Thread: The Inevitable Olofsson for X Thread...

The Great One

Default The Inevitable Olofsson for X Thread...

Lmao- so we all knew it was just a matter of time before these start popping up everywhere- lol :P

Goal weighted league- G4, A3, Pim/sog0.5, ppp/gwg+1
    Weekly hth- with daily changes- 10 keepers

I figure the first one is a relatively easy yes:

Goalofsson/Nurse
    for
    Ass Itch/Theodore
    *My phone autocorrected Asvech into ass itch so forever more his name is ass itch as far as Im concerned- lol!! Anyways this seems straight ahead. AS has at least the same upside and Theodore should predictably trending upwards. This is dunking slame yes??

Olofsson
    for
    Wheeler
    *One GM in my league offered Wheeler for Keller last year and has a penchant for young guys- Im competing this year so its tempting. Im just worried because Im not sure Wheeler is a slam dunk for 90 again. Hes already 33 and I see him at closer to 82ish. Is it crazy to keep Olofsson here? to be clear it hasnt been offered- and in fact if he did go for it Im gonna guess hed need a plus addded even if its a draft pick (2nd/3rd maybe?). the thing is I just dont want to make this trade- lol! Does that even make sense??

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: The Inevitable Olofsson for X Thread...

Deal 1 is a no for me. Olofsson has much more upside than some guy named Asvech I have never heard of, and this isn't a gritty multicat, so Nurse's peripherals don't help much.

deal 2 looks fine for the next couple years, but..... you don't want to make the deal, so don't.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Deal 1 is a no for me. Olofsson has much more upside than some guy named Asvech I have never heard of, and this isn't a gritty multicat, so Nurse's peripherals don't help much.

deal 2 looks fine for the next couple years, but..... you don't want to make the deal, so don't.
    I think he means Andrei Svechnikov
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenInferno View Post
    I think he means Andrei Svechnikov
    That makes sense, but I had trouble parsing that from "Ass Itch". Sadly my Emu translator is on the fritz, just like his autocorrect.

If that is who that is, it's still sort of a tossup, plus he's really into Olofsson (or is it Goalofsson?) and his potential. I worry that Emu would be angrily reflecting on this deal daily if he does it, and Olofsson keeps scoring on the first line; kind of like in this ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcOTtwXjXaU
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

Let's remember he's a 7th round pick (in real life), and he's just a shooter. He will fall back to earth. If someone is offering you Wheeler...take it.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Let's remember he's a 7th round pick (in real life), and he's just a shooter. He will fall back to earth. If someone is offering you Wheeler...take it.
    I will break my finger hitting accept if I had an offer of Wheeler for my Olofsson.
    My expected output for the two this year:
    Wheeler - 90 points
    Olofsson: 50 points
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Sage

Take wheeler and thank the fantasy God's that there are GMs that overvalue youth and new shiny things.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Take wheeler and thank the fantasy God's that there are GMs that overvalue youth and new shiny things.
    Exact! He'll not become a 50 goals scorer. Top upside of 35 G -60 PTS. And Wheeler ages well too, he'll not drop that much in the next couple years, I see him having 3-4 more seassons of 70 pts + with the young talent around him.

Go and do it NOW!
    14 Team Fantrax, G, A, PIM, SOG, PPP, SHP, Hit, Blk, FO%, GWG+ShGWG, W, L, SV, SV%, SHO
    Max Total Players: 31
    Min Active Players: 0
    Max Active Players: 17
    Max Reserve Players: 4
    Max Injury Reserve Players: 3
    Max Minor League Players: 15

C- MacKinnon, Seguin (RW), Bergeron, Kuznetsov, Hayes
    LW- Gaudreau, A Lee, Domi (LW), Olofsson (RW)
    RW- P Kane, T Wilson, Dadonov (LW), M Tkachuk (LW)
    D- Hedman, Carlson, Doughty, Spurgeon, Girard

G-Vasilevskiy, Varlamov, Stalock

Farm:
    F Hallander, G Denisenko, J Kuokkanen, C Garland, S Noel, A Barre-Boulet, J Marino, C Delia, J Korenar, D Tarasov, U-P Luukkonen, A Werner, J Annunen

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Agree with all of this. You have maybe 3-4 more days to get Wheeler for Olofsson, not like Wheeler has a slow start at all. Pull the trigger and laugh, even if you add in a pick.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

The Great One

That makes sense, but I had trouble parsing that from "Ass Itch". Sadly my Emu translator is on the fritz, just like his autocorrect.

If that is who that is, it's still sort of a tossup, plus he's really into Olofsson (or is it Goalofsson?) and his potential. I worry that Emu would be angrily reflecting on this deal daily if he does it, and Olofsson keeps scoring on the first line; kind of like in this ad:

Lol- tried to rep- love this- haha!

The Great One

Omg I hadnt even opened the link yet- hahaha! Coffee spit everywhere!! If I make it to playoffs Im posting that on the league message board!!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I will break my finger hitting accept if I had an offer of Wheeler for my Olofsson.
    My expected output for the two this year:
    Wheeler - 90 points
    Olofsson: 50 points
    To be clear!

He hasnt offered it. I said hes offered Wheeler for keller last year and in the offseason- so Im guessing his bad season is olofssons floor- and theres probably a lot of hype around Olof right now. Its not an offer for me to accept- its a hypothetical one I would send.

