Thread: Room for Giroux and Couturier.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Room for Giroux and Couturier.

The team in last place in league below is selling assets for picks. Two of those are Giroux and Couturier.

Adding Couturier would be a great add, but given he’s C only, and that I already have four C only players I can’t see how I’d make it work scheduling wise as even with two Utility spots there would be nights when I’d have to sit one Centre.

At the same time I don’t think I should be getting rid of any of my other Centres. Trochek is having a great year; Malkin seems to be turning around; Dubois will do well in Winnipeg and Eichel has great keeper value and would be a big sell low.

any suggestions or should I just leave things as they are?
    TEAM (Previous Year's Keepers in Bold):
    Centres: Eriksson Ek, Crosby, Bennett and Lindholm
    Wingers: Kucherov, J Robertson, Fiala, Wilson, Stone (IR), Konecny (DTD), Terry, Toffoli
    Dmen: Josi, Dobson, Seider, Letang and Montour
    Goalies: Hellebuyck, Demko, Gibson and Ersson

CATS:
    Skater Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hit, Blk
    Goalie Cats: GS, W, GAA, SA, SV%

Roster:
    2LW, 2RW, 2C, 4D, 2Util, 2 G

12 team, 6-keeper league (keeper cost based on draft position; keeper cost increases by 2 rnds each year until hits 5th round cost, then increases by 1 rnd each year), 19 rnd draft. Undrafted FA pick ups cost 18th round pick to keep.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Room for Giroux and Couturier.

What league platform do you use? Is it possible that Dubois gets dual-eligibilty to winger after playing some games on the win?

If Dubois can get dual eligibility,
    I think adding Couturier in a deal would be great.
    Then you could get rid of one of your bottom wingers.

If not, then I still think Giroux is a decent add with his LW eligibility.
    He is better than some of your bottom wingers.

it would also help to know what the keeper costs are of everyone you have on your roster, or what Giroux/Couturier keeper value would be.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Prodigy

We're on Yahoo, so Dubois is unlikely to get LW eligibility unless he plays LW for 10 games or so, which doesn't seem likely.

Of my team, Eichel would cost a 4th, Dubois a 7th, Trocheck an 18th.
    Wingers: Vrana 15th, Batherson 18th, Stutzle 11th, Lafreniere 7th, Garland 18th, Greenway 18th

The other forwards would be too expensive to keep as between 1-3 round costs. Of Dmen, only Muzzin would be reasonable at a 10th.

Giroux would cost a 4th and Couts a 3rd, so they'd be more rentals than good keeper value.

I was thinking Giroux might be a good replacement for Vrana. If Laffy's recent production drops, perhaps I let him back into the FA pool as I just picked him up from FA few days ago (in a Keep 6, we have to be much more ruthless about who we keep).
    Wingers: Kucherov, J Robertson, Fiala, Wilson, Stone (IR), Konecny (DTD), Terry, Toffoli

CATS:

Roster:

12 team, 6-keeper league (keeper cost based on draft position; keeper cost increases by 2 rnds each year until hits 5th round cost, then increases by 1 rnd each year), 19 rnd draft. Undrafted FA pick ups cost 18th round pick to keep.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Giroux is a pretty good rental for you. I had to double check for FOW as those 2 guys are great for that cat, sadly, you don't have it.

I think Couturier will likely be better than DuBois the rest of the way, but lineup issues may make that not such a good move.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks. Who do you think I send back? I like some of the young guns I have, but assume Vrana is probably most movable piece and we sort of know what he is already (and how the Caps unfortunately see him).

CATS:

Roster: