Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: The Karlsson's stalker

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: The Karlsson's stalker

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Really? lol I see. So you are saying that the Karlssons could be the culpruts here. Yeah, I guess you could be correct. I will apologize if you are, but why would someone of the Karlssons stature make up something like this and why would others close to the situation believe it? Just wondering.
    Obviously there is some sick and twisted shit going on here, but we have no way of knowing who is responsible for it yet (with any certainty). It could be Monika. It could be Melinda. It could be 50/50. It could be some 3rd party posing as Monika. The reality is that we don't know yet, so it's not yet time to start blasting vitriol and celebrating anyone's downfall.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Think about the worst things you could be accused of, and that everyone knows they are true. Doesn't matter if you did it or not, it's just true.

I had my then future ex-wife (wife at the time, but had decided to divorce before this final straw) decide to try and blame me for one of her patients having maggots. She was the director of nursing somewhere, I was the primary accountant at one time, but had left the facility to work elsewhere. The story was going around that we were short staffed on nursing & CNAs so I could save the company money on salaries. The real reason was that the patient was mentally ill, and refused treatment, so my future ex-wife falsified medical records.

It went to a state grand jury, but I was only tangentially involved by then, because the staffing logs & spreadsheet plans showed she was full of it. Can you see how that might have been an issue for me?
    Awkward

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Obviously there is some sick and twisted shit going on here, but we have no way of knowing who is responsible for it yet (with any certainty). It could be Monika. It could be Melinda. It could be 50/50. It could be some 3rd party posing as Monika. The reality is that we don't know yet, so it's not yet time to start blasting vitriol and celebrating anyone's downfall.
    The bolded is not getting enough attention. When the 76ers twitter scandal broke, it was widely assumed that it was Bryan Colangelo. Then it turned out to be not Bryan Colangelo, but still a major problem, and required him to be removed from his position.

There's enough crazy and criminal to go around in the world, that we shouldn't be totally sure of everything before we have decent facts - and right now facts being reported are thin.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I agree with innocent until proven guilty. That said when other players wives have gone public all but confirming harassment, it's not looking good for Hoffman and his fianc?. Mental health is a real issue and whoever is behind the harassment definitely has major issues. I hope some good comes out of all this. Of course for cyber bullying but the underlying cause of such acts. Mental health.
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

Dobber Sports Titan

This is something I saw on instagram. Take it as you will:

According to a report from the Ottawa Sun, Senators players Mike Hoffman and team captain Erik Karlsson had a face-to-face 'confrontation' in the team facility parking lot. This follows alegations that Hoffman's fiancee, Monika Caryk, harassed and made inhumane comments towards Karlsson and his wife Melinda towards themselves and their stillborn son, Axel. According to TSN's Ray Ferrarro and the Sun, Sens GM Pierre Dorion is expected to offer Karlsson an eight-year contract extension in three weeks (July 1st), which Karlsson is planning to reject no matter the money. This will hence force a trade out of Ottawa. My goodness
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Padawan

Imagine both Hoffman and Karlsson leave/get traded and Colorado offer sheets Mark Stone, it would be a perfect ending to this madness. Also do you guys think Matt Duchene resigns there ?

Dobber Sports Titan

Here's a solid article on the issue.

And here's a comment that a someone posted on instagram when Erik Karlsson posted acknowledgement of the support him and Melinda received from the community:

"I feel bad for the baby he didn't have a chance with Melinda popping pain killer medication everyday," posted an Instagram user known as sandydandy45.
    And Erik Karlsson responded to it:
    "How dare you," he posted. "You have been making fake accounts and buying hacked ones for months to harass me and my wife but this is an all new low even for you. You are a disgusting person."

Dobber Sports Genius

Hoffman will be tough to move. Not because of the player he is, lot's of GMs first thoughts will be I can have him for pennies on the dollar but because the signal it sends to the team. If a GM trades for him at least in the short term, it looks like the family element and culture don't matter. Imagine dropping that bomb into the wife's room or family outings. Ugh, his career has been hurt quite a bit because of this.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Think about the worst things you could be accused of, and that everyone knows they are true. Doesn't matter if you did it or not, it's just true.

I had my then future ex-wife (wife at the time, but had decided to divorce before this final straw) decide to try and blame me for one of her patients having maggots. She was the director of nursing somewhere, I was the primary accountant at one time, but had left the facility to work elsewhere. The story was going around that we were short staffed on nursing & CNAs so I could save the company money on salaries. The real reason was that the patient was mentally ill, and refused treatment, so my future ex-wife falsified medical records.

It went to a state grand jury, but I was only tangentially involved by then, because the staffing logs & spreadsheet plans showed she was full of it. Can you see how that might have been an issue for me?
    Of course I can, but you are directly involved and as I stated following that quote, I really have no influence in this matter so what I say really doesn't matter in scheme of things. If I was involved, I would stay out of it. This is just a thread where we offer our opinions and i'm sure there are 100's of them out there. That's just how I see this based on what has come out.

What happened to you was unfortunate and you were smart enough to figure it out. I'm not so sure Hoffman is. It's sad but this stuff happens everyday and in all walks of life. There are many people that are not stable and need professional help. If this is true, and I believe it is, Hoffmans GF definitely needs help.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Hoffman will be tough to move. Not because of the player he is, lot's of GMs first thoughts will be I can have him for pennies on the dollar but because the signal it sends to the team. If a GM trades for him at least in the short term, it looks like the family element and culture don't matter. Imagine dropping that bomb into the wife's room or family outings. Ugh, his career has been hurt quite a bit because of this.
    I have two thoughts about this:

1) The Sens should have been smarter about trading Hoffman. They knew this was going on for months, they had to have known it was going to leak out to the media at some point. I know they wanted a maximum return, but they should have traded Hoffman when his value was higher and they received more in return than they will get now.

2) I'm not worried about other GMs being concerned about culture. There will be teams lining up to sign Voynov. Guys who have beaten up taxi drivers or pled guilty to vehicular homicides continued to remain employed.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I have two thoughts about this:

1) The Sens should have been smarter about trading Hoffman. They knew this was going on for months, they had to have known it was going to leak out to the media at some point. I know they wanted a maximum return, but they should have traded Hoffman when his value was higher and they received more in return than they will get now.

2) I'm not worried about other GMs being concerned about culture. There will be teams lining up to sign Voynov. Guys who have beaten up taxi drivers or pled guilty to vehicular homicides continued to remain employed.
    The sens only found out in May. They were in a no win scenario once they found that out. The karlssons also wanted to keep things confidential, this came out because a reporter found the peace order. There was nothing the team could do about this situation

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyKing View Post
    Imagine both Hoffman and Karlsson leave/get traded and Colorado offer sheets Mark Stone, it would be a perfect ending to this madness. Also do you guys think Matt Duchene resigns there ?
    I do, he will get money and opportunity in Ottawa . Mark stone will also be signed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyKing View Post
    I do, he will get money and opportunity in Ottawa . Mark stone will also be signed

Dobber Sports Sage

If I'm Karlsson I'm going somewhere else to play at this stage.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Erik will say to Eugene, "you'll only have to buy me one more Uber ride, and that's outta town".
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    If I'm any NHL player, I'm going somewhere else to play.

Dobber Sports Titan

Senators definitely knew before May. They are just saying May because of the paper trail (restraining order) says May.

Karlsson definitely confronted Hoffman on Senators property, so no way the management didn't know. BUT, if a team is smart enough, and see Hoffman on the trade block on a team that needs youth and offense, they look into it. All it takes is asking someone close to the team how Hoffman is.

Hoffman and Karlsson have played together since 2011, EK divorced his first wife in 2013, and married Melinda in 2017 (started dating summer 2014). And funny enough Hoffman made his first big season in 2014-15 (Erik Karlsson 66pt season). Hoffman's fiancee reportedly had a weird fascination with Melinda since the beginning. So there was 2014-2017 of weirdness between Melinda and Hoffman's Fiancee. Then once Melinda was pregnant it seems this started, so yeah, I can't see how the ownership couldn't have known anything about this. Heck I know of people's discomfort with each other at my work and I don't spend days on end together with them (like traveling together or running special projects like wives/GFs do)