Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: The Karlsson's stalker

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: The Karlsson's stalker

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Senators definitely knew before May. They are just saying May because of the paper trail (restraining order) says May.

Karlsson definitely confronted Hoffman on Senators property, so no way the management didn't know. BUT, if a team is smart enough, and see Hoffman on the trade block on a team that needs youth and offense, they look into it. All it takes is asking someone close to the team how Hoffman is.

Hoffman and Karlsson have played together since 2011, EK divorced his first wife in 2013, and married Melinda in 2017 (started dating summer 2014). And funny enough Hoffman made his first big season in 2014-15 (Erik Karlsson 66pt season). Hoffman's fiancee reportedly had a weird fascination with Melinda since the beginning. So there was 2014-2017 of weirdness between Melinda and Hoffman's Fiancee. Then once Melinda was pregnant it seems this started, so yeah, I can't see how the ownership couldn't have known anything about this. Heck I know of people's discomfort with each other at my work and I don't spend days on end together with them (like traveling together or running special projects like wives/GFs do)
    I think you?re going too deep here. Either way player wives and girlfriends are not team employees and management would not get involved or monitor their social media account

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebarnes View Post
    I think you?re going too deep here. Either way player wives and girlfriends are not team employees and management would not get involved or monitor their social media account
    1. I just read in the Ottawa Team Thread that Melnyk knew about it

2. If something happened in the parking lot of a team facility. A coach would hear about it and should def be figuring it out to tell the upper management.

3. PR reps would hear something over 3yrs.

4. To think I am going too deep into this sounds something Melnyk would say to someone who would have brought this up to him. (I 100% understand how this contradicts to point 1, but point 4 is a joke)
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm saying PR reps would hear about it from the inner workings of projects that get run by the players wives/GF over the years. Or team outings. People gossip, something would have come out to create a red flag before this happened, and then once this started it should have been on their radar easily.

I think it's too unrealistic to think the team didn't know. Or someone in the system in management (coaching staff, GM, Owner, PR reps, social media reps, ANYTHING) didn't know something.

I'm saying PR reps would hear about it from the inner workings of projects that get run by the players wives/GF over the years. Or team outings. People gossip, something would have come out to create a red flag before this happened, and then once this started it should have been on their radar easily.

I think it's too unrealistic to think the team didn't know. Or someone in the system in management (coaching staff, GM, Owner, PR reps, social media reps, ANYTHING) didn't know something.
    It?s not unrealistic but at the same time even if somebody knew, the karlsson specifically did not want anything to go public . The team was not in a situation to do much of anything about this. It?s mainly between two parties who are not team employees. They have been trying to trade Hoffman regardless . PR reps would hear tons of stuff that cant be relayed to management or the public. According to sources Melnyk only knew in May, and he was just owner , not management of the team, before this.

Dobber Sports Titan

It?s not unrealistic but at the same time even if somebody knew, the karlsson specifically did not want anything to go public . The team was not in a situation to do much of anything about this. It?s mainly between two parties who are not team employees. They have been trying to trade Hoffman regardless . PR reps would hear tons of stuff that cant be relayed to management or the public. According to sources Melnyk only knew in May, and he was just owner , not management of the team, before this.
    If a team is taking the teams wives/gf to an event I would say they are very much representing the team and thus a team is in a situation to deal with it.

The reports that are saying Melnyk only knew after the season I can't believe. And Hoffman's agent is saying that Hoffman and Karlsson have not discussed this is for sure untrue. Karlsson called out a burner account on instagram knowing who it was. He would have known it's Monika, and would have said something to Hoffman.

Because the legal documentation was filed by Melinda (maybe Karlsson too since he's in the quotes) to Monika and that's it, the team and Hoffman are using the dates saying they didn't know. They 100% knew.

I think it's ignorant to think the team only knew about it in May (I can maybe see Melnyk not knowing as he's an idiot), but until it's proven...I'm the one who's wrong.

If a team is taking the teams wives/gf to an event I would say they are very much representing the team and thus a team is in a situation to deal with it.

The reports that are saying Melnyk only knew after the season I can't believe. And Hoffman's agent is saying that Hoffman and Karlsson have not discussed this is for sure untrue. Karlsson called out a burner account on instagram knowing who it was. He would have known it's Monika, and would have said something to Hoffman.

