Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 49 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: New York Islanders

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    they hired a new assistant coach that apparently specializes in powerplay so the deployment will be a work in progress https://www.nhl.com/islanders/news/h...ch/c-307914894

fwiw though , toews pretty much took over from leddy on pp1 (quarterback) as he was quicker with his decision making . leddy is smoother than toews with the zone entry from neutral zone to offensive zone but he's out of ideas once he arrives
    Toews was the guy they turned to for the PP1 minutes in the playoffs, and I feel like that says a lot about where they value guys as an organization / coaching staff.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Master

If I were the isles I’d use Toews and Pulock on the same PP, going back to a two D pp. plenty of teams in this situation should. Col with Makar and Girard. Dallas with heiskanen and Klingberg.. Ottawa with Chabot and Brannstrom.. Toronto with Barrie and Reilly. Buffalo with Dahlin and Risto/Montour. Really skilled offensive defensemen are basically forwards out there anyway.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    If I were the isles I’d use Toews and Pulock on the same PP, going back to a two D pp. plenty of teams in this situation should. Col with Makar and Girard. Dallas with heiskanen and Klingberg.. Ottawa with Chabot and Brannstrom.. Toronto with Barrie and Reilly. Buffalo with Dahlin and Risto/Montour. Really skilled offensive defensemen are basically forwards out there anyway.
    he wasnt very good at positioning himself to get open to release his cannon 5 on 4 . when he did connect it was often blocked or missed the net . I suspect opposing teams zeroed in on him while on the PK identifying the isles were trying to feed him a one timer .

too often , barzal and eberle are trying to accomplish something down low / left side and it turns into a lame attempt or a turnover because barzals cross ice pass attempts to bailey to the right side were intercepted or he just didnt attempt because he couldnt see a seam

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I would add Barrie-Rielly to this list -- could be an interesting look with the elite F they've got in Toronto. But yeah ... the point remains that some teams have gone with that deployment, especially where one of those D is a legit shooting threat.

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Veteran

So are the Isles going to be the team to sign Brassard and if not what's the plan for 3C? Dobber has Koivula penciled in but doesn't project him even playing half a season. What say you Isles fans?

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    So are the Isles going to be the team to sign Brassard and if not what's the plan for 3C? Dobber has Koivula penciled in but doesn't project him even playing half a season. What say you Isles fans?
    trotz is a big fan of tanner fritz but he was a late cut last year and when he did get called up later in season he got injured . as of now , thats your 3 c on the isles .

Dobber Sports Jedi

Brassard on the cheap wouldn't be a bad option. Neither would a healthy Brandon Sutter from Van.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Brassard on the cheap wouldn't be a bad option. Neither would a healthy Brandon Sutter from Van.
    There just aren't really a lot of FA options available after Brassard: Boyle, Lehtera, Peter Holland ... not great. I think a trade would be the more likely scenario unless they go with Brassard, but they are probably worrying about contracts for Beauvellier and Ho-Sang (even Dal Colle) before committing any money to someone like Brassard. Probably a smart move.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    There just aren't really a lot of FA options available after Brassard: Boyle, Lehtera, Peter Holland ... not great. I think a trade would be the more likely scenario unless they go with Brassard, but they are probably worrying about contracts for Beauvellier and Ho-Sang (even Dal Colle) before committing any money to someone like Brassard. Probably a smart move.

Lehtera and Holland are both signed in the KHL. Pickings even slimmer.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    the longer Brassard sits unsigned... the cheaper he gets

Dobber Sports Jedi

This should help in the future recruitment of UFA's:

David Pagnotta
    @TheFourthPeriod
    2m
    The Islanders' Belmont Park Arena proposal has officially been approved by the Empire State Development's board.

Dobber Sports Master

exterior renderings of the arena have that old school feel and since it will bump up against the rear of the main grandstand at belmont its a nice look .

theres one nimby neighbourhood thats still making some noise but I'd hope they dont go down the lawsuit road .

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I don't know if the question was already asked before, but how do you evaluate the situation in the first PP next year.
    Which one will be the #1 QB : Devon Toews or Ryan Pulock?

Dobber Guide project 45 pts (11g) for Pulock and 31 pts (7g) for Toews.
    But it seems that the Dobber community is really high on Toews
    10 Keepers Salary Cap League (96,025,000M Cap - Players CAP-HIT)
    8 Teams / 12 FW, 6 D, 1G, 4 Scratches
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

F: 1xG + 1xA
    D: 2xG + 1xA
    G: 2xW + 1xOTL + 1xSO

F: Hintz, J. Hughes, Schmaltz, Zacha, Hyman, Novak, Hartman, Stamkos, Knies, Marchessault, Konecny, Monahan,
    D: Heiskanen, Andersson, Sergachev, Mintyukov, Addison, Guhle

G: Shesterkin

Scratch : Dach, Wheeler, Eklund,
    Lundkvist
    FARM : Edvinsson, Stankoven, Kulich, Musty, Leonard, Hutson

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ACC90 View Post
    I don't know if the question was already asked before, but how do you evaluate the situation in the first PP next year.
    Which one will be the #1 QB : Devon Toews or Ryan Pulock?

Dobber Guide project 45 pts (11g) for Pulock and 31 pts (7g) for Toews.
    But it seems that the Dobber community is really high on Toews
    a ppqb is the guy who does the zone entry then starts to set the table once there . toews stole that role from leddy last year because his decision making was a little more offensive minded and swifter than nicks .

pulock has the potential to be the featured ''shot'' but for some reason he missed the net or got blocked often . maybe the new assistant coach (Hiller) who specializes in pp can teach the fellas how to find ways to get pulock an open lane more often

Dobber Sports Master

I think it will be a carousel until someone establishes themselves. That someone could even be Dobson, but I give it two years before he joins the carousel full-time. To be honest, I don't see a legit star in the group. I see a bunch of good to very good, but no all-world players. So it risks being murky for a long time.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck