Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who's The Casualty

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Who's The Casualty

Team 2 in Sig; coming off an undefeated season it's time to look towards the youth I think on my blue line. Josi, Risto, and Heds have been my keeper trio for several seasons now but with the emergence of Chabot, I am thinking of moving Roman Josi solely because he is the oldest. It is much harder now to cut ties with the dealing of Subban to NJ, so I want to hear others thoughts on if this is the right move. This is weighted scoring that makes the multi-cat types much more valuable.

On the other hand there is Risto, who I love but is he about to be see diminished production after the Sabres loaded up for a playoff run this year? One also has to figure Dahlin will run the point on the top PP soon so I could see him taking a hit as far as value. Idk, this is a tough decision, Josi is nowhere near done being a force but Risto is what, seven years younger? Josi can certainly fetch me a first round pick from an owner, all a matter of dealing to the owner who keeps the least players to make it as high a round as possible. Not sure Risto would fetch that return.

If I dealt Josi for a pick the keepers would be:

Backstrom, Draisaitl, Boeser, Hedman, Risto, Chabot, Murray, Jones
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Who's The Casualty

I'd rather deal 45pt Risto and keep 60pt Josi.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Star

Offhand question, if youth is the prime motivator here, why isn't Backstrom on the chopping block instead of Josi?

And admittedly, Ristolainen is 4 years younger than Josi, but I get the sense that Ristolainen's case for fantasy is less stable than Josi. Ristolainen being used heavily and given plum assignments by the Sabres, both of which seem less likely now than in the past. And with Ristolainen's name coming up in trade rumors and his evident deficiency at playing defense, it seems that to keep Ristolainen is a gamble on his next stop being one where he'd be given PP1 time freely despite the holes in his game. Don't know how many teams have that opening and willingness. Josi does only have one more year on his Nashville contract, but he seems safer. And if you're coming off an undefeated season, thinking short-term seems a better way to go. Unless Hits is a category, which throws all of the above into the blender.

So based on the information at hand, I'd cut Backstrom or trade Josi or Ristolainen for a forward, if you could. If it came down to just Josi or Ristolainen, I'd cut Ristolainen.

Dobber Sports Superstar

hits and blocks count towards point accrual indeed. Backstrom I keep because of faceoffs, I know what I am getting year in and year out, value the consistency, and do not foresee a drop off because of his style of play along with that brain. Def short term as you said is the way to go but when a player like Chabot comes around I have to make room ya know.
    Girouxsalem

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

Tro,Schmaltz

Dobber Sports Titan

I would cut/trade Risto as well. Slight bias, but Josi is the much better producer, and like Backstrom, shouldn't see an immediate age-related drop off. Josi also has his competition leaving (Subban), while Risto has Dahlin growing, in addition to Pilut, Montour, and Miller all new(ish) and competing for time.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Ristolainen sucks. Sell high

Dobber Sports Genius

Chabot over Josi? That is going potential over proven!
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I would cut/trade Risto as well. Slight bias, but Josi is the much better producer, and like Backstrom, shouldn't see an immediate age-related drop off. Josi also has his competition leaving (Subban), while Risto has Dahlin growing, in addition to Pilut, Montour, and Miller all new(ish) and competing for time.
    i would agree and feel Risto has been somewhat overvalued anyway
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Chabot over Josi? That is going potential over proven!
    without going into stat breakdown, Chabot gave me 760.4 fan pts last season and Josi provided 876.70. Josi at the peak of abilities and Chabot just starting the ascent, he is a special player IMO. Risto gave me 1019.60 so as I stated in OP, this scoring system is about multi-cat and because Risto the only one of them with a chance at 150 plus hit, block, and, shot, it's not so easy just to expend him.
    Girouxsalem

ThePeterNorthStars

Tro,Schmaltz

Dobber Sports Deity

Personally, I'd consider keeping someone like Zibanejad over one of your three D. He must have had a great year last year in your setup, and with Kakko/Panarin, coming in, will only get better. I would not keep 3D in a limited keeper like this.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    without going into stat breakdown, Chabot gave me 760.4 fan pts last season and Josi provided 876.70. Josi at the peak of abilities and Chabot just starting the ascent, he is a special player IMO. Risto gave me 1019.60 so as I stated in OP, this scoring system is about multi-cat and because Risto the only one of them with a chance at 150 plus hit, block, and, shot, it's not so easy just to expend him.
    Good Convo! I don't disagree with you about Chabot being special. But in your league (keep 96) there are going to be lots of "special" players left unprotected. Just your team alone sees you not keeping two multi-cat studs in Zibanejad and Trochek, 40-goal scorer Skinner, and Roman Josi. That is where my head is at.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Superstar

Mika is certainly someone to contemplate with his 1379.9 fan pts last year. It is tough, I have lots of time to decide still but just want to put the feelers out. Mika I am scared will lose the trigger spot on PP1 to Panarin this year and because the Rangers are paying him over 11 mil a year he better pump a lot of PP goals in. Many more mouths to feed this season in comparison to last where Mika was absolutely the focal point is what I am thinking. Yes I really believe in Chabot Moses, any time I watched him play he has the out of your seat factor.
    Girouxsalem

ThePeterNorthStars

Tro,Schmaltz

The Great One

I'd put all of your D on the trading block to see what kind of offers you get. If Josi gets you a first round pick and Risto gets you a fifth round pick (or vice verse), it makes your decision easier. If you get the same offer, the last factor I'd consider is age. All these guys are plenty young enough. Unlike others, I think Risto is gold in fantasy. And I'm curious to see if he gets dealt, given the sabres have like 9 guys on D....

Dobber Sports Superstar

traded Risto to another owner for his second round pick, he is only keeping five players so a Round 7 selection.
    Girouxsalem

ThePeterNorthStars

Tro,Schmaltz

Dobber Sports Ace

I know the post is too late, but isn't Boeser a detriment to your league scoring system? I have similar scoring in my league and LOVE guys like Kessel, P. Kane, Johnny Hockey, Keller, Boeser, Panarin because GMs continue to go for the HOLLYWOOD and Romance... and forget that E. Kane beats P. Kane in these leagues... and Zibby, Trocheck, Trouba, Wilson and even Risto are solid gold!

That said... I think moving Risto (especially for what you got) was excellent because as mentioned, he has to have a minimized future - at least in Buffalo with all the moves made and Dahlin about to take off. And Josi is only 31.. for a smooth Dman, no worries until he's 35 or so. And now Subban gone. Josi will help you more this year than last!
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)