Page 395 of 412 FirstFirst ... 295 345 385 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 405 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,925 of 6179

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I thought we were just saying stats that hurt Leaf fans.

Both are just as relevant as the other to me.
    Yes, there is no difference. It's just a shame that this market hasn't seen a Stanley Cup champion in 56 years. Not even a FINALIST. If i'm not mistaken, they've only been in the Conference Final just one time. It's one of the richest and most prestigious team in the any sport, and it's also a shame that this organization won't allow another organization to set up in the GTA. The market is there for it. Instead, they deny kids the opportunity to actually see them play live because most parents don't have an extra $500 to take their kid to a game. It seems that this team only caters to the rich and their greed supersedes their fan base.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I am going to sound a bit ignorant here but can someone explain to me why Spencer Carbery is a hot commodity in the coaching circles to be hired. Serious question, not trying to be facetious at all.
    I'd say who? but I didn't have to say that with Mike Babcock, and look where that got them. If this team had the right coach, they could have won it all this year. They were that good.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    It's also a shame that this organization won't allow another organization to set up in the GTA. The market is there for it. Instead, they deny kids the opportunity to actually see them play live because most parents don't have an extra $500 to take their kid to a game. It seems that this team only caters to the rich and their greed supersedes their fan base.
    There's been conversations over the years about another team in the GTA but nothing has materialized. What you described is applicable to practically every major market team in north america.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I am going to sound a bit ignorant here but can someone explain to me why Spencer Carbery is a hot commodity in the coaching circles to be hired. Serious question, not trying to be facetious at all.
    C'mon because it's Toronto man!!
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Titan

Yes, there is no difference. It's just a shame that this market hasn't seen a Stanley Cup champion in 56 years. Not even a FINALIST. If i'm not mistaken, they've only been in the Conference Final just one time. It's one of the richest and most prestigious team in the any sport, and it's also a shame that this organization won't allow another organization to set up in the GTA. The market is there for it. Instead, they deny kids the opportunity to actually see them play live because most parents don't have an extra $500 to take their kid to a game. It seems that this team only caters to the rich and their greed supersedes their fan base.
    Ya, it's almost like it's a business that has to cater to shareholders and what not. They have had the best Leafs rosters at the worst times is my take. It's crazy to think the Leafs have 5 top 25 points leaders (for Leafs) on the roster and have 1 series win.

The main issue isn't really the team with ticket prices. They set the season ticket amount to roughly 15,000 tickets and their capacity is like 18,500. So they have 3,500 tickets for sale for every game, but then you need to remove a few to players families, special guests, giveaways and what not. So the Leafs typically sell likely 3,000 tickets/game. They have so many season tickets because of the renewal rate of 99.5% and the length of the waitlist. If you are at the end of the waitlist today, it's estimated it would take you 250 yrs to get access to tickets.

The Leafs also made it to the conference finals 93, 94, 99, and 02 in "recent" history.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    There's been conversations over the years about another team in the GTA but nothing has materialized. What you described is applicable to practically every major market team in north america.
    Yes, there have been conversations over the years, and the people that make strong cases for another team, suddenly disappear. Well compensated, i'm sure. Also, most major markets in NA do have multiple teams. NY, Chi an LA all have multiple teams in MLB. NY and LA in the NHL. NY and LA in the NBA. The GTA isn't far behind NY, CHI or LA in population and they all seem to make it work in those cities.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Ya, it's almost like it's a business that has to cater to shareholders and what not. They have had the best Leafs rosters at the worst times is my take. It's crazy to think the Leafs have 5 top 25 points leaders (for Leafs) on the roster and have 1 series win.

The main issue isn't really the team with ticket prices. They set the season ticket amount to roughly 15,000 tickets and their capacity is like 18,500. So they have 3,500 tickets for sale for every game, but then you need to remove a few to players families, special guests, giveaways and what not. So the Leafs typically sell likely 3,000 tickets/game. They have so many season tickets because of the renewal rate of 99.5% and the length of the waitlist. If you are at the end of the waitlist today, it's estimated it would take you 250 yrs to get access to tickets.

The Leafs also made it to the conference finals 93, 94, 99, and 02 in "recent" history.
    Yes, and the waiting list is pretty much my point. A second team in the GTA wouldn't hurt the Leafs. The have the history and prestige that made their fans die hards. The 3,000 tickets left over for the rest of the 7 or so million people in the GTA is just sad. Those tickets end up selling for probably 3 or 4 times their actual price by the time they get to the person actually going to the game.

Dobber Sports Titan

I also honestly don't think a team in Hamilton could be supported unless it was a winning team. There's not a lot of money really in Hamilton to the level of a major city, same with corporations

Hamilton couldn't truly support an AHL team, and an OHL team was struggling. The NLL Rock are being successful because tickets are $35, and reached a Hamilton record of like 11,000 attendees this past season.

I feel like Halifax would be able to support a team better than Hamilton. Hamilton is a pipe dream Leaf haters and Toronto (the city) haters keep trying to believe. It makes no sense to expand/relocate there and it's not the Leafs blocking it.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hamilton would never fly. I don't even know where these ideas come from... probably people who've never been to Hamilton lol

Dobber Sports Stud

I'd say who? but I didn't have to say that with Mike Babcock, and look where that got them. If this team had the right coach, they could have won it all this year. They were that good.

#LOL

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Titan

Sounds like Treliving is getting the job soon. Dreger tweeted out something about it happening soon.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Didn't really know where to put this....but Steve Dangle is leaving Sportsnet for SDPN. I didn't even know what that is until today.....

Steve “Dangle” Glynn
    @Steve_Dangle
    I'm Going SDPN Full-Time
    youtube.com
    I'm Going SDPN Full-Time
    Steve Dangle explains his decision to leave Sportsnet and his plans for the future. SPONSOR: https://sportsinteraction.com/sdpnSDPN: https://www.sdpn.ca/SDPN...
    9:01 AM · Jun 7, 2023
    ·
    Views

Dobber Sports Titan

More Adam Wylde and his laugh that sounds like he's reading "HA HA HA" off a prompter...ugh.

Honestly, it's the right move, they have enough resources to do all the stuff Dangle did with SN. And he can spend more time with his kid, and put more responsibility on Wylde and Blake. They might not get Chris Johnson or other SN guys on their show though, but they have enough ties there where they might have reached a compromise on that.

Dobber Sports Deity

SDPN stands for Steve Dangle Podcast Network so Dangle has already been a part of that, seeing as it's his network. I'd say he's leaving Sportsnet to work full time on his own gig. The Chris Johnston Podcast has been on this network for a while. CJ and Julien were talking about the new SDPN building on a recent podcast actually so it sounds like Dangle is taking this to another level.

https://sdpn.ca/
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Rumours of Matthews contract situation is that he will re-sign with the Leafs, but nothing suggests he will sign July 1st. They aren't worried about him leaving, but the dollars and yrs aren't hammered otu.

Now they are focusing on Nylander more, which makes sense if they know what's happening with Matthews. But there's no indications on what will happen with Nylander. And why would Nylander sign before Matthews when he can use Matthews dollar as a benchmark.

It does sound though that Nylander wants around 9m aav. Which, honestly isn't bad value for him if he is a PPG player who performs in the playoffs.