Thread: Cory Schneider

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Cory Schneider

What are the chances he gets bought out or sent back to the AHL? In my salary cap league, i'm considering taking him and a high pick, then I can use the 6 million once I clear up the cap? Or should I not risk it?
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Cory Schneider

Cory Schneider wouldn't be someone I would target in any league, much less one for which there is a $6,000,000 cap hit. Blackwood looks to have the 1A job, at a minimum. And New Jersey doesn't seem to be a defensive powerhouse at the moment or for the next couple years.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Cory Schneider wouldn't be someone I would target in any league, much less one for which there is a $6,000,000 cap hit. Blackwood looks to have the 1A job, at a minimum. And New Jersey doesn't seem to be a defensive powerhouse at the moment or for the next couple years.
    I would take him purely as a dump, as once he gets bought out or sent down to the AHL, I can cut his 6 million. Do you think either of those things are very likely to happen? If not, then I may reconsider
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    Team:

Administrator

Buyout is a real possibility. If he makes it to training camp he'll get every chance again to make it work in the NHL given his price tag.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I wouldn't touch him if that's a league where you can only cut guys under a certain value, unless I got paid very well to take that chance. Is it a league like that?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I wouldn't touch him if that's a league where you can only cut guys under a certain value, unless I got paid very well to take that chance. Is it a league like that?
    yep, we can only drop one guy every offseason over 5 million
    Skaters:
    Goalies:
    Team:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kawee View Post
    yep, we can only drop one guy every offseason over 5 million
    I posted in your trade thread, and I'm actually fine with the deal, as you are giving up guys I think have more negative value than Schneider for him.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.