Thread: Saros vs Khudobin ROS

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Saros vs Khudobin ROS

Not getting enough starts from Khudobin, but worried Saros might fall off. Khudobin is pretty rock solid, and is on the best defensive team in the league. Saros has been doing great recently and looks to be stealing the crease from Rinne, but he was garbage in the early season and I don't know whether he's going to keep up what he's doing. He SHOULD however get me starts.

I'm currently walking a tightrope. Fleury has been mainly terrible with some brilliant starts. I bench him half the time so he doesn't tank my week, and only really start him on soft starts. Khudobin might go weeks between games. Grubauer has been GREAT recently (but has had ups and downs on the year), but now he's out for I don't know how long. I'm trying to keep my percentages high while still reaching the required 3 weekly starts. I've picked up Campbell in the meantime because it looked like he'd have some opportunity and he's been great for the leafs so far, but the leafs seem to be determined to go with Freddy every non back-to-back, despite his recent performance.

Right now Saros looks good. He has been under 2.5 GAA with a consistent .922ish SV% for the past month, for a total of 5 wins in 7 starts. Rinne looks overall much worse (though he just shut down the blues). Is it worth dropping Khudobin or Campbell in the hopes that Saros can be my savior with Grubauer injured?

Other potention WW Goalies: Raanta, Stalock , Bernier, Dell. THe last two are on garbage teams. McIlhenney is also on the wire, but he barely plays.
    Yahoo 10 team H2H league (1 year)
    Positions: 2C, 4W, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 4BN
    Forward Categories: G, A, P,+/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW
    Goalie Categories: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: A. Matthews, A. Kopitar, V. Trochek
    W: P. Kane, B. Tkachuk, J. Guentzel, E. Kane, T. Hall, T. Hertl, T. Teravainen
    D: D. Hamilton, V. Hedman, A. Pietrangelo, Mike Reilly
    G: S. Varlamov, R. Lehner, P. Grubauer
    IR: J. Eichel

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Saros vs Khudobin ROS

Saros might be your play over Khudobin. Francouz doesn't happen to be available eh?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Nope. Woulda picked him up.

Dobber Sports Star

In a one year, I'd rather pick up Khudobin and drop Campbell. He's not the 1A goalie, but it seems you know exactly what you're getting and his percentage categories carry a lot of water. Campbell's three good starts against bottom-half offenses don't convince me that he'll outperform Khudobin's 12 to 13 or so remaining starts.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

100%. The only reason I'd even consider keeping Campbell over Khudobin is that I think Campbell might be primed to have many more starts, especially with Freddy playing at his current .894 sv%.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Araziza View Post
    100%. The only reason I'd even consider keeping Campbell over Khudobin is that I think Campbell might be primed to have many more starts, especially with Freddy playing at his current .894 sv%.
    That's a valid consideration. But I have to think that Toronto wants Andersen to right the ship, as opposed to benching him and creating a goalie headache this season and next. There's also the chance of the supposedly oft-injured Bishop getting hurt and Khudobin getting some bonus stats.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Heh, now that Bishop injury would be an unexpected boon for me. And as a Toronto fan, and a staunch supporter of Freddy, I'd love to see him right the ship. I'm just losing confidence that he can accomplish that. He's just been SO bad... at some point someone is going to make the decision that they need to chase the playoff spot, which might mean going with the hot hand. I guess we'll see what Freddy does with his vote of confidence tonight against the Penguins.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Araziza View Post
    Heh, now that Bishop injury would be an unexpected boon for me. And as a Toronto fan, and a staunch supporter of Freddy, I'd love to see him right the ship. I'm just losing confidence that he can accomplish that. He's just been SO bad... at some point someone is going to make the decision that they need to chase the playoff spot, which might mean going with the hot hand. I guess we'll see what Freddy does with his vote of confidence tonight against the Penguins.
    Your worst case scenario lol.