Poll: Offended Yes or No?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Anonymous Poll. Was Don Cherry's "you people come here" comment offensive?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Anonymous Poll. Was Don Cherry's "you people come here" comment offensive?

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    If respecting and honouring Canadian Veterans makes you a dinosaur, then I guess I am one.
    So the very first sentence already misses the point.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Anonymous Poll. Was Don Cherry's "you people come here" comment offensive?

YOU PEOPLE, JUST BUY A DAMN POPPY!!!!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    I wrote this in a private forum in response to someone referring to Don Cherry as a 'dinosaur' in addition to all the SJW rhetoric. I am just going to copy it in full here:

If respecting and honouring Canadian Veterans makes you a dinosaur, then I guess I am one.

This insane Cancel Culture BS is creating an atmosphere of intimidation and fear in our country (and all of the West). Many of the people decrying Don Cherry more than likely voted for Trudeau last month. Wearing blackface more times than he can remember, kicking women out of the Cabinet because they don't toe the fake feminist line he pushes, and ethics violations are just fine with the SJW Leftist mob, but Don Cherry is a bigot because he is calling out people for not being aware or even interested in acknowledging the unbelievable sacrifices that our veterans have made and continue to make.

In my opinion this is "White Guilt" - the idea that Caucasians and the West are responsible for all the evil in the world while greedily exploiting the coloured folk (apparently democracy, human rights, medicine and educational systems are a blight on the globe) - and therefore they have to make up for it by pointing at other white people and calling them bad, which at the same time highlights the fact that they are one of the good ones. "See? I'm so anti-racist that I hate white people! I'm so virtuous! Not like those OTHER white people, they're the bad ones."

Additionally, if you are a "Person of Colour" (apparently that's what they've decided to call us now - it's better than "visible minority") who does not feel oppressed, does not have a resentment towards Caucasians or blame them for all your problems, you are out of the club. These leftist SJW's consider "minorities" inferior oppressed folk who are helpless and just don't know what's good for us - therefore we need custodians and shepherds to protect us and keep us in line when we start thinking for ourselves. If we aren't offended, they'll be offended for us whether we like it or not. And lucky for us, THEY KNOW WHAT WE NEED.

Both of my parents are immigrants to this country (I was born here) and they are in full agreement with Don, as am I. But that means they're out of the club and bad. Those immigrants' opinions don't count. Because.

And I'll leave you with this. Remember this next year you racist pigs, laying a wreath on Remembrance Day is just wrong and bigoted:

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/ubc-professor-...mony-1.4681008

Well done. So very well done.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    OK whatever you say
    See there you go. You're telling me what you think I intended. Even though I know what I intended. I wrote it. Who is in a better position to say ?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    See there you go. You're telling me what you think I intended. Even though I know what I intended. I wrote it. Who is in a better position to say ?
    Self-awareness is lacking here

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Self-awareness is lacking here
    Ok, I guess that must be the issue. Thank you for enlightening me, as you always do. For everybody. Everywhere.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    YOU PEOPLE, JUST BUY A DAMN POPPY!!!!
    Plot twist: Don Cherry owns a poppy farm.

Dobber Sports Pro

https://twitter.com/RoyalCdnLegion/s...99991557312515

The Royal Canadian Legion
    ‏Verified account @RoyalCdnLegion

1/2
    Mr. Cherry’s personal opinion was hurtful, divisive and in no way condoned by the Legion. We do remain appreciative of his passionate support for Veterans.
    1:12 PM - 11 Nov 2019 from Ottawa, Ontario

595 replies 856 retweets 3,276 likes

The Royal Canadian Legion
    ‏Verified account @RoyalCdnLegion
    Nov 11

2/2

We know many new Canadians understand and welcome the tradition of the red poppy and will continue to educate all citizens about the significance of this powerful symbol.
    Seems like the people in charge at the Legion did not like what he said either
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    So the very first sentence already misses the point.
    Agreed. The entire premise of the article is based on a false narrative found in the opening statement.

As if anybody is actually insinuating that honouring veterans is antiquated or wrong. Who buys this bs?
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Padawan

The least you people can do is pay 2 bucks for a poppy.

The whole point is the poppy. The whole point of his rant (as it was every single year) is to honour the soldiers.

Dobber Sports Star

The least you people can do is pay 2 bucks for a poppy.

The whole point is the poppy. The whole point of his rant (as it was every single year) is to honour the soldiers.
    Still conveniently leaving out the important part of what he said. You really just don't even get it.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Still conveniently leaving out the important part of what he said. You really just don't even get it.

Honouring the soldiers is the important part of what he said.

Dobber Sports Ninja

And yet not the offensive part.

Dobber Sports Star

Fine, the important part of what he said relative to why the **** any of us are talking about it. The xenophobic part.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    You're only looking with your eyes half open and seeing what you want to see.

Everyone knows "what" he said but those that are offended are missing the point because they are so blinded by their "offendedness" (if thats even a word). BUY A POPPY!

Why do I feel like we are chasing our tail here LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."