Thread: Keller

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Keller

What's the deal with his ice time?

Haven't gone above 16:46 in the past 5 games.

Seems to be firing a good number of shots still, on pace for more than last year but his production is pretty spotty.

Even tonight, 6 forwards have played more early on.

They just signed him to a big contract, so you'd think he'd be a focal point.

Not going to lie, he's a fairly frustrating own.

I just don't get the sense he'll produce this year like his rookie season, not sure if it's mostly due to teams having a book on him now, or what explains it but he seems to be a 45-55 pt guy right now. Getting outscored by Schmaltz and Garland, lol.

I'm not saying in any way he's similar to MacKinnon was, but sort of funny how MacK had a great rookie season too, then regressed for a few years, then went beast mode.

I looked closer and MacKinnon had 207 pts in first 300 games, Keller has 127 in 189. So 0.69 ppg for MacK, and Keller is at 0.67 ppg through his 189 games (if you include tonight's game which is still going).

I guess tempering expectations makes sense, as much as you want a high upside guy to be a beast already lol. He is my 2 year contract right now, so still have some time with him, but I can't lie I've considered moving him at different points if a solid enough offer came along. Just would hate to move him too soon, even if I find a piece that helps me a bit more in the short term, just given it's a keeper and his raw talent.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Keller

If someone is buying Keller as a 65 point guy, sell Keller.
    PTKL - '18 and '19 Back to Back League Champion!
    12 team league, 20 players per team
    Count top 9 F, 4 D, 1 G
    Points only for F and D
    G Stats: W = 1, SO = 1, Saves (0.04 per save), Goals Against (-0.2 per goal), G and A also count

F: Barkov, Bergeron, Dadonov, Getzlaf, Hertl, Marchand, Olofsson, Pacioretty, Pavelski, Radulov, Stone, Wheeler, Zuccarello
    D: Krug, Letang, Petry, Rielly, Weber
    G: Fleury, Price

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by beatnik_uwo View Post
    If someone is buying Keller as a 65 point guy, sell Keller.
    i was just talking about how frustrating keller is at the moment too. i get that arizona's offense is near the bottom of the league, but i was hoping for a bit more production here, especially given his deployment

dobberguide was selling a 64 point keller too
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Sage

I think I mentioned this last year in one of your threads and it still applies until Keller proves otherwise.

In a 14 team keep 4, he is never a keeper on a competitive team. He finished 129th in scoring last year with a low goal to assist output. Your league only keeps 56 players.

The desert is also the place that fantasy players go to die. They have a long history of non production in that system.

In limited keepers we don't want to be keeping potential. We almost always end up being a middling team when we do this. The excecptions are just so few and far between that we are almost always wrong and the more limited the keepers the less margin for error we have. We need 4 top end players (in the top 56, preferably top 40)so that we aren't starting at the back of the pack come draft time.

Edit: it doesn't solve your current problem but I think the start of solving the problem is the mindset shift
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    I think I mentioned this last year in one of your threads and it still applies until Keller proves otherwise.

In a 14 team keep 4, he is never a keeper on a competitive team. He finished 129th in scoring last year with a low goal to assist output. Your league only keeps 56 players.

The desert is also the place that fantasy players go to die. They have a long history of non production in that system.

In limited keepers we don't want to be keeping potential. We almost always end up being a middling team when we do this. The execptions are just so few and far between that we are almost always wrong and the more limited the keepers the less margin for error we have. We need 4 top end players (in the top 56, preferably top 40)so that we aren't starting at the back of the pack come draft time.

Edit: it doesn't solve your current problem but I think the start of solving the problem is the mindset shift
    Well said!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

A change of scenery is what he needs. That team is a trainwreck.
    12-team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (10 keepers)
    Cats: G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, SHOTS BLOCKED, W, GAA, Saves, Save%

Original draft was 2015
    Year #1 = Tanked hard (finished last)
    Year #2 = Playoff League Champion
    Year #3 = Lost in Playoffs but traded Murray for 2nd best odds at #1. (Will draft Dahlin).

10 Keepers
    Keepers: C.McDavid (C), J.Eichel (C), A.Matthews (C), P.Laine (LW-RW), J.Gaudreau (LW), N.Ehlers (LW-RW), C.Keller (LW), T.Rask (G), A.Vasilevskiy (G) + ??? (Keeper #10)
    Potential Keepers : J.Saros, T.Demko, M.Sergachev, M.Duchene, J.Puljujarvi.
    Other Players: Not worth mentioning...

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by spacecowboy View Post
    Team is winning games, I wouldn't call them a trainwreck. And I doubt Keller will be traded any time soon.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by spacecowboy View Post
    2nd in the Pacific? Tied for 3rd in the conference?
    Um....
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    2nd in the Pacific? Tied for 3rd in the conference?
    Um....
    Exactly. I think they are an up-n-coming team who will make noise in the playoffs.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Yes, up-and-comer as a team but I'm starting to doubt Keller will realize the potential he showed during his rookie year. Way too early to write him off but I don't see a player who will be a steady PPG player. More like 60-ish and without much else, his value in non points-only leagues is marginal.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.