0 0%
  • Bruins in 5

2 9.09%
  • Bruins in 6

10 45.45%
  • Bruins in 7

2 9.09%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference Final: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (WC1) Carolina Hurricanes

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Eastern Conference Final: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (WC1) Carolina Hurricanes

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby4Ever View Post
    Gotta love it , Bruins are in the Stanley Cup Final and look unstoppable ridin the Tuukka Train!
    Man, they look dominant. Good times for Bruins fans! Getting some rest before facing either SJ or STL. Home ice. Looking good B's.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Eastern Conference Final: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (WC1) Carolina Hurricanes

Sweeping team gets swept next round. I hope the pattern will continue.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    My vote is for the Bruins in 5. I think Carolina is having a lot of fun out there and that is helping them win games... but wow. Rask is dialed in and I think he wins this series for the Bruins.

I did want to go with the pattern that is starting to create... NYI sweeps Pittsburgh, then Carolina sweeps NYI... but I don't think Carolina will get swept.
    Will the Bruins end the pattern in the finals. I hope so! I don’t want to see a sweep in the finals
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Initiate

kudos to the Canes getting back into the playoffs , it's good for the fanbase. They have a good young talented team , sure they will make a few changes to improve over the summer , they have a few UFA's and it would be tough to lose Williams but the D is set and solid.
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Initiate

some good storylines for the Final's , David Backes being one , i hope he continues to play and make a difference and get his name on the Cup , of course Big Joe would be another one if the Sharks get in.

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Man, they look dominant. Good times for Bruins fans! Getting some rest before facing either SJ or STL. Home ice. Looking good B's.
    yes after 3 physical series im sure they are banged up and can use the rest and refuel. One thing i noticed was for how physical these first 3 series were i cant remember any fights or fighting majors handed out , i could be wrong but overall the teams played some great hockey and stayed away from the fights. Unusual for playoff hockey.

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Initiate

@4T2 , that tat is looking like a possibilty! 4 more wins. Would be amazing for 3 Championships in one year for the same city! If it happens we will enjoy it now because nothing good lasts forever but we have been very fortunate to be experience this as sports fans , i take nothing for granted because i remember the lean years.

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Stud

PIT got swept by NYI

NYI got swept by CAR

CAR got swept by BOS

BOS gets swept by....?

it's just not a good time to be a Pens fan
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Deity

kudos to the Canes getting back into the playoffs , it's good for the fanbase. They have a good young talented team , sure they will make a few changes to improve over the summer , they have a few UFA's and it would be tough to lose Williams but the D is set and solid.
    Ya, I agree. They really earned their place this year. They were one of the best teams in the 2nd half of the season in the league. It will be interesting to see if they lock up Mrazek or not. They still don't have a starting goalie for next year at this point, but that D in front of who ever comes in is pretty good. That and a lot of good young forwards coming along to boot.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

@4T2 , that tat is looking like a possibilty! 4 more wins. Would be amazing for 3 Championships in one year for the same city! If it happens we will enjoy it now because nothing good lasts forever but we have been very fortunate to be experience this as sports fans , i take nothing for granted because i remember the lean years.
    Yeah, I've got a sleeve started that's a brick wall with graffiti on it, may get the Bruins/Red Sox/Pats logos incorporated into that somehow.

Agreed that we have to enjoy it while it lasts... I hope it lasts a little longer anyway so my 3 year old son can have some memories of it as well.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Titan

What a ripple effect that CBJ vs Tampa series and Boston vs TML series could have made.

Boston put on a clinic in game 4. It was crazy how well they defended in the 2nd and 3rd.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Demi-God

That's an interesting note on the sweep-sweep-sweep of PIT/NYI/CAR/BOS.
    I think it stops there, I can't see Boston being swept - they look really strong.
    It's an amazing re-tooling they've done on D... supported by the fact that their Cs are such good two-way players.

BTW - the three remaining teams boast some of the best two-way center groups in the game.
    I haven't seen much talk of that in articles (probably because it's just not sexy enough to talk about).

I effin love Patrice Bergeron. One of my 4-5 favourite players.
    IMO, Boston wins another cup... and he's locked up a spot in the HHOF down the road.
    Is there a major medal/cup he doesn't own???

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    That's an interesting note on the sweep-sweep-sweep of PIT/NYI/CAR/BOS.
    I think it stops there, I can't see Boston being swept - they look really strong.
    It's an amazing re-tooling they've done on D... supported by the fact that their Cs are such good two-way players.

BTW - the three remaining teams boast some of the best two-way center groups in the game.
    I haven't seen much talk of that in articles (probably because it's just not sexy enough to talk about).

I effin love Patrice Bergeron. One of my 4-5 favourite players.
    IMO, Boston wins another cup... and he's locked up a spot in the HHOF down the road.
    Is there a major medal/cup he doesn't own???
    Bergeron has 2 records I don't see anyone breaking anytime soon.

-first and only player to win a IIHF World Championship before the IIHF U20 Championship (World Juniors)
    -NHL record 8 straight nominations for the Selke.

He is already a HOFer in my eyes. He has 6 gold medals, 1 stanley cup, tied with most Selke wins in NHL history (4 with Bob Gainey), he has 3yrs left to get 200 pts to get to 1,000 point club (67pts/yr average).
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Bergeron has 2 records I don't see anyone breaking anytime soon.

-first and only player to win a IIHF World Championship before the IIHF U20 Championship (World Juniors)
    -NHL record 8 straight nominations for the Selke.

He is already a HOFer in my eyes. He has 6 gold medals, 1 stanley cup, tied with most Selke wins in NHL history (4 with Bob Gainey), he has 3yrs left to get 200 pts to get to 1,000 point club (67pts/yr average).
    Hard to argue with that. I've liked this guy since his rookie season. Such a smart player and has been the catalyst in the 3 Finals appearences. I have no doubt he will add another Stanley Cup to his collection. Boston is getting better with every game. Kudos to Cassidy as well as I have picked them to lose every series so far. Lol

Administrator

Also kudos to Cassidy for being one of the rare good interviews in hockey. It's a lost art in 2019.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust