0 0%
  • Bruins in 5

2 9.09%
  • Bruins in 6

10 45.45%
  • Bruins in 7

2 9.09%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference Final: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (WC1) Carolina Hurricanes

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Eastern Conference Final: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (WC1) Carolina Hurricanes

lets say the missed calls on both sides were called , who's to say if either team would have capitalized on those missed calls? and do the missed calls favor Boston? , im assuming no. If so , how many missed calls on Boston were there?
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Administrator

Default Re: Eastern Conference Final: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (WC1) Carolina Hurricanes

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby4Ever View Post
    for the Toronto series:

18 called on Boston
    16 called on Toronto
    This is not a good measure of fairness in officiating. That just says they called almost an equal amount of penalties on both sides. Doesn't tell us how many should have been called. I've seen tons of games where the penalties are 3-3 yet it should have been something like 8-4. I'm not calling conspiracy here, just pointing out 18-16 doesn't really get us anywhere.

What the teams do with the power plays is a different conversation.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    This is not a good measure of fairness in officiating. That just says they called almost an equal amount of penalties on both sides. Doesn't tell us how many should have been called. I've seen tons of games where the penalties are 3-3 yet it should have been something like 8-4. I'm not calling conspiracy here, just pointing out 18-16 doesn't really get us anywhere.

What the teams do with the power plays is a different conversation.
    Well i would say 18-16 is a good base , what else can you refer to? Then factor in your missed calls , consensus here would put Boston at even more calls against.

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Administrator

Well i would say 18-16 is a good base , what else can you refer to? Then factor in your missed calls , consensus here would put Boston at even more calls against.
    Wow you're so wrapped up in thinking everything is an anti-Bruins comment that you're making assumptions. All I did was criticize your statement. As for drawing conclusions, I'll let you sort that out with those calling conspiracy.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Wow you're so wrapped up in thinking everything is an anti-Bruins comment that you're making assumptions. All I did was criticize your statement. As for drawing conclusions, I'll let you sort that out with those calling conspiracy.
    No , im just referring to the overall sentiment here regarding missed calls on Boston , wasn't referring specifically to your reply.

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano

The Great One

If there is a conspiracy to help anyone (and there is not), it's definitely San Jose.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Sounds like Brindamour keeping his starter a secret for tonite's game although i think he sticks with Mrazek , read he was in the starters crease at practice. Goin with McElhinney would be the more conservative move as Mrazek is aggressive with shooters and leaves himself out of position at times. Not do or die for Canes but def. a must win obviously.

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    If there is a conspiracy to help anyone (and there is not), it's definitely San Jose.
    Yup... I completely agree... the refs gave San Jose a penalty last night just so they could score a short-handed goal. haha
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Jedi

Sounds like Brindamour keeping his starter a secret for tonite's game although i think he sticks with Mrazek , read he was in the starters crease at practice. Goin with McElhinney would be the more conservative move as Mrazek is aggressive with shooters and leaves himself out of position at times. Not do or die for Canes but def. a must win obviously.
    Down 2-0 ... it's do or die.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Down 2-0 ... it's do or die.
    Actually it’s more like do or slip into coma on the edge of death that you aren’t likely to come back from... but yours has a better ring to it

Dobber Sports Veteran

Canes power play better get it in gear before they are down 3 games to zero. The big point shot from Faulk or Hamilton tonight isn’t working with Rask zoned in. Surprised the Canes haven’t changed up their power play tonight.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Couturier, Zacha
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Nichushkin
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Romanov, KA Miller
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson, Woll, Allen
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Administrator

Did the puck morph into a tennis ball during the final minute?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Actually it’s more like do or slip into coma on the edge of death that you aren’t likely to come back from... but yours has a better ring to it
    All depends on who's writing the song.

Meatloaf... or... Van Halen
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Icon

I don't want to jinx anything because this series is far from over. The fourth win is often the hardest one to get. But I thought this was an interesting story:

Boston could make one of their records less embarrassing by sweeping the Hurricanes

The Bruins swept the Habs in Round 2 only to be swept by the Penguins in the Conference finals.

The 1992 sweep by the Penguins is one of my most vivid early hockey memories. I would have been 8 and I remember watching Game 4 at my sisters house and being in tears and drawing a picture of the Penguins logo and Bruins logo with a broom in the middle of it since the Penguins were up by 4 after the second period. It was the first real taste of heartbreak I remember as a sports fan, a taste I would become familiar with cheering for the Bruins/Red Sox through my entire adolescence. Made it all that much sweeter when my teams started tasting success later on in life though.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Initiate

Gotta love it , Bruins are in the Stanley Cup Final and look unstoppable ridin the Tuukka Train!

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano