Thread: Hnmm... Who should I keep??

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Hnmm... Who should I keep??

Hey guys,

I'm in a Keep 6 league that counts G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SHO.

I'd like to keep 4 forwards, 1 defense, and 1 goalie (you can't keep more than one goalie)

I've bolded my initial choices below but I'd really appreciate some secondary opinions.

FWD:
    Trocheck
    Malkin

Hall
    P. Kane

T. Johnson
    Bailey
    Marchessault
    Lucic
    Toffoli
    Brown
    Pastrnak
    Konecny
    Simmonds
    Kuznetsov
    Huberdeau
    JVR
    Mark Stone

DEF:
    Karlsson
    Suter
    Risto
    Provorov
    Werenski
    Shattenkirk

Goalies:
    Crawford
    Bishop
    Talbot
    Luongo
    Grubauer

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Hnmm... Who should I keep??

Tough to let Pastrnak go. I do like your choices but wonder if you could package Past and a goalie for an upgrade in net.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I like your forward selections. You will be dropping some forwards that might be keepers on other teams...

Simmonds (I know down year, but wait until he tears it up in the playoffs and trade him then!),
    Pastrnak
    Kuznetsov

Provorov - His upside is huge and I know is some leagues he is highly-valued... you might be able to get a solid return for him.

Is there any team that has two really good goalies? He only can keep one? So try packaging some skaters to get an upgrade. If you do not have any luck.. I would keep Bishop over Crawford... The bottom is falling out in Chicago and wins are going to be harder to come by for Chicago then for Dallas.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I like your forward selections. You will be dropping some forwards that might be keepers on other teams...

Simmonds (I know down year, but wait until he tears it up in the playoffs and trade him then!),
    Pastrnak
    Kuznetsov

Provorov - His upside is huge and I know is some leagues he is highly-valued... you might be able to get a solid return for him.

Is there any team that has two really good goalies? He only can keep one? So try packaging some skaters to get an upgrade. If you do not have any luck.. I would keep Bishop over Crawford... The bottom is falling out in Chicago and wins are going to be harder to come by for Chicago then for Dallas.
    I agree with most of what PH is saying, but especially the part in bold...keep Bishop over Crawford.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I like your picks. One keeper I would swap is Bishop over Crawford.
    12 team 35 player dynasty Keep all players - 2017-18 Leaque champ -
    Goals: 3 Assists: 2 Def pts: 0.5 PPG:2 SHG:2 Shots: 0.4 GA:-1 SV: 0.2 Wins: 5 Shutout: 3

F: Barkov, Scheifele, Dubois, Hall, Keller, Kreider, Drouin, Monahan, Dadonov, Shwartz, Terravainen, Wilson, Tatar, Schmaltz , Bratt Minors: Necas, Chytil, Borgstrom, Kravtsov, R.Thomas, Donato,

D: Jones, Butcher, Klingberg, Hamilton, S. Theodore, Minors: Chowlowski, Jokiharju, Brannstrom, K. Miller

G: Bobrovsky, Varlamov, IR: Crawford, Raanta Minors:Hill

Dobber Sports Sage

Call me crazy but I'd seriously consider Talbot over both bishop and Crawford. I know the oilers are a train wreck this year but I think they are closer to last year's team than this year's team. He could be far and away the best goalie of the bunch next season.

You have to find a way to either keep pasta or trade him. He's too valuable and is a definite keeper on another team. I'm not married to any of your keepers and would put out some aggressive 2 for 1 offers. Ie: p Kane and pasta for Kucherov it McDavid. Mackinnon might be a good target.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Genius

How many teams? If only 1 goalie can be kept I might not keep any in your case and keep one of your other high end forwards instead.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Superstar

The posts so far, as per usual, are excellent and I think they have defined your problem space. Your goalie options are not great. So, how many teams in your league? Is there an owner who has a tender who is an upgrade on Talbot or Bishop (I agree that Crawford is not the way to go). You have very good assets up front and could move one or in fact a package to improve your goal tending. So I think the message that we are sending is that who you keep is not really the issue, it is turning those assets into 6 keepers that are a more solid core. In a keep six, moving your assets to get the best players that you can is a key step in building a contender. Then it's all about the draft (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I agree with much of what's been said. We need to know how many teams, and how many you start.

If you can't upgrade one, I'm not keeping any of your goalies over Pastrnak or Provorov. Those are the 2 guys I think I'd most want to keep that you haven't got listed as keepers already.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks All, I really appreciate it. You?ve given me a lot to think about. Not keeping a goalie and going with Pasta or somebody else is intriguing. There?s 8 teams and we can start 2 goalies per night.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

8 teams, no chance I keep a goalie, then.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Agree, draft a goalie and do not keep one of the ones you have in a keep 6 - 8 team league. I think you've gotta keep Pasta over Provorov... I really like Provorov, however, Pasta is here now and Provorov while solid, is not currently producing as I would like to label him a keeper.