Thread: [Signed] Cody Ceci to PIT

Dobber Sports Deity

Default [Signed] Cody Ceci to PIT

Fair value for a fair Dman.

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/sta...288435201?s=19

Cody Ceci signs a 1 year, $1.25 million deal with the Pittsburgh Penguins. Good fit for both and opportunity for Ceci to reset like others are doing on short term deals.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: [Signed] Cody Ceci to PIT

Rutherford loves d-men like Ceci.

He's a RHD on a low-risk deal. I suppose it's fine.

He'll likely pair with Matheson on the 3rd line
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Administrator

At least he didn't get the Jack Johnson contract lol

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

I have no idea why this signing is getting shit online. Not bad cost, and Ceci is a good 4-5-6 guy. It’s going to be important to go into this year with 8 playable D’s (Ruhwedel, Riikola would be 7 and 8 but both will get 30 games if season goes 82.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    I have no idea why this signing is getting shit online. Not bad cost, and Ceci is a good 4-5-6 guy. It’s going to be important to go into this year with 8 playable D’s (Ruhwedel, Riikola would be 7 and 8 but both will get 30 games if season goes 82.
    I think it's less this one, and more that they already took on Matheson who isn't very good defensively, and bought oout Johnson who isn't very good, period. Plus know ing the GM's fascination with these kind of guys, what does his next contract with the Pens look like?

I look at it like the Flyers stupid Justin Braun trade last year. Ceci is basically a younger version of Braun, but just costs a little bit of money, so it's fine as long as things don't go sbad with the next contract - if there is one. As a Flyers fan, I'd rather them have Johnson still, and this is fine for the dollar and term.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I think it's less this one, and more that they already took on Matheson who isn't very good defensively, and bought oout Johnson who isn't very good, period. Plus know ing the GM's fascination with these kind of guys, what does his next contract with the Pens look like?

I look at it like the Flyers stupid Justin Braun trade last year. Ceci is basically a younger version of Braun, but just costs a little bit of money, so it's fine as long as things don't go sbad with the next contract - if there is one. As a Flyers fan, I'd rather them have Johnson still, and this is fine for the dollar and term.
    As a Flyers fan... you’ve gotta be thrilled then, that the Rangers picked up JJ. :-)
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Doubly. My significant other is a Rangers fan. And a Giants fan, and worst of all, a Yankees fan.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    Well, he's definitely a 5-6-7 Dman (he's not a top 4 Dman) but "good" is questionable. He really hasn't been good at all. Maybe playing him in a bottom pairing is where he needs to be and less ice time than he's played is a good thing.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Good restart deal for him.