Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [EXTENDED] Huberdeau 8x$10.5 in CGY

The Great One

Default Re: [EXTENDED] Huberdeau 8x$10.5 in CGY

Oh Tkachuk will play in the top line with Barkov. His contract guarantees that. They aren’t paying him that much to put him on the second line. My guess is he gets more points this year than he had last year.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Genius

Trade looks a lot better for the Flames now. Good for them.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    Trade looks a lot WORSE for the Flames now. Good for them.
    Fixed it for you. The smart move by the Flames would have been to sell Huberdeau for multiple high end prospects/picks at the deadline. There is almost no chance he lives up to this contract playing for Sutter in year 1.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Fixed it for you. The smart move by the Flames would have been to sell Huberdeau for multiple high end prospects/picks at the deadline. There is almost no chance he lives up to this contract playing for Sutter in year 1.
    I don’t necessarily disagree, but everyone said that about Gaudreau and Tkachuk last year.

The Great One

Agreed.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Does that mean the solution is to simply trade assets and tank for a year or more? Replace the coach?
    Flames were a good team last year. I realize that 2/3 of their top line is gone, but they did get a top line wing back, plus a solid defenseman.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Dobber Sports Genius

They did the best they could with what was presented before them. I think Hubs will perform at a high level but maybe not so much in the latter parts of that contract. Dealing him would’ve raised the white flag. Coming off a big year for the Flames, this could still save a few seasons for them moving forward. But who knows.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Deity

Personally I like Huberdeau a lot and I think he'll be Calgarys best forward for years to come. That bring said, they still need other to progress around him. I don't think he's nearly as productive in Calgary as he was in Florida simply because Calgary doesn't have the depth around him to support him like he had in Florida but maybe he proves me wrong.

Either way, I think Huberdeau will be fine for years. I doubt the contract ages well in the last few years of it but that's something Calgary will have to worry about later.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Personally I like Huberdeau a lot and I think he'll be Calgarys best forward for years to come. That bring said, they still need other to progress around him. I don't think he's nearly as productive in Calgary as he was in Florida simply because Calgary doesn't have the depth around him to support him like he had in Florida but maybe he proves me wrong.

Either way, I think Huberdeau will be fine for years. I doubt the contract ages well in the last few years of it but that's something Calgary will have to worry about later.
    Huberdeau goes from being centered by Bennett to being centered by Lindholm. Lindholm is freaking awesome. On the PP is where he’ll have trouble matching the numbers on that lethal Panthers PP but it’s not like Calgary’s PP will be bad, should be a top 10-15PP.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Legend

Huberdeau is going to do great on Calgary. They needed a long-term superstar after losing Gaudreau and Tkachuk.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Star

I am surprised how many think Treliving shouldve been rebuilding when Tkachuk indicated he wouldnt re-sign. I would even agree if the offers were more similar to what Minnesota got for Kevin Fiala.

Instead, Treliving got an elite winger and top 2/3 righty dman and are likely going to sign both long-term at this rate keeping their window open for another 3-5 years probably. Sutter is a win-now coach and the rest of their key players like Lindholm, Hanifin, Mangiapane, Toffoli, Coleman, Andersson and Markstrom are still in their primes so the going for it is understandable and will probably keep Treliving in the good graces of ownership and the fans.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    I am surprised how many think Treliving shouldve been rebuilding when Tkachuk indicated he wouldnt re-sign. I would even agree if the offers were more similar to what Minnesota got for Kevin Fiala.

Instead, Treliving got an elite winger and top 2/3 righty dman and are likely going to sign both long-term at this rate keeping their window open for another 3-5 years probably. Sutter is a win-now coach and the rest of their key players like Lindholm, Hanifin, Mangiapane, Toffoli, Coleman, Andersson and Markstrom are still in their primes so the going for it is understandable and will probably keep Treliving in the good graces of ownership and the fans.
    Couldn't agree more, and Treliving is way too active a GM to just sit on his hands - I don't think he's the type of GM that's made for a rebuild, and everyone knows it.

Meanwhile, and key to all this, Markstrom is 32, their opportunity to leverage his Vezina-caliber goaltending is now while he's in his prime.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post

It wasn’t just Tkachuk saying he would re-sign, it was also Gaudreau leaving. They lost 2/3rds of their top line. That’s why some felt it was tine to punt. Markstrom turned into a pumpkin in the playoffs. We’ll see how this year goes. But I can see both sides of the argument and I’m not convinced the Flames haven’t taken a step back here.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Deity

Any time you lose your two best players, and only replace one, you've taken a step back but this is also an opportunity for someone else to step up.

I'm not ready to write Calgary off at all. They still have one of the games best goalies, a solid D corps and decent depth up front. The West isn't that strong that this still isn't a competitive team.

Do I want them to suck? Of course. LOL. I just don't think they will be as bad as some think.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."