Thread: Halak or Reimer?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Halak or Reimer?

This post is mostly cuz of the can Reimer take the starter job away from Mrazek thread. So I have Mrazek as one of my goalies and Halak is my 4th goalie. I was wondering would it be smart to drop Halak and pick up Reimer as insurance or keep Halak who I think is the best back up goalie out there?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Halak or Reimer?

Halak will start between 30-35 games this yr, and can go 20-10 pretty easily, with a 915-918s%, 2.3-2.50gaa.

It all depends on Reimer's potential of taking over Mrazek, and at that point Mrazek turns into a 50% starter. I prefer my 3rd/4th goalie to be the guy you can just toss into your lineup when you know they start and get good stats.

So, I would say, if it's a daily start league, I like Halak, if it's a weekly start league...I don't think it would be ideal to have Mrazek and Reimer as you'll not start both. I get hedging Mrazek's starts with Reimer, but I'm sticking with Halak.

PS. I've had a long day with minimal coffee. I kinda think my reasoning is not a streamlined thought. Sorry
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Halak will start between 30-35 games this yr, and can go 20-10 pretty easily, with a 915-918s%, 2.3-2.50gaa.

It all depends on Reimer's potential of taking over Mrazek, and at that point Mrazek turns into a 50% starter. I prefer my 3rd/4th goalie to be the guy you can just toss into your lineup when you know they start and get good stats.

So, I would say, if it's a daily start league, I like Halak, if it's a weekly start league...I don't think it would be ideal to have Mrazek and Reimer as you'll not start both. I get hedging Mrazek's starts with Reimer, but I'm sticking with Halak.

PS. I've had a long day with minimal coffee. I kinda think my reasoning is not a streamlined thought. Sorry
    It is a daily start league so I can plug in Halak whenever he starts. That is why I drafted him late in the draft. I really don't think Reimer will end up taking the starters job away from Mrazek. Reimer is a good back up on a good team. Last night showed just that. The team scored 6 goals and Reimer allowed 3 goals and he still got a win. That is gonna happen on a good team with a good back up. I do agree that Halak will get 30-35 starts in Boston which is also a great team.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Halak. Rask is more injury prone than Mrazek. Reimer is actually pretty injury prone himself.

Greiss also in a similar role, backup on a solid team.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf06 View Post
    It is a daily start league so I can plug in Halak whenever he starts. That is why I drafted him late in the draft. I really don't think Reimer will end up taking the starters job away from Mrazek. Reimer is a good back up on a good team. Last night showed just that. The team scored 6 goals and Reimer allowed 3 goals and he still got a win. That is gonna happen on a good team with a good back up. I do agree that Halak will get 30-35 starts in Boston which is also a great team.
    Reimer had 50 shots!
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by ddp View Post
    Reimer had 50 shots!
    Yep, I never said Reimer wasn’t a good goalie. Halak saw 35 shots in his start and stopped them all. He is pretty good too.