Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Hockey Q&A - April 11, 2014

I...am your father.

Default Fantasy Hockey Q&A - April 11, 2014

Ask me your questions and I'll tell you no lies!

Registration/sign up is surprising quick, newcomers - I guarantee you'll be posting here within 30 seconds. Once you post, I'll need to approve your first one (could take anywhere from five seconds to five hours, depends if I'm online) before it can be seen. After that, you are free to post at will. But I do see your question, don't worry

Anyway, fire away!

One caveat - my knowledge of the 2014 draft is not much better than yours. I start researching for this next week
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: Fantasy Hockey Q&A - April 11, 2014

My dynasty league has to have at least one rookie on our roster every year. Qualifications are the same as the NHL (less than 25 games played/under the age of 26). Who is leading early Calder nominees for next year. Highly touted rookies already on teams. (Drouin, Kuznetsov, Teravainen, Mantha) As well as top goalies (Jake Allen, John Gibson).

Who should I target to pick up at the end of the week for my roster next year and get a jump on the teams before next years draft? Rosters lock Sunday at midnight.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Hi!

In my keeper's league, I own Rask, Bernier and Gibson. I have to choose two of them. Gibson will be the one who wil cost me less to protect and keep better forwards then. My decision will be between Bernier and Gibson.

My question is this: What to expect from John Gibson in terms of stats next year? # of starts, win, ? Do you think there's gonna be a very big differences between im and Bernier.

Thanks!

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by zwambag View Post
    My dynasty league has to have at least one rookie on our roster every year. Qualifications are the same as the NHL (less than 25 games played/under the age of 26). Who is leading early Calder nominees for next year. Highly touted rookies already on teams. (Drouin, Kuznetsov, Teravainen, Mantha) As well as top goalies (Jake Allen, John Gibson).

Who should I target to pick up at the end of the week for my roster next year and get a jump on the teams before next years draft? Rosters lock Sunday at midnight.
    Are you saying those rookies you list are already taken and you want other suggestions? Or you want me to rank those guys?

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by JHouly View Post
    Hi!

In my keeper's league, I own Rask, Bernier and Gibson. I have to choose two of them. Gibson will be the one who wil cost me less to protect and keep better forwards then. My decision will be between Bernier and Gibson.

My question is this: What to expect from John Gibson in terms of stats next year? # of starts, win, ? Do you think there's gonna be a very big differences between im and Bernier.

Thanks!
    I would keep the proven guy and the sure thing - Bernier. Plus, Bernier's upside is every bit as good as Gibson's.

So many variables with Gibson - he could be 0-0-0 next season, or he could be 35-18-9. Does Hiller suck in the playoffs and Gibson takes over and rules? Do the Ducks sign a UFA goalie? Does Andersen rule the postseason if Hiller sucks? So many variables, one guess is as good another. But no way I take Gibson over Bernier

Dobber Sports Rookie

Those guys are already taken. Looking for a couple other options for calder consideration for next year.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hi Dobber,

I've been disappointed with E. Staal and D. Brown this year, what do you foresee for these two guys? Do you think I'm better off holding them or trying to move them...

Thanks!
    12 Team Keeper (keep 15)

Team:
    C - Giroux , Stepan, Backstrom, Fisher, Lethera,
    L - Parise, JVR, Perron
    R - Voracek, Kessel, Hornqvist, Yak, Coyle
    D - Subban, Doughty, Shattenkirk, Buff (RW), Burns (RW), Savard

G - Holtby, Rinne, Darling

12 Team Daily H2H Keeper league with Fantrax
    Roster (14 Kept Players + Prospect for that year - Coyle): 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 6 Bench
    Categories:
    Skaters -
    G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, FOW, SOG, HIT, BLOCK
    Goaltenders -
    W, S, GAA, SV%

Prospects - Grigorenko, Krug, Gibson, Duclair, Carrick, Pirri, S. Bennett, B. Bennett, A. Burakovsky, A. lee, B. Ritchie, Pearson, C. Murphy, Plotnikov, Carrick, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Points-Only Keeper:
    TJ Oshie, Jaden Schwartz, or Jason Pominville.

The Great One

ok, I just posted a thread about Ryan Murray before seeing this...

How many points do you think he gets next year? And generally, what are your thoughts on him long-term.

I've heard lots of hype about him and he was a high draft pick, but offensively he has never had incredible numbers in any league. His career high is only 46 pts in 70 games for Everett. Hardly impressive, to be honest.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Just doing some planning for next season. I have most of my 19 keepers locked in.
    I am fore-surly keeping: Backstrom, Pacioretty, Vanek, Neal, Wheeler, Malkin, Ovechkin, Kane, Shattenkirk, Pietrangelo, Weber, Varlamov, Lundqvist, and Crawford.

I need to choose five more from these players.

Granlund, Johnson, Kuznetsov, Galchenyuk, Kreider, Palat, Kesler, Hudler, and Voynov.

Thank you.
    Fantrax, 11 Team, Points Only, 24 players per team,
    19 Keepers
    Draft 5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 4D, 2G, 7 bench spots
    G and A= 1 point, SO = 3 points, W = 2 points.
    Players:
    C: Crosby, Taveres, R. Strome, B. Schenn
    LW: M. Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Marchand, Voracek, Mangiapane
    RW: Guentzel, Ehlers, Wilson, Mercer, Raymond
    D: Carlson, Krug, Klingberg, McAvoy, Hronek, DeAngelo
    G: Markstrom, Hart, Keumper, Khudobin
    IR: Malkin, Backstrom

Dobber Sports Icon

Team in sig, we keep 14 players including 2 goalies max.

The locks are:

C: Getzlaf/Kopitar
    W: Zetterberg/Gaborik/Pominville
    D: Karlsson/Weber
    G: Lundqvist

Who would you pick as 2nd goalie?

Who would you pick as the other 5 skaters? keep in mind we start 5D each week and either 3C/6W or 4C/5W.

It's a win now team but pretty good young core too, except perhaps at W.

Thanks!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Recruit

What are your thoughts on the following players continuing their breakout years with similar numbers?
    Okposo - will he be 70 + next year with JT back?
    Little - 60 + again?
    Mcdonagh - 40-50 again?
    Simmonds - 50-60 0r 60-70 next year?

I was fortunate enough to draft all these guys this year in later rounds and won my pool thanks to them. I cant hang on to all of them so looking for thoughts.
    Thanks.

Dobber Sports Superstar

What are your thoughts on Jacob Markstrom for next year ? Viktor Fasth? Best chance of being starter? # of starts? W's - upside.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by zwambag View Post
    Those guys are already taken. Looking for a couple other options for calder consideration for next year.
    First off, Mantha won't be on the team next year. Take that to the bank. Not in Detroit. And TT will be a superstar, but it won't happen quickly. I don't believe he'll be a Calder candidate either.

Here are some:

Anders Lee
    Ryan Spooner
    Filip Forsberg
    Jaskin
    Nurse
    Grubauer
    Domi
    Poirier

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by dwestbro View Post
    Hi Dobber,

I've been disappointed with E. Staal and D. Brown this year, what do you foresee for these two guys? Do you think I'm better off holding them or trying to move them...

Thanks!
    I don't think you'd get jack for Brown. But see what the offers are for Staal. Don't be desperate because you're selling low here, but maybe Staal's name carries weight. I consider both of them candidates to bounce back, so even trading them at Christmas you would get more