Thread: Extra dept on d to target a young forward

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Extra dept on d to target a young forward

I'm really deep on defense (Burns, Karlsson, Shattenkirk, Sergachev, Montour,Heiskanen, Brannstrom we count 4) and thinking of dangling one of Brannstrom and / or Heiskanen to acquire a stud young forward. Basically a young forward that the hype has passed but remains a stud. Keep in mind that it's a 20 team league and D are viewed with a premium.

I do need this forward to get 50 pts next year at the very minimum and on a less than 3,5m contract.

First name that comes to mind is Puljujarvi.

Thoughts or any other names ?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Extra dept on d to target a young forward

Dylan Strome
    14teams. 25players
    (14F:8D:3G)Points only
    Goal/Pass= F:1/1 D:2/1
    Wins/SO= 2/2
    12-14 keepers
    F: Draisaitl,Barkov,Matthews,Crosby,Voracek
    D:Carlson,Josi,Theodore,Chabot,Hronek
    G:Vasilevsky,Demko

Dobber Sports Jedi

Eriksson Ek
    Jost
    Kunin
    S. Reinhart
    Beauvillier
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Superstar

No harm in trying I suppose.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Not sure if Brannstrom will have the hype needed for you to land a major 50pt+ young gun. Hieskanen might though...

Puljajarvi - Whoever drafted him had massive expectations. It's possible they are starting to give up and Pulj should play 82gp with between 40-55pts next season.
    D.Strome - I all but gave up on Strome but thanks to his AHL numbers, I think we might see him comeback to life. 45pts next year and then likely a 57pt seasons I'm guessing.
    N.Schmaltz - 52pts this year. I see him breaking out for 63pts next year. Owner will either love him or hate him, no inbetweens.
    S.Reinhart - If the hot finish is out of this guys head, maybe Reinhart is obtainable. I think we finally see him become a force next year with a very solid 60pt season that shows some more consistency
    Fiala - coming off a 48pt season, you likely will have to add to your Dman to get Fiala. I think NSH turns it up offensively with Tolvanen joining the team. Watch for Fiala to make the top 6 and really thrive in the coming years. Not sure what his longterm linemates will be but with Johansen, Forsberg, Arvidsson, Turris, Tolvanen, and Fiala likely filling out the top 6 by 2019-20, I think its safe to call Fiala a future 60-65pt threat atleast.
    DeBrusk - If you can flip Brannstrom for DeBrusk it might match your goals. With his recent playoff push I think DeBrusk makes the top 6 and gets 53pts next year.
    Tuch - 50pts next year is doable. Brannstrom target not Hieskanen.
    Vrana - I like Vrana a lot. I see about 50pts exact next year with room to grow in the coming years

Buchvenich - 43pts last year. So 55pts if he can play all the games next year?
    Bjorkstrand - CBJ have a lot of winger depth but if he performs, I think he cracks the top 6 full time and gets to 55pts next year.
    M.Domi - Rebound is bound to come isn't it?
    K.Hayes - Hard to say what he will make but he will get 55pts next year I think
    Spooner - Salary is unknown but I think he plays second line C next year and follows up with great PP success for around 50-55pts.
    Zuccarello - Bit more money but he is a 50-60pt winger that I believe in for 55+
    MaxPac - Makes more money but is a 60pt threat next year. If you can land him for Hiesk, I would.
    Saad - See Zucc
    Palat - See Zucc
    Nino - Great bounceback candidate. More money but more security

I'm not saying I'd flip Hieskanen for everyone of these guys but for what you have in mind, these are some good targets to look at.
    10 Team - Limited Keeper based off Standings
    G (5 points), A (5), STP (1), PIM (0.3), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blks (.2), W (7 points), SO (7), Saves (0.2), GA (-1)

F:Laine, Eichel, Marner, Keller, Landeskog, Schmaltz, Skinner, Palat, Saad, Domi
    D:Karlsson,Fowler, Klefbom
    G:Talbot, Bishop, Schneider, Crawford
    Prospects:Dubios, DeBrincat, Tuch, Girard, Kerfoot

Keep 13 for 2018, For sure keepers in bold - maybe keepers italic
    2nd Overall Pick 2018

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by red36 View Post
    Not sure if Brannstrom will have the hype needed for you to land a major 50pt+ young gun. Hieskanen might though...