Because the legal documentation was filed by Melinda (maybe Karlsson too since he's in the quotes) to Monika and that's it, the team and Hoffman are using the dates saying they didn't know. They 100% knew.

I think it's ignorant to think the team only knew about it in May (I can maybe see Melnyk not knowing as he's an idiot), but until it's proven...I'm the one who's wrong.
    We?ll see. It?s my opinion that they would never have told management or ownership about any of this. If this happened to me I?m not going to my bosses to talk about it

Either way it?s a shitty situation and I just want Hoffman out and to end it

Dobber Sports Titan

We?ll see. It?s my opinion that they would never have told management or ownership about any of this. If this happened to me I?m not going to my bosses to talk about it

Either way it?s a shitty situation and I just want Hoffman out and to end it
    I don't think the women would go to management, nor Karlsson/Hoffman, but if in fact there was a confrontation in the parking lot on team property, someone would have known.

I personally just don't know how something so toxic can't be seen by management. Pretty much just to end it before it got as bad as it did.

Oh well, maybe a team like Pitts will look at it as an opportunity to try and get out from a kessel contract and still get a player like Hoffman

Dobber Sports Star

I don't think the women would go to management, nor Karlsson/Hoffman, but if in fact there was a confrontation in the parking lot on team property, someone would have known.
    More assumptions. I haven't seen anybody say this was a Springer-style confrontation that couldn't be missed. Two people are capable of having a conversation (yes, even an unpleasant one) without everyone they know finding out about it.

Dobber Sports Jedi

this head in the sand approach, seems to be the one taken by the Sens.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

I agree, lots of fringe speculation here. I'd rather stick to the facts to get a better understanding of what's going on here.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I agree, lots of fringe speculation here. I'd rather stick to the facts to get a better understanding of what's going on here.
    I am not sure if this has been mentioned... but there is some individuals' speculations I would kinda, sorta, love to hear on this topic.. but we all know (and are happy) that we won't hear it.

Either way, for Sens fans, this is not good media, and it is not going to help the team win. I do not see anything positive coming from this whether it is true/not true or anything... just not good and I am interested to see where it will go from here.

Dobber Sports Titan

If it isn't the Hoffman's, it's still messed up that someone did 'cyberbully' the Karlsson's.

Then the next portion of this is if the Sens did know, and were shopping Hoffman, what's the ethical standpoint behind this? From a pure GM relationship point, if the trade happened, and it was then caught that the Sens knew and wasn't forth coming with the information that, there were allegations against Hoffman and his fiancee, what GM would deal with the Senators (Melnyk) again?

There's 2 mentalities that would be happening. Buyer beware, or you should be upfront about such issues otherwise it may make you look like a snake. Like offer sheeting RFA's is so taboo with GMs, wouldn't this be something where no GM would want to work with the Sens on a trade unless it was a clear cut win?

Administrator

I'm not going to draw any conclusions until more is known one way or another. Sure the trolling may have started in late 2017 but it probably took a while before the connection was made between the trolling accounts and the accused. And how things progressed from there, etc.

I'm not ready to say Sens' management swung and missed here because there's still a lot of unknowns in the timeline. The only thing for sure is the timing from the Sens' perspective is bad because things are really piling on at this point.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

I think another question is, does the Sens organization even have the right to insert themselves in an issue between Player A's wife and Player B's girlfriend? I don't know. It seems like it's completely between the spouses. Of course there's the nasty comment on Karlsson's instagram post about the baby but I'm fairly certain that every athlete deals with offensive and out of line social media comments. Based on what we know today -- (emphasis on that statement) -- I'm hesitant to say the Sens front office did anything wrong because frankly it feels like this issue is outside of their realm as a hockey organization.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    I think another question is, does the Sens organization even have the right to insert themselves in an issue between Player A's wife and Player B's girlfriend? I don't know. It seems like it's completely between the spouses. Of course there's the nasty comment on Karlsson's instagram post about the baby but I'm fairly certain that every athlete deals with offensive and out of line social media comments. Based on what we know today -- (emphasis on that statement) -- I'm hesitant to say the Sens front office did anything wrong because frankly it feels like this issue is outside of their realm as a hockey organization.
    cyber-bullying - be proactive. They haven't done anything right either. It does not sound like it was one comment posted to EK's account either. Hoffman will be with another team by September...
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4