2 8.70%
  • Blues in 6

4 17.39%
  • Blues in 7

2 8.70%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Western Conference Final: (P2) San Jose Sharks vs. (C3) St. Louis Blues

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Western Conference Final: (P2) San Jose Sharks vs. (C3) St. Louis Blues

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Refs are trying to fix their miss from last game. Doing a good job of it.
    Watching the IIHF tournament with the wider rink, and the ref's can actually see where the puck is a lot easier because they have a lot more room to maneuver. This is something the NHL missed the boat on when new rinks were being built in the '90's and '00's. Let's hope the NHL gets their head out of their ass and implement a regulation that any new rink has to accomodate a wider surface and eventually make the transition to accomodate the bigger players and the extra referee. It will be a much faster and better game.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Western Conference Final: (P2) San Jose Sharks vs. (C3) St. Louis Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Looked like Karlsson could barely skate when he went out there with less than a minute left.
    Karlsson didnt play the last 7 of the second and none in the 3rd. Pavs also shaken up by a hit that rattled his melon and didnt return. Sharks looking very fatigued overall, making simple mistakes all over. Too bad, they just played too many games and OTs against fast teams.

Administrator

Brace yourselves for the coach to not announce which players will play game 6 and which players won't. Everyone will be a game-time decision.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Karlsson didnt play the last 7 of the second and none in the 3rd. Pavs also shaken up by a hit that rattled his melon and didnt return. Sharks looking very fatigued overall, making simple mistakes all over. Too bad, they just played too many games and OTs against fast teams.
    Hertl was out too after a bit of a head shot...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Hertl was out too after a bit of a head shot...
    There should be a hearing on that hit from Barbashev...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Hertl and Karlsson both ruled out for tonight. Sharks are going to really have to dig deep for this win.

Administrator

Personally I think SJ is running out of gas but then again whenever we think an outcome is inevitable, the opposite usually happens.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Hertl and Karlsson both ruled out for tonight. Sharks are going to really have to dig deep for this win.
    I would be very surprised to see Pavelski after his reaction to that bump along the boards. He looked as if he was seeing stars.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    I would be very surprised to see Pavelski after his reaction to that bump along the boards. He looked as if he was seeing stars.
    He is listed as a game time decision; he did make the trip to St Louis. Hertl and Karlsson did not travel. I think the Sharks are better off without Karlsson (he is useless with that groin issue, and I think it was stupid to play him). It's hard to feel sorry for San Jose after all the huge breaks they've received this playoffs, but the injuries are really unfortunate. Especially to Pavs and Hertl.

Administrator

Will something stupid happen sometime in the next hour?

Dobber Sports Deity

Nice to see the Blues pull this one off. It also helps lock up my playoff pool at work.

An interesting stat that went across the screen late in the game. The last time the Blues went to the Cup final was waaaay back in 1970. Their opponent, the Boston Bruins.

Bring on the Finals!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Nice to see the Blues pull this one off. It also helps lock up my playoff pool at work.

An interesting stat that went across the screen late in the game. The last time the Blues went to the Cup final was waaaay back in 1970. Their opponent, the Boston Bruins.

Bring on the Finals!

yes , i remember the series and the Mother's Day Cup clinching victory as i ran outside across the street to my best friends house screaming , they won!! or something like that im sure. Although a young lad then it's funny how you never forget certain times in your life.

Bring on the Blues and good for their fans after an almost 50 yr wait , i hope it's a helluva series and David Backes scores the Cup clinching goal as he gets tripped up across the goal line!
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Stud

It's going to be a great final!
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Genius

Honestly, I'm impressed that the Sharks went this far with Jones. It's too bad, Jumbo vs the Bruins would've been one heck of a storyline whether or not so many fans were hoping to see it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby4Ever View Post
    yes , i remember the series and the Mother's Day Cup clinching victory as i ran outside across the street to my best friends house screaming , they won!! or something like that im sure. Although a young lad then it's funny how you never forget certain times in your life.

Bring on the Blues and good for their fans after an almost 50 yr wait , i hope it's a helluva series and David Backes scores the Cup clinching goal as he gets tripped up across the goal line!
    Well this would be some kind of crazy! A former star playing his old team in a diminished role, hmmmm.... He was never close to Joe Thornton star-status but when it came to my fantasy league he was a top skater in my league for me and even #1 in his best season so I certainly have a soft spot for the guy!
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers View Post
    It's going to be a great final!
    I hope you are right but with the way Rask is playing, I don't like the Blues chances. Bruins in 6.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov