Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pulock frustration?

Administrator

Default Re: Pulock frustration?

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    I own him in my points only money league. We are only aloud 3 moves per season so you have to be certain about dropping players. I’m strongly considering dropping Pulock once Shea Weber returns.
    In a league with just 3 moves I'd hesitate to do anything barring injury. It's not like Pulock has been terrible.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    In a league with just 3 moves I'd hesitate to do anything barring injury. It's not like Pulock has been terrible.
    If Shea Weber is available I would not hesitate to make that move or to keep both as Pulock is going to be stuck behind Leddy for PP1 in the short/mid-term and Weber is the top option in Montreal - in my league settings which count blks and hits in addition to standard categories Weber was a top 60 player before his injury and Weber’s depending on reacclimation time post injury will be the better player to own in a 1-3 year window.

Pulock has not been bad, he’s performed as I’d have expected him to this season. I like Pulock a lot - just don’t expect his upside to top Weber’s in the short/mid term

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by FFleming5 View Post
    If Shea Weber is available I would not hesitate to make that move or to keep both as Pulock is going to be stuck behind Leddy for PP1 in the short/mid-term and Weber is the top option in Montreal - in my league settings which count blks and hits in addition to standard categories Weber was a top 60 player before his injury and Weber’s depending on reacclimation time post injury will be the better player to own in a 1-3 year window.

Pulock has not been bad, he’s performed as I’d have expected him to this season. I like Pulock a lot - just don’t expect his upside to top Weber’s in the short/mid term
    Obviously the person in the league knows his situation better than we do. I'd just have trouble making this swap because I don't believe Weber's benefit (let's say 10-15 extra points down the stretch) is enough. Usually those moves are used when someone blows an ACL and will get you ZERO points moving forward.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Obviously the person in the league knows his situation better than we do. I'd just have trouble making this swap because I don't believe Weber's benefit (let's say 10-15 extra points down the stretch) is enough. Usually those moves are used when someone blows an ACL and will get you ZERO points moving forward.
    Agree OP would know best - it’s just that Weber May be a top 10-15 defenseman in a league with these settings: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks.

That may be depending on how he recovers - but in Weber’s last full season he was a top 60 skater in my league - which has similar settings. He was also a top 70 guy when he went down last year.

It’s not too often you get a shot at adding a player with an ability to make that big an impact - could turn into a keeper asset as well.

Weber is an absolute beast in these settings.

In 16-17 (his last full year - 78 gp) 17G; 25A; 22 PPP; 183 SOG; 140 Hits; 157 BLKs

In a bangers league I say these numbers are a pretty huge add off the wire

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by FFleming5 View Post
    Agree OP would know best - it’s just that Weber May be a top 10-15 defenseman in a league with these settings: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks.

That may be depending on how he recovers - but in Weber’s last full season he was a top 60 skater in my league - which has similar settings. He was also a top 70 guy when he went down last year.

It’s not too often you get a shot at adding a player with an ability to make that big an impact - could turn into a keeper asset as well.

Weber is an absolute beast in these settings.

In 16-17 (his last full year - 78 gp) 17G; 25A; 22 PPP; 183 SOG; 140 Hits; 157 BLKs

In a bangers league I say these numbers are a pretty huge add off the wire
    Did you not read the post I was replying to? POINTS ONLY MONEY LEAGUE

Dobber Sports Initiate

Did you not read the post I was replying to? POINTS ONLY MONEY LEAGUE
    Apologies! I missed that btw

Big Daddy

Thanks for the discussion guys. There seemed to be some confusion. I’m not the original poster, just mentioned that I was considering dropping Pulock. I didn’t intend to high-jack this thread. Sorry about that.