Thread: Rookie draft... 3 first picks...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Rookie draft... 3 first picks...

Im the lucky owner of the first 3 draft picks in our rookie draft. An awesome chance to get amazing players for the future. My first two choices are likely to be Dahlin and Svechnikov. The 3rd choice represent the dilemma I have... Should I take Zadina considering he will be chosen by the Canadiens? They are not known for the best rookie development, Im a montrealer by the way but I dont think he will develop as much as he could elsewhere... The fact that some really good prospect are still available, players like Borgstrom, Steel, Liljgren, Demko, Samsonov, Sprong, Kaprizov. Should I consider one of them instead of Zadina or Im I just missing something here? Thanks!
    10 teams
    20 man roster - Keep 10 - 86,5$ Salary Cap
    Points only league - G(1) - A(1) - Goalie W(2) - SO (1)

Roster:

F- Matthews, Stamkos, Zibanejad, Kane, J.Hughes, Roslovic, Huberdeau, Cirelli, Kaprizov, Olofsson, Drouin, Puljujarvi

D- Carlson, Lehtonen, Makar, Boqvist, Byram, K.Miller

G- Shesterkin, Hellebuyck

Minors:

F- Newhook, Raymond, Podkolzin, Dach, Hoglander
    D- Romanov
    G- Sorokin, Kahkonen, Oettinger

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Rookie draft... 3 first picks...

You control the draft to a crazy extent. See hwere the players lands, and be willing to move the #3 pick & one of you lesser prospects for a lower 1st this year, and a future first, or something like that. Your issue will be that you won't have room in the minors for all these guys, if they don't make the NHL, assuming your minors are full.

Hagues & Oettinger are looking awfully vulnerable right now.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I'd consider Demko, at pick number three, if goalies hold any weight in your league!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Wizard

There's a good chance Montreal doesn't pick Zadina. I would take my chances with him and hope he doesn't go to Montreal (although not sure how much better Ottawa will be).

Dobber Sports Stud

The more I think about the draft, the more I feel the habs are not taking zadina. Either kotkaniemi or a defenseman, provably Hughes. So zadina provably goes to Ottawa, but ad JP mentioned, they serm like even more of a mess.thwn montreal. But they do have a really prospect cupboard, and he'd fit in very well if they sort out all their off ice issues.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Borgstrom?

Steel?
    10 teams

Roster:

F- Matthews, Stamkos, Zibanejad, Kane, J.Hughes, Roslovic, Huberdeau, Cirelli, Kaprizov, Olofsson, Drouin, Puljujarvi

Minors:

D- Romanov

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'd take Kaprizov at 3. He's worth the two year wait. If it weren't for his 2yrs remaining on the KHL contract Dobber would in all likelihood have him listed as the #1 prospect. I can see him entering the league and putting up a Panarin/Kuznetsov level first season 70+pts.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I'd take Kaprizov at 3. He's worth the two year wait. If it weren't for his 2yrs remaining on the KHL contract Dobber would in all likelihood have him listed as the #1 prospect. I can see him entering the league and putting up a Panarin/Kuznetsov level first season 70+pts.
    That is precisely why I am hanging onto Kaprizov. Lucky for me, I am not competing for a while so I can have guys like him on my main squad even if they're not getting me points for a couple of years. As for who should be taken at 3, I'd personally look to trade that pick. It's still quite valuable, even if Dahlin and Svechnikov are off the board, there are still some players that others value quite high and may be willing to offer you something nice. Eichelnator mentioned Borgstrom or Steele also. If they are available, definitely give them some serious thought at number 3.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I traded the 4th pick for 2 second last week, the other GM is high on either Steel or Borgstrom, which one as the greatest chance to be a stud? I have to chose wisely because the other guy is the only one in the whole pool who will draft players of interest for me. Kaprisov will be my 4th pick in the 1st round (7th overall) since there is no other GM’s interested in him...
    10 teams

Roster:

Minors:

D- Romanov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Eichelanator View Post
    I traded the 4th pick for 2 second last week, the other GM is high on either Steel or Borgstrom, which one as the greatest chance to be a stud? I have to chose wisely because the other guy is the only one in the whole pool who will draft players of interest for me. Kaprisov will be my 4th pick in the 1st round (7th overall) since there is no other GM’s interested in him...
    Definitely Borgstrom.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hes the one I had next on my list too!!! Nice!
    10 teams

Roster:

Minors:

D- Romanov