Page 60 of 79 FirstFirst ... 10 50 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 70 ... LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia Flyers

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Philadelphia Flyers

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Expiring Paul Stastny was worth a 1st and a good prospect (Foley). If the Flyers sell Simmonds for a 2nd, there will be a line at their door.
    Absolutely.

For a comparison, Timonen was able to land a 2nd and a conditional 4th if I remember correctly which was upgraded to an additional 2nd. He hadn't even played that year and was already 40 years of age.

A 1st and a decent prospect should be a reasonable return for Simmonds.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Expiring Paul Stastny was worth a 1st and a good prospect (Foley). If the Flyers sell Simmonds for a 2nd, there will be a line at their door.
    Was worth? Or managed to fetch?

Larsson fetched Hall, but was hardly worth it. I think Simmonds will get a 2nd and if philly can nab a 1st plus...beauty!!!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Was worth? Or managed to fetch?

Larsson fetched Hall, but was hardly worth it. I think Simmonds will get a 2nd and if philly can nab a 1st plus...beauty!!!
    Player is worth in a trade as much as someone is willing to pay for him. A 1st and a prospect is pretty common for good players on expiring contracts. Not sure why people are so surprised by that. Have you never seen a trade deadline?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well, my PHI fan brothers...
    Can the Flyers punt today's game and retain a better draft spot?
    They've allowed FLA & CHI to get above them.

I worry that with CAR locked in, that CAR will rest players, PHI will play hard, and win.

As a season, looking back... my feelings haven't changed... PHI ownership still did this wrong.
    Hextall and Hakstol should still be in place.
    Flyers played just spirited enough to win several games when Hart was called up.
    But since that 15-20 stretch, they settled into the old Flyers.
    They teased that they might be a playoff team... but they really ARE/WERE not... CBJ & CAR have always been better teams this season.

If PHI would've stayed with H&H and kept Hart in the AHL...
    They'd be the same team, with perhaps a better pick spot, had they simply played their shit goalies.

Ah well, here's hoping for a lottery pick.
    Team could be in really good shape next year, but I still miss Hex and Haks.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Woohoo: 10 spot for the Flyers.
    Assuming no pre-teen or teen jumpers make the top 3, PHI should be primed to land one of the many USNTP kids, hopefully an immediate impact 2nd/3rd line wing.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Small victories:

The Flyers won the same amount of playoff games this year as the Pens and Lightning combined!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^Bwa-ha-ha.
    Niice!

Dobber Sports Icon

Would be interested as to how Flyers fans feel about this - for a long time she was pretty iconic:

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/f...-racist-songs/
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Would be interested as to how Flyers fans feel about this - for a long time she was pretty iconic:

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/f...-racist-songs/
    Not a Flyers fan but "ouch!"... tough one to judge. I really don't think it's right to hold people from a different time to today's moral standards. But damn those are some pretty tough lyrics to swallow. Hard to imagine any sort of time when the words to "That's Why Darkies Were Born" were not used in a derogatory manner.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Not a Flyers fan but "ouch!"... tough one to judge. I really don't think it's right to hold people from a different time to today's moral standards. But damn those are some pretty tough lyrics to swallow. Hard to imagine any sort of time when the words to "That's Why Darkies Were Born" were not used in a derogatory manner.
    This is not news. It's well known that Kate Smith was an icon of the ultraconservative religious right long before she became the Flyers' muse in the '70s. Kate Smith wasn't just a creature of her time - she was a full-on racist. Teams should have quietly moved away from her legacy a long time ago...it's too bad they had to be embarrassed before they did.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

As a Flyer fan, eff her. (I can't say I knew anything about her, other than that the Flyers trotted her out quite often for the anthem.)

I have no problem cutting ties with somebody when I find out that I don't support their actions/stances.
    I was a big Tim Hardaway fan in high school and had to put away my jerseys when he made his homophobic slanderings.
    Same with Tiger Woods. His mass-infidelity is simply too much for me to support. Buh-bye.
    I wish more of the world could simply say "OK, I realize this (person) is on my team's (side)... that I once rooted for them... but I don't support them any more."
    And on the flipside, people shouldn't label somebody as negative just because some one-off character on their team's world is a putz.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

100% pure speculation and guesswork....

Wayne Simmonds has not changed his Twitter pictures... they are still pictures of him with the Flyers..

Will he come back to Philly and sign with the Flyers!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post

Wayne Simmonds has not changed his Twitter pictures... they are still pictures of him with the Flyers..

Wouldn't be the craziest thing to happen this off-season
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post

I don't see it happening without a serious discount. He was already playing on the 3rd line because his pace of play at 5v5 is already deteriorated even aside from his recent injuries and Fletcher has no real obligation to him as a newer GM with the organization.

I really like Simmer as most Philly fans do. I just imagine him getting a contract that starts looking like Erikssons' or Lucics' which objectively are probably worse than what MacDonalds is at the moment and I don't want to think of the Wayne Train in the same regard as AMac.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Master

Yeah... I'm hoping we make the smart move here. Love Simmonds, but its time to go. Hard to say Simmonds no if he is playing really well, but in this case, he's made the decision easy. No need to lock in to a declining player who may not even have another good year left. Best case scenario is he scores 30 goals in each of the next two seasons. After that, he'll be a salary cap abatross.