Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Calgary Flames- Retired

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by InnocentBystander View Post
    big opportunity for backlund.

if he dosn't make something happen, he probably won't get another shot with linemates like this again.
    yep its also a juicy asignment for Glencross ..... maybe he can build on last year rather than regress as I was expecting (didnt think he would get top 6 minutes)

We have to remember that Hudler and Cervenka arent in those lines. My guess is Hudler replaces Glencross, while Cervenka (when healthy) slides in where Backlund is.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    yep its also a juicy asignment for Glencross ..... maybe he can build on last year rather than regress as I was expecting (didnt think he would get top 6 minutes)

We have to remember that Hudler and Cervenka arent in those lines. My guess is Hudler replaces Glencross, while Cervenka (when healthy) slides in where Backlund is.
    you could be right. a lot of it will depend on how this line-up performs out of the gate. with cervenka and hudler coming, the top-9 isn't atrocious and with kipper in net - can this team make the playoffs? can kipper carry them there?

Dobber Sports Genius

The Flames want Tanguay to play Center this year so they will try that for a bit to see if it works out or not. When Hudler and Cervenka come back you will see Backlund and Glencross on the 3rd line.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DerekReese View Post
    When Hudler and Cervenka come back you will see Backlund and Glencross on the 3rd line.
    probably. maybe.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by DerekReese View Post
    The Flames want Tanguay to play Center this year so they will try that for a bit to see if it works out or not. When Hudler and Cervenka come back you will see Backlund and Glencross on the 3rd line.
    I disagree on Backlund going to the 3rd line spot, more like a 2a/2b situation. From the camp reports Backlund and Baertschi are showing some chemistry,if that sticks when the real games start you could see three scoring lines and an energy line in Calgary.
    12 Team H2H keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, GWG & SOG. W, GAA, SV% & SHO
    Daily changes, Start: 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 1F 2W 2G - 10 Bench

Banned

you guys probably already heard this, but others may not have...courtesy of Fantrax:

(1/16/13) Jiri Hudler's father, Jiri Sr., has passed away at the age of 50. Hudler left the team on Monday to return to the Czech Republic. "(Monday) when I sat with (Hudler), I told him I lost my dad when I was 18 years old," said Calgary Flames coach Bob Hartley. "It's something you never want to happen, but unfortunately it's part of life. We got the news sometime before (Tuesday's) practice, but I didn't think that was the right time for the coach to call the player. He has bigger things on his mind. Taking care of his family." The funeral is on Friday, so don't expect him to be available for the Flames' season opener. We'd like to extend our condolences to Jiri Hudler and his family.

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Giordano

It's early in the season, but it seems like Giordano is getting very little power play time (Wideman getting the majority). Can anyone offer some insight into this? If this trend continues it has got to seriously impact Gio's points potential.

Thanks,

10 team Keeper (ESPN Pts)
    G,A,+/-,H,BS
    Weights on Goals & D Pts

C: Getzlaf, Ennis, Duchene, Weiss
    LW: Hall, Pacioretty, Moulson, Fleischmann, Silfverberg
    RW: Neal, Kessel, E. Cole, C. Smith
    D: Kronwall, Seabrook, Streit, J. Johnson, Giordano, J. Carlson, Hedman, Gardiner, A. Macdonald
    G: Lehtonen, Anderson, Theodore

Dobber Sports Guru

some line juggling at practice:

Roger Millions ‏@RogMillions
    Glencross with Tanguay and Stempniak..as #Flames try some other combos..Cammalleri, backlund and Iginla..

Baertschi Stajan and Comeau also a new trio. #Flames

Pat Steinberg ‏@Fan960Steinberg
    #Flames lines this morning: Glencross-Tanguay-Stempniak; Cammalleri-Backlund-Iginla; Baertschi-Stajan-Comeau; Horak/Begin-Jones-Jackman
    Like the second line, wish Baertschi was getting a shot where Stemniak is.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Glencross was back with the Iggy/Tanguay duo last night... and while he doesn't seem like a prototypical first line player he does seem to make that line click. His net presence has also taken a few steps up as well... very good to see from him.

Baertschi is struggling for sure. It seems he's just not able to get any free ice. I know him and Backlund had great chemistry in the AHL, but it's not coming through right now on the 3rd line.

Definite concerns about Gio's lack of production... running Tanguay on the point puts Gio on the PP2, but it seems that unit gets very little ice-time. To be honest, I don't see that changing either. I think he'll struggle to get 20 points this year.
    XGL - 16 Team, Points Dynasty League
    $114M cap, 54+ Players, Year #16 - 1st(6x): 08, 12-13, 16, 18-19

F(9+3R): Rantanen, P Kane, Bergeron, Lindholm, Tarasenko, Kadri, Olofsson+
    R: Newhook, Perfetti+
    D(5+2R): Makar, Hronek, Dunn, Sanheim, Andersson
    R: Seider, Harley+

G(2+1R): Price, Varly

WHL - 24 Team Dobber League (Lake Valley Thunder) - 2020/21 Champion
    F: Aho, Bergeron, OV, Hintz, Hoffman+
    D: Hedman, Makar, Werenski, Hronek+
    G: Andersen, Lankinen, Oettinger
    R: Reichel, Timmins, Bjornfot, Cormier, Johnston+

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Gio / Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by First Round Pick View Post
    Glencross was back with the Iggy/Tanguay duo last night... and while he doesn't seem like a prototypical first line player he does seem to make that line click. His net presence has also taken a few steps up as well... very good to see from him.

Baertschi is struggling for sure. It seems he's just not able to get any free ice. I know him and Backlund had great chemistry in the AHL, but it's not coming through right now on the 3rd line.

Definite concerns about Gio's lack of production... running Tanguay on the point puts Gio on the PP2, but it seems that unit gets very little ice-time. To be honest, I don't see that changing either. I think he'll struggle to get 20 points this year.
    Thanks First Round Pick!

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Giordano

Thanks First Pick!

Dobber Sports Guru

Giordano looks rusty/out of game-shape. Will be a good buy-low a month from now.

Dobber Sports Guru

Baertschi out

So now we know, the #Flames release Sven Baertschi injury info: hip flexor, week-to-week.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Baertschi out
    He should probably sit anyways. He is having a hard time adjusting to the NHL. Maybe watching from the press box will do him good.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Guru

Cervenka will play tonight

Cervenka will be in the lineup according to Hartley. #Flames

Hartley says Cervenka WILL play tonight vs Avs