Im also higher on Olofsson- I think he hits 65-70 ala Elias Lindholm with relative ease. i also dont think hes "just a shot"- people in Buffalo have been drooling over him for quite some time. he has one of the few shots in the league that can beat a goalie clean- Ovie/Laine- not saying overall game- but shot hes at least in that conversation. he also plays with a lot of swagger and if he decelops alongside Eichel you could be looking at the draisaitl to Eichels McDavid. Long term 30 goals and a ppg is NOT out of the realm of possibility. Ive made these types of trades before- I just finished posting an overly long anecdote about trading Duchene dor Arnott based on this type of logic and it looked bad by the end of that same season- nevermind down the road. thjats what worries me here.

Hyothetically:

I know hes the hot hand- but would anyone be shoccked to see Goalof hit 30-40-70 with 220+ sogs this year?

Would anyone be shocked with Winnipeg in disarray if Wheeler hit a reasonable 25-55-80 with 220+ sogs this year?

I mean neither of those would really be shocking right? So if we can get to that point people often misgauge Wheelers age because he was such a late bloomer. Dude is 33. Is 10 points this year worth a whole career of Eichels running mate? A guy with an NHL best release- aguy who could threaten 40 in his prime? When do we see a regression from Wheeler? Next year hes 34 and by all accounts hes a fitness phenom- but although his game is predicated on speed and finesse- part of his step into elite level territory is that he uses his size as well. Outside of Iginla I just dont remember a lot of players that were really productive in age 34 seasons and later.

I know, I know- Ive got the "ooh squirrel" vision happening- Goalof is new and shiny. I think "accepting" is the correct choice for this year BUT I really could see buyers remorse as early as next year. The other factor is that if Olofsson breaks out i dont see him in the same mould as Lindholm as purely dependant. Hes doing this in his first year in the NHL- I wouldnt be surprised to see that his underlying metrics break even and start favoring posession very soon. I think a better comparable that Lindholm (which was Keeping karlssons reference and I think based on coming out opf nowhere to have a dominant season with elite linemates)- might be a DeBrincat without the size issues. A player with confidence who can threaten 30 in his rookie year is hard to call "just a shot" imho. Semin was just a shot and people won a few titles with him :PThe 7th rounder thing is poppycock- datsyuk was an 11th rounder back in the days you could draft gretzky for nickel and they delivered breast milk right to your door while you drank whiskey at your train job and banged your secretary with o condom because AIDs wasnt invented yet... ok that got dark... BVUT the point remains- by next year:

You could hav the (Swedish) Sundance Kid to Eichels All-American Butch Cassidey- driving play and threatening 40 goals on one side of the ledger. And a 34 yo Wheeler on the other- doing well but having put up a disappointing season by his standards on a team thats bleeding talent and may or may not be distracted by leadership issues with Laine. I made a trade with this owner of my Barkov for his Tavares (its a shooters league) and I strongly regretted not asking for his James the real deal. I think Ill make this offer IF it includes Bjorkstrand for real deal.

id love to hear counter arguments though!!

Wheeler for Olofsson feels like a smashy smashy accept- but Im not nearly as sure as you guys are. Fantasy Hockey is so much like the NHL in paying for what players have done already. Yes he put up btb 90 point seasons BUT is 34 iteration of Wheeler a 90+ point player on the 2020 iteration of the Winterper Airplanes?? Im not so sure...

The Great One

I offered:

Olofsson/Bjorkstrand/Faulk
    For
    Wheeler/Neal(er/Werenski(ealer)

Dobber Sports Padawan

That was a lot of words.

I need to see some 5on5 production, a lot more assists, and a large portion of the season locked on the 1st line before I'd be ready to call Olofsson a 30-40-70 player.

Once the PP normalizes, and in the event he gets bumped down to the 2nd line (I think he already got bumped off the top line last night for the 3rd period actually) then he could quickly end up a 50pt player instead of a 60+ guy.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenInferno View Post
    That was a lot of words.

I need to see some 5on5 production, a lot more assists, and a large portion of the season locked on the 1st line before I'd be ready to call Olofsson a 30-40-70 player.

Once the PP normalizes, and in the event he gets bumped down to the 2nd line (I think he already got bumped off the top line last night for the 3rd period actually) then he could quickly end up a 50pt player instead of a 60+ guy.
    I hear ya- i usually preach caution too- Terry, Batherson, texier- all topline guys that Im more hesitant on.

I just feel like Goaloff is safe there. Ive also come to terms as a skinner owner that he might just be better suited to L2. He throws everything AND the kitchen sink on net which isnt a horrible strategy but you could see it becoming increasingly frusterating for Big Jack. He has an ideal running mate in Johansson- at least on paper- and I feel like players like himm and Evander Kane can have success in a lower deployment with that style. As a Skinner owner I think hes still good for 30 goals, 60 or more points and piggy pig sog numbers that threaten towards 300. The apples arent there yet but I can see them coming. Goaloff is a shooter but not in the same vein- he picks his spots more, likes to hold the puck- I think he'll be an underrated playmaker- hes got the junior numbers to show he has talent in that area.

Yea I can get kind of wordy :P