Thread: Need to make several cuts- rep!!

The Great One

Default Need to make several cuts- rep!!

So I dont think Ill be contending this year-= but Im also dont have it in me for a "straight tank"- lol! Dont get me wrong if I stumble out of the gate Ill be a seller at the deadline but with this roster- if I catch a couple lucky breaks I feel like I can slip into the playoffs and once there anything can happen (especially with these goalies- dayyyyyum!).

We start 12F, 6D, 2G, and 4 Bench players with strict prospect guidelines (26 games or less. Ill post my roster, my surefire keepers and then all the guys who are decisions.

KIeepers
    F- Matthews, Bjorkstrand, Hughes, Gusev, Kase, Garland, Labanc, Ferland, Nino, Eberle, Coleman
    D- Krug, Hronek, Toews
    G- Vas, Bob

G situation:

So I think Im going to keep the minimum D (mostly because my quality is so poor- and one extra G in Raanta. Im going to work my butt off to trade Dell for anythin (pick, prospect, forward)- if that fails Im shopping Raanta too and Ill keep Dell. So in conclusion I hope to keep one and trade the other for the best return.

D situation:

I think Ive resolved to just keep 6 total. That leaves Graves, Schultz and probably Brodin. That means Borowiecki and Gudas are droppers.

F situation:

I like Ferland and Im banking on 55ish type bounceback from Nino. Coleman and Eberle fall in the category of "meh" but too good to drop with this player pool.That leaves 1 more active F keeper and 3 on the bench. I have to choose from the following group (the best 4 from)...

Foegegle
    Connolly
    Galchenyuk
    Neal
    Milano
    Sikura
    Little
    Namestikinov

Prospect situation:

My prospects are free keepers and theres only a few but I like them all- Ty Smith, Elvenes, Chmelveleski

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Need to make several cuts- rep!!

You are going to keep Brodin over one of Boroweicki or Gudas? Is that what I am reading correctly?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm not sure how much points did they get last year with your setup, but I think I would keep BoroCop and Gudas over these forwards for sure. (I saw the categories in an other topics) My other two would be Little and Connolly (maybe Milano).

I would keep Raanta over Dell (Dell is an UFA this year and I'm not sure he gets another NHL job)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    You are going to keep Brodin over one of Boroweicki or Gudas? Is that what I am reading correctly?
    Yes- he outpoints them in this format- not a stnadard hth cats format. You get 0.1 for each hit block and pim. Brodin in a "meh year" outpointed them by 30 and 50 fpts respectively...

The Great One

I dropped Little- 2 seasons of 40 and at 33 when Im not contending- he was a drop. I totally get the logic- not criticizing- but Im going for "homerun" swings on upside over sure things...

The Great One

Also its a hth points league with G3, A2, ST+1, and 0.1 for blocks/hit/pim- so borocop and gudas are drops unfortunately...

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Yes- he outpoints them in this format- not a stnadard hth cats format. You get 0.1 for each hit block and pim. Brodin in a "meh year" outpointed them by 30 and 50 fpts respectively...
    Really? I have a hard time seeing Brodin out performing too many. He just seems meh every year for fantasy. Great real life guy but he doesnt offer much for fantasy. He barely hits, not great for blocks and doesnt score much, although he was finally having a career year offensively, but to be fair, that shouldnt have been hard to do and his total this year are nothing special. Before this season, his career high in points was 25 (this year he was at 28 before the stoppage). You know your league best I guess.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If you go for homerun swings then keep Milano, Sikura (however I think he is heading to bust territory). Can you add from UFA? Maybe there are some prospects out there.