Page 96 of 99 FirstFirst ... 46 86 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1474

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: New York Rangers

Gauthier resigns one year, no term info yet but surely cheap.

Dobber Sports Superstar

farewell Nils

Dobber Sports Superstar

Drury please attempt to trade for Tyler Bertuzzi now that his value will be at an all time low. Offer Detroit Blais and a decent pick and bring up Cuylle to replace him. This is the scoring answer needed to buoy Laf/Kakko who are obvi still not ready to be major contributors unfortunately.

Dobber Sports Initiate

What on earth would make you think Yzerman would accept such a trade offer for Bertuzzi lol - Blais and a pick seems completely outside of reality - especially with a host of playoff bound teams looking for a player with Bertuzzi's skillset.

Dobber Sports Superstar

not saying that gets it done but gotta start somewhere. Kubalik has made him expendable and he's on an expiring contract so maybe it is enough to get something rather than nothing.

Dobber Sports Titan

Well Bertuzzi is out a minimum of 4 weeks. Could be 6 weeks. So I doubt he's moved while he's hurt. It's not something that happens in the NHL.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

And Yzerman would be much smarter to sell high on Kubalik - who is punching waaaayyy above his weight right now.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Superstar

for sure, I guess my hope is him hurt makes his value as low as possible and now would be the time to pounce. He would be smart to sell Dominik sure but he still has term beyond this season and costs two mil less per year than Tyler who will want a raise over the 4.5 mil he is currently making. He's also the same age and has essentially replaced him and very well with all the missed time for Bertuzzi. It's a pipe dream for sure but the Rangers are in the exact same boat they were in prior to the deadline last season so Drury must acquire an impact forward and a steadying third pair defender as the reliance on two kids is crippling them.

Dobber Sports Stud

Luigi, what's your take on Trocheck?
    I acquired him a few weeks ago and thought that his deployment was interesting (playing with Panarin, 1st PP, etc.) but it seems like he's been demoted to the third line.
    Is it warranted? It looks like the chemistry is not there with Artemi.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by rufio.85 View Post
    I acquired him a few weeks ago and thought that his deployment was interesting (playing with Panarin, 1st PP, etc.) but it seems like he's been demoted to the third line.
    I just heard on the show NHL Now that the New York Rangers coaching staff is just shaking up the lines to get things moving as the Rangers have not been producing at the level they normally do lately. As for Trocheck and maybe others this is probably not a permanent thing, but just to shake things up for the time being. They are also going to see what they have in Kravtsov who you see has moved up to the 2nd line after finally playing well in his last game against Ottawa. I also don't think this is a permanent thing.
    League: 14 team H2H 12 category scoring: G/A/P/PPP/SHP/SOG/BLK~ W/L(Least)/GA(Least)/SV/SHO
    Bratt Pack: Team & Record: 43-43-10 (23 player roster with 6 IR positions and 2 NA positions)

C: Scheifele-WPG, Seguin-DAL(RW), Reinhart- FLA(RW), Monahan-MON, Parssinen-NSH
    LW: Laine-CLS(RW), Benn-DAL(C), Zucker-PIT, Sheary-WSH(RW), Maccelli-ARZ
    RW: Bratt-NJ, Fiala-LA(LW), Zacha-BOS(LW/C), Peterka-BUF(LW), Wilson-WSH IR
    D: Hamilton-NJ, Chabot-OTT, Trouba-NYR, Addison-MIN, Ekman-Larsson-VAN, Letang-PIT IR
    G: Saros-NSH, Kuemper-WSH, Schmid-NJ, Francouz-COL

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by rufio.85 View Post
    As stated above I think this is just necessary slight tinkering because the results have not been there lately. Panarin started the season on fire and has really dropped off the past couple weeks, so much so that he has gone from his typical pass first mentality to shoot first to try to get himself going which I honestly like because he has a sinister wrist shot. Trocheck I am not worried about but the kids need to be sparked so them being centered by a vet like him is a worthy avenue to explore.

Playing with a Panarin is like playing with a Crosby, barely anyone can think the game and see it as fast and far ahead as them so it makes it tough for any linemate. Nonetheless the Rangers played with fire letting all last season's deadline acquisitions walk, banking on the kids to all take significant steps simultaneously. That has not been the case as I figured and a more veteran presence is needed to buoy them as they continue to develop. I wanted Vatrano to stay simply because of the shoot first mentality they lack as a whole.

Look at a projected lineup for the Rangers game tonight, Jimmy Vesey was not brought in to play on the top line yet alone the top six. Chytil is a third line center plain and simple not a second. If anything with current roster iteration I want Gallant to keep Gauthier on the second line, his speed for his size is rare and if he can just learn to bury the biscuit he would be a lethal power forward. I would rather they stink now, fly under the radar and hopefully make the postseason rounding into form, rarely does the superbly performing squads at this point in the season prevail in the end.

Dobber Sports Superstar

talking to myself in here but tonight's starting lineup second line of Vesey-Trocheck-Goodrow is a prime example of why this team needs to trade for an impact top six forward at the deadline.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    talking to myself in here but tonight's starting lineup second line of Vesey-Trocheck-Goodrow is a prime example of why this team needs to trade for an impact top six forward at the deadline.
    Do you think any of Kakko, Chytil, or Lafreniere can take that next step next year?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Do you think any of Kakko, Chytil, or Lafreniere can take that next step next year?
    I mean who am I to say right, I sure hope so but there's no denying this team is cursed when it comes to drafting forwards. I am 33 years old, the best forward this team has ever drafted and developed in my lifetime is Chris Kreider who is solid but surely not a superstar.

Kakko and Laf are 21, not giving up hope by any means but it was a mistake on Drury's part to bank on all these kids breaking through and letting all the prior season deadline acquisitions walk. This team at times has a significant shooting deficiency with many pass first players. Vatrano I would have loved them to retain simply for his greedy shoot first mentality.

Although they ended up winning last night, they had one shot on goal with seven minutes left in the first period, that's just poor for a team that went to the ECF last season. A talent injection is needed at forward one way or another that helps out in the here and now IMO.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    I mean who am I to say right, I sure hope so but there's no denying this team is cursed when it comes to drafting forwards. I am 33 years old, the best forward this team has ever drafted and developed in my lifetime is Chris Kreider who is solid but surely not a superstar.

Kakko and Laf are 21, not giving up hope by any means but it was a mistake on Drury's part to bank on all these kids breaking through and letting all the prior season deadline acquisitions walk. This team at times has a significant shooting deficiency with many pass first players. Vatrano I would have loved them to retain simply for his greedy shoot first mentality.

Although they ended up winning last night, they had one shot on goal with seven minutes left in the first period, that's just poor for a team that went to the ECF last season. A talent injection is needed at forward one way or another that helps out in the here and now IMO.

Drafting them isn't the issue. Developing them is. That's where they seem to suck.

That being said, I remember going back to draft day and saying the Rangers should be drafting Byfield and not Lafreniere because of their roster makeup. Lafreniere was a round peg in a square hole and the Rangers needed more help down the middle than on the wing. Anyway, hind-sight is always 20-20.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."