Thread: Reimer?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Reimer?

I punted goalies in this draft and ended up with Binnington and Demko. Vancouver has been a frustration to say the least this year. Reimer is on the waiver with double the amount of points Demko has so far. SJ is soso but Reimer has been excellent lately. Should I drop Demko for him? H2H points league 4 for win, -2 for GA, .2 for saves, 1 for OTL.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Reimer?

I don't think I'd drop Demko. Do you have any other droppable players? What's your league size?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yeah as a Sharks fan I am not sure about dropping Demko, Vancouvers play can only go up from here and the team wants to give Hill a healthy amount of starts. If you have any other skaters to drop, I would do so as Reimer has been fantastic- especially with his rebound control. The Sharks are a better team than people are giving them credit for, they played a lot of this season with a ton of players on covid protocol and just beat one of the best teams in Carolina. Not saying they are a contender, but they have the ability to sneak in a playoff spot.

Dobber Sports Genius

I wouldn't drop Demko for Reimer. Like it was said above, anything else you can unload to make room for him?
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Not sure I have anyone else I consider droppable to make room. Since MacKinnon is on IR I’ve actually been streaming a goalie each day (or skater if no goalies are appealing depending on matchup). It’s a standard league we are allowed 7 add/drops a week. I could field Reimer and Demko until MacKinnon is back but then I would have to drop either of those goalies or another skater. But as mentioned I feel like my Forwards or Defensemen shouldn’t be dropped?

F -Forsberg, Panarin, Scheifele, Miller, Hyman, Nylander, Duclair, Larkin, Stamkos, Robertson, Rust
    D - Martinez, McAvoy, Rielly, Werenski, Barrie, Josi, Sergachev, Seider
    IR -MacKinnon

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Reimer is useful for spot starts, and in cap leagues. I've got him in a dynasty cap league, and am very happy with him this year so far. I wouldn't drop Demko for him.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

you're pretty deep at F and D, assuming a 10 team league I'd consider putting a package together for trade and streaming F/D instead of goalie

Appreciate all the replies. Of course Reimer got swooped an hour ago as I was on my way into work haha.

That being said Swayman may start tonight vs Buffalo and Husso is starting against Detroit...Hmmm, decisions.
    10 Team H2H Points 1 Year League
    2020 Runner Up, 2021 Champion, 2022 Champion

Dobber Sports Prodigy

unfortunately Ullmark is starting today

Quote Originally Posted by janneywheels View Post
    unfortunately Ullmark is starting today
    Not a lock he tweaked something in morning skate. Swayman could get the nod.
    10 Team H2H Points 1 Year League
    2020 Runner Up, 2021 Champion, 2022 Champion