Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trey Mancini... who is this guy?

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Trey Mancini... who is this guy?

Just picked up Trey Mancini in my 1-year league. I was looking for some Hrs and RBIs and I stumbled on him. Checked his stats last year and I was amazed how I had never heard anything on this guy before. In 12 TOTAL games over 2 seasons, he's been AB 36 times, hitting, 7 Hrs, racking in 14 RBIs, scoring 8 Runs with 10Ks and maintaining a .361 avg.

I get the sample size is VERY small, but what I like is that it's over the course of 2 seasons and the results are pretty similar. Do you think this guy is for real and if so, why is he only 19% owned in Yahoo leagues ATM?
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Trey Mancini... who is this guy?

I remember hearing the announcers say something about him being the Orioles minor league player of the year last year or something along those lines.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I remember hearing the announcers say something about him being the Orioles minor league player of the year last year or something along those lines.
    Holy smokes, the kid (25 y/o) is really rocking it. On Yahoo, he doesn't even qualify for an official field position as he is currently Util-only!
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Giant

Mancini seems to have cooled down... I'm still going to hold onto him a while longer but I will most likely be forced to drop him when D.Price comes off the DL. Aww well, it was nice while it lasted I guess

Minors:

Dobber Sports Giant

I had dropped the kid a few weeks back in favor of streaming that spot until Price came back but I had to grab him back this weekend in fear of losing him to someone else. He's really showing great potential in his limited plate appearances!!!

Minors:

Dobber Sports Giant

Lol, I do see a few extra views on this thread so I guess I'll keep updating it

I dropped Mancini in favor of Alex Wood. Will see which one is the hottest of the 2 down the road as Mancini has cooled down once again.

Minors:

Dobber Sports Titan

Yeah, I think the holes in Mancini's bat have been found. He has the talent to turn it around, but it won't be right away.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Yeah, I think the holes in Mancini's bat have been found. He has the talent to turn it around, but it won't be right away.
    The kid has found his game again! Love it when he's AB lately!

Minors:

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    The kid has found his game again! Love it when he's AB lately!
    I was just thinking about this thread yesterday when I saw he was going off.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Picked him up in the Dobber league and not looking back at all. Has hits in 17 of 18 games and is seemingly must start with Davis out.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Picked him up in the Dobber league and not looking back at all. Has hits in 17 of 18 games and is seemingly must start with Davis out.
    I lied (ok well I didn't lie, but I didn't do what I said I was going to do in my other thread)...

I held onto Mancini... I think I'm going to drop another one of my hitters instead... I've got too much of a man-crush on Tony ATM

Minors:

Dobber Sports Titan

I lied (ok well I didn't lie, but I didn't do what I said I was going to do in my other thread)...

I held onto Mancini... I think I'm going to drop another one of my hitters instead... I've got too much of a man-crush on Tony ATM
    Even still? I'm sure there have to be better short term options in your league right now. He is still doing okay, but he has really cooled down recently.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

LIES!!!!

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Even still? I'm sure there have to be better short term options in your league right now. He is still doing okay, but he has really cooled down recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    LIES!!!!
    Darn, I know, I know...

His freakin' .304 BA will get him snagged for sure and I know myself, if that happened and he turned things around again for like the 3rd time this year, I would dwell over it until the season was over! But I will monitor his games closely this week. If he keeps on the trend he's been on over the past month, I'll grab my big boy pants and do what needs to be done!

Minors:

Dobber Sports Immortal

Darn, I know, I know...

His freakin' .304 BA will get him snagged for sure and I know myself, if that happened and he turned things around again for like the 3rd time this year, I would dwell over it until the season was over! But I will monitor his games closely this week. If he keeps on the trend he's been on over the past month, I'll grab my big boy pants and do what needs to be done!
    But Chris Davis is back now isn't he? Meaning Mancini is no longer an every day player.

You are on man crush levels sir.