Puljajarvi - Whoever drafted him had massive expectations. It's possible they are starting to give up and Pulj should play 82gp with between 40-55pts next season.
    D.Strome - I all but gave up on Strome but thanks to his AHL numbers, I think we might see him comeback to life. 45pts next year and then likely a 57pt seasons I'm guessing.
    N.Schmaltz - 52pts this year. I see him breaking out for 63pts next year. Owner will either love him or hate him, no inbetweens.
    S.Reinhart - If the hot finish is out of this guys head, maybe Reinhart is obtainable. I think we finally see him become a force next year with a very solid 60pt season that shows some more consistency
    Fiala - coming off a 48pt season, you likely will have to add to your Dman to get Fiala. I think NSH turns it up offensively with Tolvanen joining the team. Watch for Fiala to make the top 6 and really thrive in the coming years. Not sure what his longterm linemates will be but with Johansen, Forsberg, Arvidsson, Turris, Tolvanen, and Fiala likely filling out the top 6 by 2019-20, I think its safe to call Fiala a future 60-65pt threat atleast.
    DeBrusk - If you can flip Brannstrom for DeBrusk it might match your goals. With his recent playoff push I think DeBrusk makes the top 6 and gets 53pts next year.
    Tuch - 50pts next year is doable. Brannstrom target not Hieskanen.
    Vrana - I like Vrana a lot. I see about 50pts exact next year with room to grow in the coming years

Buchvenich - 43pts last year. So 55pts if he can play all the games next year?
    Bjorkstrand - CBJ have a lot of winger depth but if he performs, I think he cracks the top 6 full time and gets to 55pts next year.
    M.Domi - Rebound is bound to come isn't it?
    K.Hayes - Hard to say what he will make but he will get 55pts next year I think
    Spooner - Salary is unknown but I think he plays second line C next year and follows up with great PP success for around 50-55pts.
    Zuccarello - Bit more money but he is a 50-60pt winger that I believe in for 55+
    MaxPac - Makes more money but is a 60pt threat next year. If you can land him for Hiesk, I would.
    Saad - See Zucc
    Palat - See Zucc
    Nino - Great bounceback candidate. More money but more security

I'm not saying I'd flip Hieskanen for everyone of these guys but for what you have in mind, these are some good targets to look at.
    Thanks Great list.

Dobber Sports Ace

I'll add Sam Bennett's name to the list above. He has definitely entered bust territory, with a new coaching staff in place, I think that he will either be given a proper opportunity to prove himself, or get traded away (where he would, presumably, get said opportunity).

Jonathan Drouin would be too expensive for your criteria, but he's another guy worth thinking about.

Robby Fabbri.

Andre Burakovsky.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by tobias View Post
    I'll add Sam Bennett's name to the list above. He has definitely entered bust territory, with a new coaching staff in place, I think that he will either be given a proper opportunity to prove himself, or get traded away (where he would, presumably, get said opportunity).

Jonathan Drouin would be too expensive for your criteria, but he's another guy worth thinking about.

Robby Fabbri.

Andre Burakovsky.
    Bennett makes me sigh. Fabbri & Bura are great adds...

how about Elias Lindholm finally puts it together & hits 60.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Bennett makes me sigh. Fabbri & Bura are great adds...

how about Elias Lindholm finally puts it together & hits 60.
    What are the chances of that happening ...?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Clinkers View Post
    What are the chances of that happening ...?
    I'd say slightly better than 50-50. not ready to give up on him yet

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Meier. Jump while the rod is still just heating up. He wont be so readily available this time next year. May actually be to late now.

It another I’d think about.