A. Svechnikov, Zibanejad, Kaprizov, Fiala, Keller, Thompson, Bedard, Cozens, Cooley
    D: Letang, Dobson, Hamilton, Makar, D. Toews, Sanderson, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Andersen, Kuemper

Farm:
    F: ​Quinn, Nazar, Firkus, Fantilli, Benson, Donato, Dumais, Guenther, Lardis, Nichushkin, J. Perron, C. Ritchie, Yager, Ziemmer, But
    D: L. Hughes, Addison, Jiricek, Mateychuk, Nikishin, S. Morrow, Nelson, Brzustewicz
    G: Raanta, Hofer, Korpisalo

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Finny, reading your replies to the posts in this thread, it seems like you were wanting people to say Pulock and not Trouba for some reason.

Obviously we haven't seen Pulock's full potential but I am not sure we've seen Trouba's either. I dont think either guy is a slam dunk to reach their potential giving their current situation. It will be interesting to see what Winnipeg does with Trouba, who's in the last year of his bridge contract.
    no, not really, at least that wasnt my intent. i actually like where this ones headed with teh differing opinions. it at teh very least confirms my own indecision is somewhat warranted.

now had this been a landslide one way or the other it certainly would have made my decision easier, but like i said the more this goes on it helps me get a better feel about Pulock as i didnt have that much info on him other than hes got some potential. on the flipside, i think we know what Trouba is (at least on this WPG team).
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)