Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2 42 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Spoilers!)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Any chance Tyrion and Sansa actually end up together? I doubt it but it’s a nice thought.

Rylant
    No. Tyrion started out pretty awesome, but over the last couple seasons they've turned him into a dud. He needs to die. Perhaps he's the one who kills Dany... and then dies.

I thought tonight's episode was pretty damn solid. I had a hunch for the last few seasons that Dany would turn into her father (the Mad King), but they still executed it pretty well without making it obvious.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Well, just in it for the ride now. Pretty disappointed with this season so far. Obviously the last episode is going to be the Dany/Jon showdown. I predict Jon wins and remains King in the North while passing off the Iron Throne to Gendry. Just out of curiousity, how much fire does a dragon have inside of him, anyway? Don’t his batteries need to recharge or something?

Rylant
    that was some mad carpet bombing last night by that lone dragon

Dobber Sports Expert

Was Walder Frey the last time Arya took someone's face? I was waiting that enitire episode for Qyburn or Jaime to stick Cersei with the pointy end and then rip off their face like a Mission: Impossible movie but nothing!

Dobber Sports Star

Two great inserts from IGN’s review of this episode.
    And as disappointed as I am that the show really does seem to be setting Jon up as the last man standing, despite the fact that he checks all of the cliched "hero's journey" boxes that it initially seemed Martin was out to subvert, it was poignant to watch him realize that the men he fought and bled alongside in "The Long Night" are no better (in fact, they're actually worse) than the Lannisters on the other side. You'd think he would've learned by now that people are all too eager to follow their worst impulses when no one's looking, after what happened among the Night's Watch, but it's a chilling and Purge-like moment nonetheless. One consistent truth in Game of Thrones: Jon Snow still knows nothing.
    And
    And as much as I may gripe about narrative shortcuts and how frustrating it is that the show feels like it's sprinting at the end of a marathon when it could just as easily take its time, even at its worst, Game of Thrones is still better than 90% of other TV shows in terms of its ambition and the time and care it has invested into these characters. The disappointing part is that I was fully expecting to give every episode of this season a 10 out of 10, based on the possibilities laid out for it, and it breaks my heart a little that I'm not feeling the level of awe or satisfaction that I expected to feel. But again, that's on me.
    Rylant

The Great One

On its own, last night's episode was the best ~80 mins of television I have ever watched. It was completely gut-wrenching, emotional, exciting and sad all at the same time.

The only problem I had with the episode is that it further highlighted the flaws in some of the previous episodes. Most notably, Euron was so easily able to kill one of the dragons last week with about 4 or 5 shots that immediately hit the target, yet this week a single dragon was able to burn his entire fleet in about 5 minutes, and then went on to destroy all of King's Landing, and not a single marksman was able to hit the dragon even once. Truthfully, I feel that last night's episode was how it was supposed to happen. I mean, it shouldn't be easy to hit a dragon, but it just made last week's episode a bit contrived. The dragon needed to die and Missandie (sp?) had to be captured and killed for Dany to completely evolve into the Mad Queen.

As I've mentioned before, this is all because the season is too short and they had to rush Dany's transition into the Mad Queen. They couldn't drag it out over multiple episodes, etc. They needed the breaking point to happen quickly in order to get to last night's episode and make it believable.

I loved everything about last night's episode, without question, but it was so good that it showed us what could have been if the previous episodes were handled in the same manner.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ninja

Agreed, last night's episode showed why last week's was so week. Great points. I thought it was brilliant last night.

I have no idea what is going to happen in the final episode, but I can't see Jon surviving it. Once the Lord of Light has had him complete his task, I figure he's done for.

It's too bad this show is done, I'll have to go back to watching nothing on TV again!

Dobber Sports Genius

I liked the episode as well. Great moment between Tyrion and Jaime, as well as the Hound and Arya. With what has gone done in this episode, it seems like a complete crap shoot into what will happen in the last episode. Which honestly watching many epic movies and shows is usually not the case. So for all it's warts, it still will have the audience guessing to the very end.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Ninja

I don't see Jon surviving either... that would be too obvious (and lame IMO).

Perhaps Jon and Dany both die (after one last epic bone fest) and Sansa emerges as the true ruler (and rightful heir). You heard it here first.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Anyone catch the scene where Jaime's golden hand magically sprouted into a real hand again? While he was hugging Cersei, he had two perfectly working paws.

The little details were what set this show apart from everything else on TV. I guess it still is, just for the wrong reasons this season.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I don't see Jon surviving either... that would be too obvious (and lame IMO).

Perhaps Jon and Dany both die (after one last epic bone fest) and Sansa emerges as the true ruler (and rightful heir). You heard it here first.
    at this point , my darkhorse is Gendry to claim the throne . Even is Jon survives / Dani dies he doesnt want the job .

The Starks would have a guy thats in love with Arya ; who might have the next bastard heir to the throne in her belly already.

Dobber Sports Stud

it was a bit strange when the Mountain and the Hound were about to square off and Cersei just slinked past them both... I hated how Cersei and Jamie ended up, dying together under a pile of rubble..

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    at this point , my darkhorse is Gendry to claim the throne . Even is Jon survives / Dani dies he doesnt want the job .

The Starks would have a guy thats in love with Arya ; who might have the next bastard heir to the throne in her belly already.
    I think the best two bets on the board are Sansa #1 and Gendry #2. Gendry due to being the rightful heir dating back to Robert's reign and Sansa for being the most in-charge of the remaining named characters and for fulfilling the "person who has changed the most not named Arya and who has suffered so much, leading to her being on top" narrative. The icky discussion with Clegane in episode 4 signals a desire to have her recognized as having beaten her situation.

I'd take Sansa+Gendry over the field.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Was Walder Frey the last time Arya took someone's face? I was waiting that enitire episode for Qyburn or Jaime to stick Cersei with the pointy end and then rip off their face like a Mission: Impossible movie but nothing!
    I was expecting the same thing, but with a white walker killing the Night King in the last episode. I'm sure there is some reason in the storyline that they couldn't do something cool like that, but I'm too lazy to look it up...

Dobber Sports Master

Anyone think that the Mountain looked like Darth Vader when he was standing on the stairs when the Hound sees them? Then his mask came off as well and he looked like old Anakin.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    I think the best two bets on the board are Sansa #1 and Gendry #2. Gendry due to being the rightful heir dating back to Robert's reign and Sansa for being the most in-charge of the remaining named characters and for fulfilling the "person who has changed the most not named Arya and who has suffered so much, leading to her being on top" narrative. The icky discussion with Clegane in episode 4 signals a desire to have her recognized as having beaten her situation.

I'd take Sansa+Gendry over the field.
    Actually if Jon and Dany both die, then Sansa is the rightful heir to the throne. Sansa is Jon's sister. Jon is the rightful heir. It would be Jon, Dany, Sansa, then Arya.

Robert was a usurper and never had any legitimate claim to the throne...

In any event, Gendry won't end up on the throne. That would be weak as **** lol.