Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 11th Overall

The Great One

Default 11th Overall

In terms of this years entry draft- what names do you think we're targetting here? Im really at aloss after the top 8 or so this year. Im just reading a lot about Denisenko and liking it. Is this too much of a reach at 11? Thoughts anyone??

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: 11th Overall

11th overall is hard to gauge. Your league and how they value certain players will come into play. This isn't like asking who to draft at 5th overall. All I can say is I hope your league values D because at 11th overall, good chance you are getting one of the high end Dmen unless you plan on reaching for a mid to later actual 1st round forward.

This is the type of question you need to pose after the first 7-8 picks have already gone by.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Pronman has Denisenko 13th; he also has 11th to 21st as a tier. Based on that, I wouldn't say Denisenko is a stretch at 11.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Kotkaniemi, Ty Smith, Dobson, Veleno, Farabee, Hayton are all options at #11

I'd go

Kotaniemi,
    Dobson
    Farabee
    Hayton
    Veleno
    Smith

In that order. Not sure I'd take Denisenko but I don't draft prospects until Sept, so that could change in 4mths
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Ya I've got Dobson, Kotkaniemi, Farabee, Veleno all circled in with my 11th overall pick (listed in no particular order nor will I advise who to take in fear of my league counterparts seeing this post) .

There are a few other home run picks but I think these guys are all safe picks in the 9-14 range.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Veteran

Unless your league awards extra points for defense I have a hard time believeing Kotkaniemi will still be available outside the Top 10. Grab him if he's there though.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Kotkaniemi, Ty Smith, Dobson, Veleno, Farabee, Hayton are all options at #11

I'd go

Kotaniemi,
    Dobson
    Farabee
    Hayton
    Veleno
    Smith

In that order. Not sure I'd take Denisenko but I don't draft prospects until Sept, so that could change in 4mths
    Reasonable list, although given his recent hype and rise in the various rankings I think Kotaniemi will go inside the top 10 in most leagues.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    Reasonable list, although given his recent hype and rise in the various rankings I think Kotaniemi will go inside the top 10 in most leagues.
    he's still outside the top 10 on some mock draft boards... but he's also #1 of my listed options - hence: if there grab him
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    11th overall is hard to gauge. Your league and how they value certain players will come into play. This isn't like asking who to draft at 5th overall. All I can say is I hope your league values D because at 11th overall, good chance you are getting one of the high end Dmen unless you plan on reaching for a mid to later actual 1st round forward.

This is the type of question you need to pose after the first 7-8 picks have already gone by.
    I know my post was vague af - my bad- but to clarify there is a HUGE impetus on D--men in this league. To the point that Burns/Karlsson outrank Crosby/McDavid. Also a big focus on shooters. High point getters that dont shoot are deceptively bad and probably why I ended up with Thornton, Backstrom and The Passy Sedin :P

I hadnt been too high on Jasperi Kotaniemi prior to this (had assumed he was just a strong-ish center in a draft weak at that position)- but this thread making me re-evaluate. Anyone have any insight into my guy- Denisnko? I know I shoukld be gunshy of enigmatic skill players out of Russia after years of Filatov and Grigorenko taken high- but maybe the third times a charm??

Dobber Sports Padawan

Forwards drafted by 11: Svechnikov Zadina Wahlstrom Tkachuk Kotkoniemi
    Defence drafted by 11: Dahlin Hughes Bovquist Dobson

I like Farabee and Kravstov next. I’m not a huge fan of taking blue liners after the four listed, some take forever in development. I’ve muddled over this area a lot I have picks 9/13 in my 16 team.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Isn't Bouchard the most NHL ready D man after Dahlin? Not saying he's the best defenseman available but he probably will need the least amount of seasoning
    20 Team Dynasty H2H League: Devils (Rebuild Mode)
    5th Year
    G=1.5, A=1, PPP=.25, SHP=.25, BLK=.1, HIT=.1, SOG=1, FOW=+.1, FOL=-.1, GA=-1, SV=+.1, SHO=4, W=3

C : Hischier, Horvat,
    W : Marner, P. Kane, Fiala
    D : Provorov, Bouchard
    G : Campbell, Francouz

Minors:
    C : Tomasino, Rossi, Khustnutdinov, Amirov, Stankoven,
    W : N. Robertson, Maccelli,
    D : Addison, Farrance, Morrow, Heinola, Rathbone
    G : Annunen, Thompson

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by tcat View Post
    Isn't Bouchard the most NHL ready D man after Dahlin? Not saying he's the best defenseman available but he probably will need the least amount of seasoning
    Him or Hughes.

My top 11, based on D bonus. Feel free to adjust accordingly:

1. Dahlin, Rasmus
    2. Svechnikov, Andrei
    3. Zadina, Filip
    4. Wahlstrom, Oliver
    5. Hughes, Quinton
    6. Tkachuk, Brady
    7. Boqvist, Adam
    8. Bouchard, Evan
    9. Dobson, Noah
    10. Farabee, Joel
    11. Kotkaniemi, Jesperi

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tcat View Post
    I remember a couple years ago when people were saying the same thing about Charlie McAvoy in his draft year a couple years ago. He managed to stick around until 14th overall two drafts ago. Now look at where he is.

I am not saying Bouchard is the next Charlie McAvoy, but I am not going to say he isn't either. If he truly is one of the most NHL ready Dmen in this years draft, teams better be paying attention to that.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I remember a couple years ago when people were saying the same thing about Charlie McAvoy in his draft year a couple years ago. He managed to stick around until 14th overall two drafts ago. Now look at where he is.

I am not saying Bouchard is the next Charlie McAvoy, but I am not going to say he isn't either. If he truly is one of the most NHL ready Dmen in this years draft, teams better be paying attention to that.
    Well, that's definitely oversimplifying the situation. You can add Cal Foote, Juuso Valimaki and Jacob Chychrun to that list as well. All close to being NHL ready and fell to the same range where McAvoy did. Just because McAvoy turned out great doesn't mean everyone becomes as good as him. I'm not saying any of these players are bad but the McAvoy comparison is ways off if you look at their skills.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Well, that's definitely oversimplifying the situation. You can add Cal Foote, Juuso Valimaki and Jacob Chychrun to that list as well. All close to being NHL ready and fell to the same range where McAvoy did. Just because McAvoy turned out great doesn't mean everyone becomes as good as him. I'm not saying any of these players are bad but the McAvoy comparison is ways off if you look at their skills.
    Again, I didn't say he was going to be the next McAvoy, but when you hear someone is close to being NHL ready, teams should pay attention. I dont recall hearing the names you mentioned as being talked about for being NHL ready heading into their draft years and I didn't say McAvoy fell in his draft year. Not many had McAvoy ranked much higher then when he was drafted; some had him ranked lower if I remember correctly.

Taking a quick look, McKenzie's final ranking had McAvoy at 14 and Buttons final "List" had him at 15. Pretty much on par with where he went in the draft.

While others had higher "upside", McAvoy was noted as being NHL ready at draft time. One year in college in he was in the NHL that same year. One year later, he was in the discussion for the Calder. I guess they were right.