Thread: Big trade idea?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Big trade idea?

hey guys, i'm back with an idea that could be interesting, and it's centered around the Draisaitl and Matthews idea that I floated here. Obviously doing that isn't going to help so there is a couple of big components included as well. He was interested in this deal so maybe it's a good deal? Not sure though.

I get:
    Matthews
    John Gibson (that contract looks great...)
    Dubois
    Giordano

He gets:
    Draisaitl
    Werenski
    NYI tandem
    Cirelli

Let me know of your guys's thoughts, here are the categories:
    G A PIM PPP SOG FW HIT BLK W GA* GAA SV SA* SV%
    I also have the best odds for the first pick, which will lead to Lafreniere. Maybe I should dangle that to take out Werenski or Cirelli? Thanks for the response in advance. One more thing, the asterisk means that we don't count those categories.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Big trade idea?

I am not for big trades like this in general and certainly not for dealing the Third Reich for anyone not named Connor McDavid. Your league also doesn't favor goals, which is only real argument for Matthews over Leon. Werenski far and away better option IMO than an aged Giordano, Zack is just entering his prime. Gibson like Dobber said in Ramblings today, 2-3 years from now a rock, until then it'll be up and down. I would rather have the NYI tandem here and now in that defensive system. The only true win in this deal is you getting Dubois for Cirelli essentially...retain your assets.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    I am not for big trades like this in general and certainly not for dealing the Third Reich for anyone not named Connor McDavid. Your league also doesn't favor goals, which is only real argument for Matthews over Leon. Werenski far and away better option IMO than an aged Giordano, Zack is just entering his prime. Gibson like Dobber said in Ramblings today, 2-3 years from now a rock, until then it'll be up and down. I would rather have the NYI tandem here and now in that defensive system. The only true win in this deal is you getting Dubois for Cirelli essentially...retain your assets.
    great points you have here, thanks for the feedback! I was wondering if MacKinnon may be more of a interesting option or if Draisaitl’s production is first off sustainable and his faceoffs from the wing tip the advantage to him? Thanks for the response in advance.

Dobber Sports Superstar

you need to view Leon as the second best player in the world. The only player you have any business trading him for is Connor McDavid. If you were trading Leon for MacKinnon, you would also need to get a very nice secondary piece. Yes, Leon's scoring can be maintained, he has been scoring at a bonkers rate for 1.5 years, when McDavid was out for two weeks, his production went even higher. This is a dominant player who is not reliant on Connor to get his points.
    Girouxsalem

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

Tro,Schmaltz

Dobber Sports Apprentice

alright for sure. My plan was to pair McDavid and Drai but i’m not sure how much I would have to offer for McDavid. I’ll post my team here soon

Dobber Sports Sage

Do you count forward positions? I don't like moving drai for Matthews in a cap league even if you don't count forward positions. If you do count them I just don't see a reason to make this move. Even if you had goals weighted, it's not like drai doesn't score goals. I'm just not understanding why.

Generally the team that gets the best player wins the trade in fantasy. I don't see this trade being any different and the best fantasy player is drai.

In cap leagues Mackinnon is an absolute gem. So much value. I can get behind that move as giving up drais position value is somewhat offset by the 2 mil savings. I still wouldn't be in a hurry to unload drai, his contract is going to age extremely well and it will look alot like the Mackinnons does now in 3 years.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Apprentice

alright, i’ll try to get McDavid. Here are my top trade assets besides Draisaitl: First round pick (Lafreniere), Werenski, Varly and Greiss, and Cirelli? I don’t know if I have enough or what I should offer. Also looking for some feedback here

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Kawee View Post
    alright for sure. My plan was to pair McDavid and Drai but i’m not sure how much I would have to offer for McDavid. I’ll post my team here soon
    if you own either it is worth exploring the acquisition price of the other. I gave it a shot in this league for Connor but he wanted too much which will unfortunately always be the case. I believe he asked me for Zibanejad, Hughes, my 1st/2nd round picks in the next draft.
    Girouxsalem

ThePeterNorthStars

Tro,Schmaltz

Dobber Sports Superstar

alright, i’ll try to get McDavid. Here are my top trade assets besides Draisaitl: First round pick (Lafreniere), Werenski, Varly and Greiss, and Cirelli? I don’t know if I have enough or what I should offer. Also looking for some feedback here
    not remotely close if the owner isn't a moron. Just keep what you have, the original proposed trade is a washout at best.
    Girouxsalem

ThePeterNorthStars

Tro,Schmaltz

Dobber Sports Sage

Yes it won't be enough for Connor. Sometimes doing nothing is the best move. Draft Lafreniere and hope he turns into the next beast, he'll have an elc for a few years and has high potential for great value.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Apprentice

one more question. Do you guys think I can get a 3rd star alongside Laf and Draisaitl with the remaining pieces? Or is Werenski and Cirelli good enough.

Dobber Sports Superstar

one more question. Do you guys think I can get a 3rd star alongside Laf and Draisaitl with the remaining pieces? Or is Werenski and Cirelli good enough.
    you should be viewing Werenski as a star, at 22 yrs. old he had 20 goals in 63 GP from the blue line. Had this season gone on he would've more than likely usurped 50 points with over 200 SOG. That is a high value defender do not be so hurried to offload him.
    Girouxsalem

ThePeterNorthStars

Tro,Schmaltz

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I guess so. Thanks for the help guys, i’ll give an update soon enough

Dobber Sports Pro

I don't think you should do ANY of the things you've been planning. You've got Drai and you're about to Lafreniere - I'd be happy with that. Stand pat and you won't regret it.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Teravainen, McCann, Montour, Jones, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, MacKinnon, Pavelski, Duchene, Farabee, Henrique
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Joseph, Schenn, Nyqvist, Roslovic, Duclair, S. Jones, Korpisalo, Quick, Rittich
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Rossi, Hutson, Mateychuk