Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tavares for Hall straight up?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Tavares for Hall straight up?

Bacially a points league, who would you want going forward? For 1st team in signature.
    1st teamC: S. Aho, E. Malkin, W. Karllson, B. Nelson
    LW: B. Marchand, A. Ovechkin, J. Zucker, N. Niederreiter, A. Svechnikov,

RW: D. Perron, J. Kyrou, C. Keller, D. Strome, T. Toffoli, C. Perfetti,
    D: j. Carlson, D. Hamilton, R. Andersson, F. Hronek,J. Spurgeon
    G: , C. Hellybuck, J. Ottinger, A. Vasilevskiy

2nd team
    C: E. Lindholm, J. Pavelski, JT Miller, R. Johansen, A. Killorn, B. Jenner(IR)

LW: , B. Marchand, A. Mangiapane, T. Toffoli, J. Gaudreau

RW: P. Kane, Pasta, D. Perron, T. Wilson, N. Schmaltz, M. Tkackuk
    D: J. Carlson, A. Pietriangelo, C. McAvoy, N. Schmidt, J. Trouba, J. Morrissey
    G: J. Markstrom, C. Hellybuyck, T. Jarry

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Tavares for Hall straight up?

Tavares. Tavares for sure! Tavare is on a Leafs team that there is lots of secondary scoring that will help Tavares get secondary points.

Between Hall's injuries and the lack of secondary scoring shown last year...

Dobber Sports Monster

Tavares for me, but it's close enough where I could see you making that trade for positional reasons and not have an issue with it.

I own Hall as well. Durability is somewhat of an issue, but I don't worry about him as much these days. He's changed the way he plays and the league has also changed the way it plays where people arent getting destoryed against the boards as much. But he has been up and down even when healthy. He is eventually going to need some help. A healthy Johansson and Hischier on the rise helps, but it's not the same as the cast JT will have for the next few years.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hall for me, without question.

Administrator

Tavares

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sage

If positions matter its probably hall for me. That said if I owned Tavares I wouldn't do the deal straight up; leaf hype and halls injury history. I just think you can get more.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Tavares production goes back down to 75ish next season. It wouldn't shock me if he hit 90 either but I think 75ish is more likely. I see Hall, as long as he's healthy, as ai ppg player (or slightly better) going forward and he pushes jerseys offense in all situations. Add in that center is by far the easiest position to fill and it's pretty clear to me that hall is probably the better own in most leagues.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Genius

JT for me. Not by a wide margin though.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I have both and I would pick Tavares. But I wouldnt blame if you rolled the dice on Hall, but Tavares is definitely the safest bet (which probably the same upside)
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm going with JT , him with marner/nylander may be something special

Dobber Sports Genius

I could flip a coin and be happy with either side. Hall plays the LW (not many 90 point league MVPs on LW). Tavares plays C (lots of assists). Hall has a leser supporting cast (more responsibility). Tavares is one of many weapons (more options). You could spin this either way.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Ace

In terms of predicting points, it's a toss up. Maybe a slight edge to Hall.

In terms of trade value should things go a bit south, I would want Tavares. Lots of Leafs homers in the leagues that I am in.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It's close. while I really do like your LW depth, Hall makes it even better, slotting in as your #1/2 LW. You have Crosby/Seguin at C already, and Staal should be okay.

How many do you start? Really will likely come down to that.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    It's close. while I really do like your LW depth, Hall makes it even better, slotting in as your #1/2 LW. You have Crosby/Seguin at C already, and Staal should be okay.

How many do you start? Really will likely come down to that.
    We start 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 2 F, 4 D, 1 F/D and 2 G So, start 15, with 10 on the bench. Line-ups are set daily.

2nd team

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by knoble View Post
    We start 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 2 F, 4 D, 1 F/D and 2 G So, start 15, with 10 on the bench. Line-ups are set daily.
    Hall is better for your team than JT. Staal will be fine as your 3rd C and JT isn't a better start than Crosby, Seguin should have a bounce back.

Where Hall will be your best LW. Id still try to get an add on to him but I'm liking the deal for you more and more.

Just a suggestion but you could always look to send him a left wing back as you have depth there but no top end talent outside of benn. I'm not sure what his centers look like but maybe something like JT and Lee or Gourde for Hall and a better center than Staal?

You've put together a nice team there and it's hard to find a weakness. Id say your weakest top end talent spot is LW (which you can see by how many LW's you stacked on your team considering you only start 2), and this trade addresses it. You should be competing for championships for several years with or without this trade but I like how it balances your positions. I'd like to see another piece in your favor though considering JT is a leaf and the hype surrounding it.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Hall is better for your team than JT. Staal will be fine as your 3rd C and JT isn't a better start than Crosby, Seguin should have a bounce back.

Where Hall will be your best LW. Id still try to get an add on to him but I'm liking the deal for you more and more.

Just a suggestion but you could always look to send him a left wing back as you have depth there but no top end talent outside of benn. I'm not sure what his centers look like but maybe something like JT and Lee or Gourde for Hall and a better center than Staal?

You've put together a nice team there and it's hard to find a weakness. Id say your weakest top end talent spot is LW (which you can see by how many LW's you stacked on your team considering you only start 2), and this trade addresses it. You should be competing for championships for several years with or without this trade but I like how it balances your positions. I'd like to see another piece in your favor though considering JT is a leaf and the hype surrounding it.
    I realize I'm a little scattered here but another option that has arisen is a trade of Tarasenko and a 3rd for gaudreau? Not sure how realistic this one is from the other GMs perspective but he didn't shoot the idea down yet. Is that something to pursue instead of hall?

2nd team