Poll: Canucks vs Wild

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vancouver Canucks (7) vs Minnesota Wild (10) - West Play In Round

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Vancouver Canucks (7) vs Minnesota Wild (10) - West Play In Round

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Wild in 5. Going with experience of the team.
    don't the nucks have 3 players with cup rings?
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    don't the nucks have 3 players with cup rings?
    Pearson, Toffoli and Beagle all have cup rings. I would still think that the Wild have more experience than the Canucks do. For instance, the Canucks 6 dmen and goalies combine for 127 NHL playoff games compared to 226 for the Wild with none of them making their playoff debuts tonight.

The Wild did exactly what they hoped to do tonight. They completely shut down the Canucks top 6 and dominated play the rest of the time. The Wild drew some penalties and scored two PP goals to hold on for the win. Stalock made all the saves but only had to make a few difficult ones as the Wild kept the Canucks out of the danger zones very well all night. It will be interesting to see what, if any, lineup changes the Canucks make for game 2.

Dobber Sports Pro

May not of been Stalock's debut but it was only his second playoff game and first win............
    Looks like the Canucks did exactly what they hoped, scored the first goal and drew penalties. Let down in the last 5 minutes but dominant the rest of the game.
    Be interesting to see how long Toffoli is out, I expected Gaudette to out and be replaced with Sutter but expected another player to come out - instead of Toffoli. Pretty good when you can bring in a 20 goal scorer from the press box to insert in the line up due to an injury. Best of three now.

Fiala looks good.

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Immortal

Canucks playing at 2:30 EST is one of the weirdest things to happen so far.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Canucks playing at 2:30 EST is one of the weirdest things to happen so far.
    I get to watch their full game now, so I like it!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Game Time Prediction -

I am done predicting overtimes!

Minnesota wins this one 4-2 (the 4th goal will be an empty netter) Parise for the hat trick.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Vancouver 5-1
    Just to be different.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Is this game going to get exciting? three roughing penalties in the last 2 minutes of the period.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

And a bunch of running into goalies. Good game so far!

Pretty dangerous hit on Pettersson there.. glad he is up and back at em.

Dobber Sports Titan

Yeah that was dangerous. This game is getting heavy.

Also I'm not sure how that was a penalty on Pettersson for interference. Soft call.

Dobber Sports Titan

Myers now out there being an idiot.

Dobber Sports Pro

Hughes with three Assists. Huge Ice time. Calder worthy.

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Icon

Tough for Minnesota to win a game if they can't score on any of the 6 or 7 powerplays that Tyler Myers gave them.

Dobber Sports Pro

Hughes with another great game. Another record set.

Suter creates a big hole, good game.

Miller, Lack, Elliot