Thread: How to research "Best OLDER Elite Forward" fantasy seasons of last couple decades?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default How to research "Best OLDER Elite Forward" fantasy seasons of last couple decades?

Whats up Forum?! About that time again...

How/where one could reliably research the most productive seasons (of 30yr old & +) fantasy skaters over the past 15-20 years?

What I'm not exactly sure of is how or when to transition off the aging (but still high end value) star players from my keeper group. I know they still hold above average fantasy value, but for how long? How soon do I try to trade them? How much of a discount would I need to give to move to a younger player? Do I hold out until they retire and have that mark my rebuild?

So many questions....So I thought I'd try to put some blinders on and focus on just how often star players on the back 9 have still delivered the goods to their fantasy team? I'm wondering if there are any compiled trends of star or ex-star players still being relevant beyond their "best before date"?

Frozen Tools?
    Determine Birthdays and painstakingly compare/assess each season's stats?
    Fantasy Guide?
    Pin the Tail on the Donkey?
    Blind Faith?
    Personal Bias?
    Recency Bias?
    (OK obv maybe not the last 4 but any help on this would be greatly appreciated.)

Some of the stars I'm assessing (on my and other teams) include but aren't limited to:

Crosby,
    P. Kane,
    Marchand,
    Malkin,
    Ovechkin,
    Stamkos,
    Giroux,
    Wheeler,
    Tavares,
    Kopitar,
    Backstrom (Wash),
    Benn,
    Bergeron,
    Seguin *inj,
    Getzlaf,
    Pacioretty,
    maybe others?

Thx as always Dobber community,
    Stay Safe!

The Great One

Default Re: How to research "Best OLDER Elite Forward" fantasy seasons of last couple decades?

Hockeyreference.com
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: How to research "Best OLDER Elite Forward" fantasy seasons of last couple decades?

If I'm contending in a points only league, I don't see where I wouldn't want any of those players, over a 3 year period.

What I would give up to aquire, or ask in return if I'm an owner is a whole different story. I don't think historic performance helps in knowing when to pull the trigger.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Hockeyreference.com
    This. Honestly it and its brethren in other sports are pretty much the place to research anything.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thx very much guys, I'll take a look.

FYI it's not points only, were H2H with multi categories.

I appreciate the feedback boys, thx a lot