Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Karlsson to the oilers (imagined)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Karlsson to the oilers (imagined)

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    I agree, but I as confident as I am that Karlsson is staying in Ottawa, the combination of my hatred for Melnyk and Vegas’ cap space scares the hell out of me.
    Believes Karlsson will re-sign. Hates Melnyk! I'm going to go out on a limb a guess you're a Sens fan?
    12 team Keeper League.
    25 man roster, 5 man bench, 2 prospects, keep 9. Must ice 4D, 1 Goalie
    Skaters 1pt G/A,
    Goalies .05pts per save, 1pts SO, .75pts per win -.25 for GA

Forwards
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Eichel, Backstrom, Svechnikov, Stone, Meier, Perron, Voracek, Wilson, Pearson, Vrana, E. Stall, Pajeau

Defence
    Hedman, Klingberg, Letang, Yandle

Goalie
    Bobrovsky

Bench
    Ritchie (G), Zucker, Guentzel, Neal, Ekblad (D)

Prospects
    Zegras, Kaprisov

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by DAAKS View Post
    Believes Karlsson will re-sign. Hates Melnyk! I'm going to go out on a limb a guess you're a Sens fan?
    I like Melnyk... anything that assists in the Sens sucking
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by DAAKS View Post
    Yup, one of the few normal ones unfortunately.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Padawan

Ottawa will trade EK at the draft to Buffalo for that 1st overall pick along with other pieces coming back to the Sens. Ottawa will then ship off Hoffman plus their 4th overall to Cgy for Hamilton, Bennett and Gillies. I will then win the lotto max and buy you all a beer. GO FLAMES!!!
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I like Melnyk... anything that assists in the Sens sucking
    I laughed at this. Entirely accurate if Karlsson ends up leaving, which I doubt.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala

MINORS:

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    Ottawa will trade EK at the draft to Buffalo for that 1st overall pick along with other pieces coming back to the Sens. Ottawa will then ship off Hoffman plus their 4th overall to Cgy for Hamilton, Bennett and Gillies. I will then win the lotto max and buy you all a beer. GO FLAMES!!!
    As a Sens fan, I would actually support all of this. The trade to Calgary isn’t the greatest, but I could live with it.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala

MINORS:

Dobber Sports Padawan

As a Sens fan, I would actually support all of this. The trade to Calgary isn’t the greatest, but I could live with it.
    Or was it the free beer?
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Padawan

If you think about it, though, Dougie may not be at EK's level, but he's cheaper AND still very good. Bennett is coming up to his 4th year and perhaps that is when he will bust through. Plus, maybe playing on a top / 2nd line will help him improve? He did pretty good with Johnny and Money. I like his grit but I just don't see Calgary using him in a way that is going to make him any better. I think they have hurt his development.

Dobber Sports Legend

Something tells me if Karlsson is traded, it will be to:

1. Vegas
    2. Tampa Bay
    3. Colorado

I don't see him committing long-term to Edmonton or Calgary, which will significantly hurt the return they would get for him. I could also see San Jose, but I think Karlsson will want to win, and the Sharks are definitely starting the downhill trend.

Colorado seems like an "odd" team, but I think they are a stealth team in this mix because they currently own Ottawa's "unprotected" 1st in 2019, which could be in play for Jack Hughes if the Sens do, in fact, deal Karlsson for a kids / picks / prospects combo meal.

I also think Karlsson's friendship with Landeskog... and the Avs awesome, young core make them an interesting dark horse in a Karlsson sweepstakes. Especially since they have a ton of cap space. It also doesn't hurt that Peter Forsberg played his career there, if Karlsson picks his brain about the organization, living area and fan support, etc.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    It kind of worked for Pittsburgh.
    Crosby, Malkin, and Kessel took up 34.5% of the cap on average during their last two cups. What are you going to pay Karlsson? In order to keep the same 34.5% of the cap, if Karlsson has a cap hit of 12 M, the cap would have to rise to 96 M. If he has a cap hit of 10 M, the cap would have to be approximately 90 M to have that 34.5% percent.

At an 80 M cap, Karlsson, McDavid, and Draisaitl would be at a 40% of the cap if Karlsson signed for 11 M.

So cap hit-wise Edmonton cannot have a big 3 the same way Pittsburgh did.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    Ottawa wouldn?t even ask for anything else . Karlsson for the 1st would be a big overpayment

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Something tells me if Karlsson is traded, it will be to:

1. Vegas
    2. Tampa Bay
    3. Colorado

I don't see him committing long-term to Edmonton or Calgary, which will significantly hurt the return they would get for him. I could also see San Jose, but I think Karlsson will want to win, and the Sharks are definitely starting the downhill trend.

Colorado seems like an "odd" team, but I think they are a stealth team in this mix because they currently own Ottawa's "unprotected" 1st in 2019, which could be in play for Jack Hughes if the Sens do, in fact, deal Karlsson for a kids / picks / prospects combo meal.

I also think Karlsson's friendship with Landeskog... and the Avs awesome, young core make them an interesting dark horse in a Karlsson sweepstakes. Especially since they have a ton of cap space. It also doesn't hurt that Peter Forsberg played his career there, if Karlsson picks his brain about the organization, living area and fan support, etc.
    Just becauae they’re both Swedish doesn’t mean they’re friends. Karlsson and landeskog have very little connection .

Karlsson will re sign at the end of the day . His wife has most of the pull here

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebarnes View Post
    Just becauae they’re both Swedish doesn’t mean they’re friends. Karlsson and landeskog have very little connection .

Karlsson will re sign at the end of the day . His wife has most of the pull here
    Money will help her pull. Not convinced it will be a pull toward long term time in Ottawa.

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Money will help her pull. Not convinced it will be a pull toward long term time in Ottawa.
    She doesn?t have to work another day in her life with her family and husbands wealth. She?s an Ottawa lifer, they both will be living here regardless where karlsson plays nhl

Dobber Sports Monster

I think that may be a fair return for a player that may not sign long term with the Senators. Part of me thinks that Karlsson wants to start fresh somewhere else and I hope he does. Karlsson to the Oilers would be very exciting